Weather Talk

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
My son in law and daughter have military insurance through the airforce. They pay hardly anything and never have a problem with a claim. She was a new driver and only paid a couple hundred dollars for the year. Crazy
Caper
USAA requires you have a military connection so husband, wife or children can joins...not sure about parents but might be worth call to them to see. My 3/4 ton NV2500 van went from $800/6 mo to $375/6 mo for pretty much same coverage.

• Love
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
USAA requires you have a military connection so husband, wife or children can joins...not sure about parents but might be worth call to them to see. My 3/4 ton NV2500 van went from $800/6 mo to $375/6 mo for pretty much same coverage.
Nice that would be great
😊
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
T

thatguy2

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Beautiful weather continues. Harvested honey and got the deer blind ready to go yesterday.
Screenshot 20230926 075643 Snapchat

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
My motorcycle insurance doubled this year and they say it's inflation which was at 8% not 100%...scumbags!!
My full coverage on the Pioneer, the Talon and the Grizzly gets renewed next month. It's 21.6% higher than the current term with zero changes and zero claims.

• Sad
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My full coverage on the Pioneer, the Talon and the Grizzly gets renewed next month. It's 21.6% higher than the current term with zero changes and zero claims.
I pay 250 a year for full coverage on my Pioneer and my Rubicon Foreman 500.
Don't think I could do much better. Through my wife's work as a teacher. She's retired but stayed the same. 😊
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Beautiful weather continues. Harvested honey and got the deer blind ready to go yesterday.
View attachment 404051
I bought a new blind for Alberta this year, the last couple got picked up by high winds and ended up a few miles away stuck to a Barb wire fence. So they haven't been good for the last few years. I sent a picture and told my buddy to go get these, might help stay in place. Haha
Caper
IMG 2531

T

thatguy2

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a new blind for Alberta this year, the last couple got picked up by high winds and ended up a few miles away stuck to a Barb wire fence. So they haven't been good for the last few years. I sent a picture and told my buddy to go get these, might help stay in place. Haha
Caper View attachment 404052
This is my blind. I have it on a 10 ft stand. The interior is probably nicer than my first apartment. Bought it back in 2020. Its a great place to go in inclement weather or if you have kids to take with you. The Buck Palace Platinum 360° 6X6 Blind

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Caper View attachment 404052
Gotta love Princess Auto. I'm like a kid in a candy store in there!

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is my blind. I have it on a 10 ft stand. The interior is probably nicer than my first apartment. Bought it back in 2020. Its a great place to go in inclement weather or if you have kids to take with you. The Buck Palace Platinum 360° 6X6 Blind
Very nice!

I lived on the Eastern Shore of MD and there were "blind contests" for deer and duck/goose blinds. Being a lowly underpaid civil servant I couldn't afford the lavish digs in some of the blinds and I was fundamentally opposed to having a bar in the blind but I had just replaced an 8'x 12' porch and I put that up on some 6x6's about 8' up on my side of a powerline right of way that had deer by the dozens all day long. I could shoot 800' one direction and about 1100' the other way and I planted corn and soy beans all up and down that area....of course I harvested it. First year it didn't have a roof, just a tarp, next year there was most of a roof sorta and after 4 or 5 years I got a Mr Buddy heater and screen under the floor to keep the skeeters out, stairs and got rid of the ladder. I would not have won any contest but there was a lot backstrap and jerky harvested. The folks that bought it when we moved to ID tore it down and built a fancy one but then he was the brother of our congressman and had lots of money. BTW, most of those deer fell to 2 bladed broadhead out of my recurve. #1 and #2 sons killed their first deer out of that old porch.

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yup that's very nice. That would be great here in Nova Scotia. Alberta is pretty flat. Anything to get you out of the snow and -27 is great. But that's pretty nice.
😊
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Very nice!

I lived on the Eastern Shore of MD and there were "blind contests" for deer and duck/goose blinds. Being a lowly underpaid civil servant I couldn't afford the lavish digs in some of the blinds and I was fundamentally opposed to having a bar in the blind but I had just replaced an 8'x 12' porch and I put that up on some 6x6's about 8' up on my side of a powerline right of way that had deer by the dozens all day long. I could shoot 800' one direction and about 1100' the other way and I planted corn and soy beans all up and down that area....of course I harvested it. First year it didn't have a roof, just a tarp, next year there was most of a roof sorta and after 4 or 5 years I got a Mr Buddy heater and screen under the floor to keep the skeeters out, stairs and got rid of the ladder. I would not have won any contest but there was a lot backstrap and jerky harvested. The folks that bought it when we moved to ID tore it down and built a fancy one but then he was the brother of our congressman and had lots of money. BTW, most of those deer fell to 2 bladed broadhead out of my recurve. #1 and #2 sons killed their first deer out of that old porch.
And I thought having a back on the chair was nice. 😂
Caper

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
This is a picture from inside my blind last year with an old friend. He was cold in the -27, I was good and had my gloves off. And one of the moose we got.
😊
Caper

IMG 1036 IMG 0996

T

thatguy2

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Im not gonna lie when its hovering around 0 I will put my lil buddy propane heater in the blind to and crack a window.

Dont need a heater today. It is supposed to hit 96. Summer please go away

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Im not gonna lie when its hovering around 0 I will put my lil buddy propane heater in the blind to and crack a window.

Dont need a heater today. It is supposed to hit 96. Summer please go away
We worry when the temperature is around freezing that the deer won't cool off good. When it's that warm do you skin it out right then, or how do you cool it off. Or do you. I guess no staying at the camp, it's go home right away.
My buddy has a little buddy that he takes for his blind, but I wasn't that cold so I don't get one. Haha. I have the warm bibs to go with my jacket this year. So I'll be able to sleep. 😂😂😂
Caper

advertisement