Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I thought about you when all those storms were come through here headed that way.
Thanks. I could do with just rain. Hopefully they are wrong with the snow. Camp in Cape Breton could get a foot. Will definitely still be snow around when we go down for May long weekend. Definitely no bugs. 😊
Caper

• Love
Reactions: SWB
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
@Mudder , just watching Mecum auction Houston. Saw a 72 Landcruser. Went for $43K. Totally restored. Thought of you. Hope all is well. Still cool up here. Had a little snow yesterday. More rain tomorrow.
Caper
IMG 3446

Reactions: SWB and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@Mudder One that they drive looks like has not been cut away. Other one couldn't tell look like parts vehicle.
From FB FJ40 site. $25k for an original daily driver a decent price. Selling to buy another for restoration. @Caper new ride???🤣
IMG 0568

• Love
Reactions: NTCPrezJB and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
From FB FJ40 site. $25k for an original daily driver a decent price. Selling to buy another for restoration. @Caper new ride???🤣
View attachment 424573
Yup nice. Good shape for the year.
I like my Tundra now. A lot more comfortable at my age. 😊But I'd love to have a FJ40 for around my camp in Cape Breton. 😊 I thought that one at the auction, totally restored for $43 was a good deal, because most are in the $70's or $80 restored. It would probably outlast me. 😊
Caper

Hoosier1960

Hoosier1960

Lifetime Member
Jul 26, 2023
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
I had a FJ40 once. It was a trade in at the Toyota dealer worked at. $400 It was so nasty on the inside we sprayed full strength when I whitewall cleaner on the inside and hosed it out. Mileage was atrocious. Put headers and a different distributor and It was a whole different machine.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: Mudder and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I had a FJ40 once. It was a trade in at the Toyota dealer worked at. $400 It was so nasty on the inside we sprayed full strength when I whitewall cleaner on the inside and hosed it out. Mileage was atrocious. Put headers and a different distributor and It was a whole different machine.

My brother put electronic ignition in and it got almost double the gas mileage. 😊
Caper

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

Great, another FJ owner!. Prior owner had installed an upgraded coil and headers on mine. FJ top off go-anywhere mudddin memories were the best. A weather change I always looked forward to.
IMG 0198

• Love
Reactions: NTCPrezJB and Caper
T

thatguy2

Aug 18, 2023
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Got lucky this am. Thought I might intercept a tornado on the way to work. It touched down to our sw and again to our northeast. Don't usually see storms that powerful at 0400 in this part of the world. It's usually a late afternoon till maybe 2300 or so event.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!