Mastabeta1

Oct 9, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand

4. Talon R
This was last weekend at our cabin in the pioneer with tracks had to get more rope

20200209 103311

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
One thing those tough pioneers did not have to worry about on those narrow rough sections like Engineers Pass was some idiot coming from other way in crew cab pickup with his wife & kids with no clue you were there & no intentions of yeilding. Those sections should be one way since other ways around.

D

Doniton2

May 26, 2019
MO
Ownership

1. Talon R
In my opinion, on the Talon it is a challenge finding enough cargo space for even extensive day trips. Of course, I tend to over-pack with tools/equipment/recovery gear for most any eventuality (ever the boy scout). I'm not saying it can't be done, but I believe you're going to have to expand your cargo capacity by way of bed extenders, elevated/rooftop carriers and the like, all of which can affect the handling quality of the machine.

Currently, I'm carrying a couple of Rigid toolboxes which stack securely, a soft cooler, two Rotopak 1.5gal fuel packs mounted along with a fire extinguisher on the rear cage. I could certainly strap things on top of what I've already got, but at some point you begin looking like Jed Clampitt moving the family to Beverly. A bigger cargo box would be the first thing I'd change on the Talon if I could.

On the other hand, if she's riding solo, you do have the entire passenger seat for additional cargo capacity...

Steve
She will be the only one in the Talon. That opens up the passenger seat area as well. I plan on keeping as much of the heavy stuff in the floor board or as low as possible.

D

Doniton2

May 26, 2019
MO
Ownership

1. Talon R
for your clothes these bags work well keeping stuff clean & dry. Little pricy but good. Just bungy on & go

I have tons of drybags for all kinds of different scenarios on the bike.

0E805D29 07F6 40AB 8E35 B2B6837F7205

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!