BOX1

P500 Weight of stock wheels and tires?

C

Chooglin

7 inch wheels?
If you are going with 26x9x12 all 4 corners , then I would go with a 7" wide wheel ! This will give you a slight bulge on the side wall, wich will protect the outer lip on the wheel from damage !!!

J

JTW

If you are going with 26x9x12 all 4 corners , then I would go with a 7" wide wheel ! This will give you a slight bulge on the side wall, wich will protect the outer lip on the wheel from damage !!!
That's what I was thinking.. Any real benefit to going 9 in the from and 11 in the back?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Did he just say the P word? off with his head!!!
Ha.
I went with Sedona Ripsaws and felt no loss in power. I'm running 26s. Or is it 25? Sh.. I cant remember. My ride sits all summer. Too hot to ride. Fall is around the corner!!
To hot......
dude...we desert ride...
Fricking blast...high desert
once the sun goes down
it cools off....but fun riding

Reactions: JTW
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I think MPG will be also better with narrower tires, if u go 9" wide all around.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Alot of guys
going same tire on all
corners, & I can't remember
seeing any threads saying
it didn't work for them...
plus...spare fits um all

Reactions: webby and JTW
C

Chooglin

Won't he be wider in front than back that way?
I wouldn't think so, stock offset from the hub is 1.500 and 2.00 from hub , on after market wheels. It should change a .500 from the hub , with 5+2 wheels on all four wheels !

Reactions: trigger
C

Chooglin

That's what I was thinking.. Any real benefit to going 9 in the from and 11 in the back?
The only reason I went the same width all the way around , was so I could rotate them and my spare would match all four wheels and tires on the vehicle !
Nothing wrong with going wider in the rear at all !

C

Chooglin

Ok I went out and measured the width of my p500 front and rear !
Front is at 52 1/2 and rear is 51 1/2.........1.00 wider in front !

This is with 26x9x12 original bighorns on 5+2 wheels on all four corners !

The only thing I can figure is, the stock tires must bulge more in the rear (by a .500) if it's truly at 50" in stock form !

Reactions: trigger and JTW
J

JTW

Ok I went out and measured the width of my p500 front and rear !
Front is at 52 1/2 and rear is 51 1/2.........1.00 wider in front !

This is with 26x9x12 original bighorns on 5+2 wheels on all four corners !

The only thing I can figure is, the stock tires must bulge more in the rear (by a .500) if it's truly at 50" in stock form !
How wide of a tire can you put on a 7 inch rim?

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 5+2 offset all 4conners , but 9" front and 11" rear and it's even , I've measured it long time ago.

I thought of going 11" all around. Will measure this weekend. That's why I thought to change rear wheels to 2+5 offset

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How wide of a tire can you put on a 7 inch rim?
12". I could not find any wider tire, nobody makes them unless custom. I looked around and could not find wider then 12" tire, was looking into artic tire mod.

J

JTW

I have 5+2 offset all 4conners , but 9" front and 11" rear and it's even , I've measured it long time ago.

I thought of going 11" all around. Will measure this weekend. That's why I thought to change rear wheels to 2+5 offset

That makes sense..

J

JTW

So we have stock tires weighing 14lbs.. Itp steel wheels are about 14 lbs. for sake of argument we'll say stock are the same.. It looks like aluminum 212 wheels are about 10 lbs.. So we have a stock setup on the rear weighing about 24lbs..

I know there was a noticible difference between my buddies stock wheels and tires vs the aluminum wheels and slingshots. The 25x10x12 sling shot is going to weigh 24-25 lbs, with aluminum wheels at 10lbs.. His set up is running roughly 10lbs heavier than stock at 34-35lbs. So, for every 10lbs you add to your wheel/tire setup.. It will be noticible in perceived power loss. Hopefully this might help some folks in the future in choosing a tire wheel combo.

Bighorn originals in a 26x9x12 will weigh about 25.2lbs... Bighorn 2.0's are 4 lbs less in the same tire. It's not exact but in the bighorn tires widening seems to add 4-5lbs and going up an inch about 7lbs.

locoboilerguy

locoboilerguy

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2016
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
How's it add weight if your ar's gon?

Argon is heavier than the air we breath. People can actually drown in it if its inhaled as it lies in your lungs due to its density compared to our normal atmosphere. So the joke comment was to ad weight to the P5 by using argon.

locoboilerguy

locoboilerguy

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2016
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
D
Be the engineer at work
Be the guy ready to ride.....
the rest of the time
Did you have a surgery that removed your sense of humor? People were actually joking about this in the afternoon or so it appeared. Hey if the guy wants to do it why can't he? Its a discussion not a contest. You seem to want to make it a contest.

Reactions: trigger
J

JTW

Argon is heavier than the air we breath. People can actually drown in it if its inhaled as it lies in your lungs due to its density compared to our normal atmosphere. So the joke comment was to ad weight to the P5 by using argon.
Lol.. I know.. Ar-gon.., air gone. I was just Josh'n ya.. And that's funnier when you know the J in jtw stands for josh.

J

JTW

D

Did you have a surgery that removed your sense of humor? People were actually joking about this in the afternoon or so it appeared. Hey if the guy wants to do it why can't he? Its a discussion not a contest. You seem to want to make it a contest.

Bahahahahaah!! It didn't bother me at all..

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!