P1000 western impact snow plow

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I can't say anything bad about the plow really, I've had it since '09 when I bought my truck. It is what it is, the only thing thats has happened to it was the cover falling off while in use, luckily I saw it and didn't plow into a pile, mines the HTS basic plow for a 1/2 truck, it has been lost in storage for the last two seasons as I plow my crap with the pioneer now.....much more fun. The western Vee plow on the pioneer really looks pissa, unfortunatly my pockets aren't that deep.
mine aren't that deep either but I figured since I bought the best and paid the most for it Might as well finish strong and buy the best plow and maybe be able to use it to make some money. Now no snow figures

C

Cook

Feb 12, 2016
Colorado
yes this plow is prob a smaller version of what is on your truck!! How do u like western so far I bought this after a lot of research showed they were the best. It was a hard decision between this one and the boss but boss didn't have auto scoop and retract mode! that was a big factor for me.
So I'm trying to decide between Western and BOSS. Never owned a plow or plowed a single flake. I've looked on the Western description of the Impact but it says nothing about an auto scoop and retract. How does that work? The Western is cheaper and lighter, though I think the plowing width is a little less.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
mine aren't that deep either but I figured since I bought the best and paid the most for it Might as well finish strong and buy the best plow and maybe be able to use it to make some money. Now no snow figures
isn't that the way it always goes, we keep getting these little 2 or 3" storms, isn't hardly worth going out to plow. I at least go clean the end of my driveway from the snow the town trucks leave me, one has to play sometimes lol.

D

Dehr

Jun 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey All, getting here a bit late, hopefully someone is still around, I've been looking at the Western Impact V-Plow for my Pioneer 1000-5. The local dealer is telling me that it will not fit on my machine. How did you guys get yours setup? Did you just buy the plow and rig something to work? Or did the dealer install it?

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HA! Here's my commercial grade snow mover...John Deere 210LE

Johnny is a machine of many uses...

20170106 103821

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not to hyjack...but,

It's just a 1.25 yd, 4 in 1 bucket. JD 210LE's uses a single cylinder to dump. Probably just the angle of the photo makes it look different. It's a 2004 4x4 and in AMAZING shape, except some dumb ass ran it with no oil and lost a rod. I got it at the Ritchie Bros. auction for $12,000, put in a JD crate long block and it been off to the races. They go for around $25k to $35k with 5k+ hours, AND >$80K NEW...

At 15,000 lbs this big boy is just what we needed around the ranch...

20161219 111349
20160811 142552

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not to hyjack...but,

It's just a 1.25 yd, 4 in 1 bucket. JD 210LE's uses a single cylinder to dump. Probably just the angle of the photo makes it look different. It's a 2004 4x4 and in AMAZING shape, except some dumb ass ran it with no oil and lost a rod. I got it at the Ritchie Bros. auction for $12,000, put in a JD crate long block and it been off to the races. They go for around $25k to $35k with 5k+ hours, AND >$80K NEW...

At 15,000 lbs this big boy is just what we needed around the ranch...

View attachment 46718 View attachment 46719
Must have been the angle, the clam bucket is what we'll be looking for as well

S

Swheels

Dec 4, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im also looking into the Boss or Western Vplow for next winter. Anydealers that will install in Northern Utah?

Reactions: dale5740
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Im also looking into the Boss or Western Vplow for next winter. Anydealers that will install in Northern Utah?
easy to install yourself!! took me and a friend 2 hours start to finish!!

Mike129

Mike129

May 9, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it is heavy but not nearly to heavy at all but I did get the Polaris rubber spring buffers for like $25 and u can just pop them right in there with no tools at all and that made it perfect! Also i recommend those to leave in anyways!!
Can you post a link on where you bought the spring buffers? I don't think I'm going to get my new plow this year. Trying to get things bought to get the dual battery set up now. I've still got your # for tips when it comes time. I'm going to go with the fisher. That is what my local dealer stocks now. If you look... They don't offer the v-plow for the Pioneer now since they have come out with a hydraulic straight blade that is about 100lbs lighter. If those spring buffers work as well as you say... I'm still going with the V- plow next year. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

G

Griffin

Nov 1, 2016
hornell, new york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi, I just bought and installed a western v plow on my pioneer 1000 and I would like to find out what spacers u guys used on the front end to stiffen it up. Also whenever I am moving while pushing snow and try to lift or move the blade while moving the machine acts like it goes to neutral and the oil light comes on. As soon as I stop trying to move the blade it goes back to normal. I added a second battery but didn't fix the problem. Any ideals out there. Thanks for your help

J

Just_Me

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2017
Angel Fire, NM
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I saw that UTV plow at the dealer for $3,800 when I bought the full size MVP3 for my truck.

After I got the Western MVP3 mounted on my F250 crew cab, its now the length of a locomotive. I now want to put a small straight plow on my 700 for quick cleanups and the harder to maneuver areas of my driveway.

$3,800 for a small plow like that is just too much for me, I dont want to spend more than $1,000 for a light duty plow

R

Ringer1983

Jan 19, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yes fully hydraulic and is actually the exact plow that would be sold by western to put on a small truck or suv with a mount made for the pioneer[/QUOTE
easy to install yourself!! took me and a friend 2 hours start to finish!!
Hi I’m wondering if you know if your winch has to be removed in order to install a western impact on this machine?

M

Mickey7

Jun 10, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the BOSS V plow for mine, and love it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I just got a Boss V. Did you beef up your springs/shocks? I’m hoping to just use spring spacers/blocks but I can’t find any for my 1K.
Thanks, Mickey in WV

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!