P1000 western impact snow plow

J

jeffasweet

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2020
Chimacum, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@dale5740 - How are you liking the Western plow? I just got a used 2018 1000-5 and am deciding which plow to get. I found a used Western that I may be able to get a deal on. Did you end up doing more to the front-end outside of the spacers? The one I found was on a Can Am, so I'll likely have to get a different mount. When you take the plow off, is your clearance still affected by the mount? Thanks for answering all of my questions.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
@dale5740 - How are you liking the Western plow? I just got a used 2018 1000-5 and am deciding which plow to get. I found a used Western that I may be able to get a deal on. Did you end up doing more to the front-end outside of the spacers? The one I found was on a Can Am, so I'll likely have to get a different mount. When you take the plow off, is your clearance still affected by the mount? Thanks for answering all of my questions.
I ended up having to get metal struts made for the front so i take ths shocks off and put solid struts in place works great! Negative is that i have to put them on. only takes about 10 min but still a pain in the ass. what did you end up doing?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!