Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I have an MTX overhead BT/radio pod, made for a Polaris Ace. Fits on ROPS. An example.
08966049 7D23 4F94 B576 A374DDE5F8740C215BAC 5D83 4C11 9A68 DAE841C0CAFB

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
How much modifying to attach unit to rops?
None.

GAug440

GAug440

Apr 18, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. 500
After a lot of research, i still couldn’t decide what to do for sound. Decided I’d try two Bluetooth Speakers (Aomais brand) off of Amazon, $52 for two, and $20 for the roll bar straps. I’m very happy with how they work and sound. The speakers link together for stereo sound, are waterproof, and run time is good. Plus you can take them off easily and use them elsewhere. I brought it out ice fishing last weekend, and every one immediately went on line and ordered the same set up. Obviously the sound is not the same as an installed high power amp, sub system... but works great for what I need. Especially for the price.

8269D279 DA3A 4377 BC62 5D5467DBB829

J

johnnyrockets

Feb 8, 2021
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
After a lot of research, i still couldn’t decide what to do for sound. Decided I’d try two Bluetooth Speakers (Aomais brand) off of Amazon, $52 for two, and $20 for the roll bar straps. I’m very happy with how they work and sound. The speakers link together for stereo sound, are waterproof, and run time is good. Plus you can take them off easily and use them elsewhere. I brought it out ice fishing last weekend, and every one immediately went on line and ordered the same set up. Obviously the sound is not the same as an installed high power amp, sub system... but works great for what I need. Especially for the price.

View attachment 257748

Awesome. This seems like a great setup. No wiring, easily moved, can be used in camp or something. Even a totally reasonable price for two. Thanks for sharing, I just grabbed a couple myself.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Im Rockin very LOUD VH!

• Love
Reactions: trigger
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
In my old P5 i had a boss utv Rebel that had some cool LED’s in it. It was loud (mounted on the tool box. It did the job for a budget.

33C7114B D5A8 4A1A 912D 7605630364DC 53B9AE6B D620 4ACD 983B E71E06CF370E

Reactions: Mudwing
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Bose noise cancelling ear buds. hearing already bad enough without cranking music overtop of the engine noise. Noise cancelling feature actually reduces the engine/drivetrain noise and allows you to operate at a lower overall decibal. Additionally one of my pet peeves is people cranking music in crowds, goes for being on boat, sxs, or ski slope. I don't make you listen to my music so don't make me listen to yours. Getting old and grumpy I guess.

When with friends hanging out we just use a Turtle Box bluetooth speaker.

D

DMack762

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon R
I ordered the EcoXGear Sound Bar and it arrives tomorrow. So, I will have it installed for this weekend. Up until this, I have had my JBL "boom box" zip tied to my rear roll bar. Hopefully, this EcoXGear soundbar sounds as good as folks say it does. I will let ya know!

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
MIne came with a Swamp Donkey stereo when I purchased it used. Hit my head on it often so I sold it and bought the MTX Polaris Ace system thanks to recommendations on here. Sold the Swamp Donkey for more than the MTX so made out there as well.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My system right now...
SSV overhead, has two 6 1/2", puts out 50x4 rms, has big buttons, dome light, radio and has worked flawlessly. Wouldn't go that way doing it over again but I paid a lot for it and switched out the speakers to Infinity's. It also drives a set of pods on the underside of the roof, 5 1/4" Polk's. An Alpine amp powers the front component speakers, pair of Infinity 6 1/2" in pods and tweeters on the dash, crossovers mounted under the hood. Two Rockford Fosgate 10's for thump. Can't tell it has anything from the outside.

Infinitys and Pod
Storage Net No See
Stereo 2
Painted Seats 1

Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve been doing a bunch of research on options for getting tunes in my new 520. I’m wondering what you guys have come up with.

Sound bars have some appeal since they’re all inclusive but they take away most of the real estate available on the roll bar for other accessories and are expensive for the better ones.

There’s some interesting stuff out there with headless or minimal remotes using Bluetooth. The marine audio stuff seems like a good place to look. I’m liking the idea of a small amp with a little mounted remote. There are units that come with both but then you have to get creative with the speaker install.

There’s also those speaker pod setups or “wake tower” setups. Seems like they would be in the way in these small cabs though.

Then there are the under the roof systems with the speakers and head unit in an enclosure, but I’m not sure how they get mounted.

Lots of options out there, but everything has pros and cons. What did you guys settle on? How’d it turn out?
I intend on using my JBL Charge 4. I bought it specifically for the UTV. Worked great with my mule sx and I expect for it to work just as well for this.

i mounted a “DeeZee” molle panel made for Jeeps in my cab and then i have one of those golf cart speaker holders to hold it. The JBL pumps out great sound.

A97AA850 072C 426A B63B 13AAB4386F20

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
My system right now...
SSV overhead, has two 6 1/2", puts out 50x4 rms, has big buttons, dome light, radio and has worked flawlessly. Wouldn't go that way doing it over again but I paid a lot for it and switched out the speakers to Infinity's. It also drives a set of pods on the underside of the roof, 5 1/4" Polk's. An Alpine amp powers the front component speakers, pair of Infinity 6 1/2" in pods and tweeters on the dash, crossovers mounted under the hood. Two Rockford Fosgate 10's for thump. Can't tell it has anything from the outside.

View attachment 258602View attachment 258603View attachment 258604View attachment 258611

sheesh, looks like there's so much sound, it'd shake itself apart, if it wasn't for the nerf bars holding it together!

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I made this...it absolutely jams and connects with one power plug. Not super spendy and can store my paper towels and chips and keep em dry.
IMG 20170622 114012964

It uses one of these three channel bluetooth amps (for the three drivers) ($40 or so)
3chan

To use the three channel amp you really need closer to 18 volts, so toss in a boost/buck converter for a bit more oomf. ($7)

If you dont want to mess with the three speakers (Say you never listen to thumpin music and love banjos) you can build it with common car speakers and one of these $15 2 chan bluetooth amps)
IMG 20170211 103545299

My first speaker when between the riders, but gave ear splitting headaches with the small 2 chan amp.. It looked like this.
IMG 20170210 115742439

J

johnnyrockets

Feb 8, 2021
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 500
Awesome. This seems like a great setup. No wiring, easily moved, can be used in camp or something. Even a totally reasonable price for two. Thanks for sharing, I just grabbed a couple myself.

View attachment 257748
Wanted to follow up on this one for anyone curious how they turned out.

I took them out for our first ride in the machine and they were problematic. They wouldn’t stay paired together and the sound is almost all tweeter with a tiny bit of middle range. While driving I didn’t have to max it out on volume but it was close. I did like the bushwhacker straps though.

For an inexpensive solution it was worth experimenting with but I’m back to looking.

I was considering the MTX sound bar since it’s low profile and tucks under the roof but it’s not well reinforced and can split apart. Currently leaning towards the Wet Sounds sound bar with 6 speakers. It’s made of aluminum, low profile and seems to have great sound. Plug and play with a built in amp and Bluetooth receiver. Time to crank up the budget and the level of effort I guess. haha

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wanted to follow up on this one for anyone curious how they turned out.

I took them out for our first ride in the machine and they were problematic. They wouldn’t stay paired together and the sound is almost all tweeter with a tiny bit of middle range. While driving I didn’t have to max it out on volume but it was close. I did like the bushwhacker straps though.

For an inexpensive solution it was worth experimenting with but I’m back to looking.

I was considering the MTX sound bar since it’s low profile and tucks under the roof but it’s not well reinforced and can split apart. Currently leaning towards the Wet Sounds sound bar with 6 speakers. It’s made of aluminum, low profile and seems to have great sound. Plug and play with a built in amp and Bluetooth receiver. Time to crank up the budget and the level of effort I guess. haha

Consider adding the sub to the WetSounds, it'll sound a lot better.

Reactions: colin215213

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!