Dalton1995

Dalton1995

Sep 26, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 9977
IMG 9976
Well guys I need some help. Long story short is I found a ditch hidden by snow. Ever sense my steering wheel is off slightly. My driver side wheel appears to be towed in slightly. The bike steel drives straight and doesn't pull but my steering wheel is slightly off center. I've never heard of bending a ball joint but that's what I'm thanking. I can take more pics if needed but with my lighting a good pic was hard to get.

J

Jshell3

You may not have bent anything. For starters, you can pop the center cap off the steering wheel and pull the steering wheel nut and re align the steering wheel splines so it lines up and tracks straight again.

I would also say many Honda ATV's have a wide towed stance in the front. At least a look of being towed out. The larger the tires, the more the it seems to appear.
IMG 3572

Last edited by a moderator:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Measure each side axle center to axle center front to rear, if only side is shorter than the other you may have tweaked your A-arms on that side. Also inspect your tie rod for being bent. Either one of those can happen from what you described.

Reactions: sharp
Dalton1995

Dalton1995

Sep 26, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I know how to realign the steering wheel. Just wanted some advice first. If the weather would clear up i could check it out more. I might try the measurements also.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Let it go , let it go .......I think there is song like that ,,,,let it go ....

J

Jshell3

How do you like that Superwinch? @Dalton1995 ... I've got my eye on a terra 35.

Reactions: JTW
D

Deleted member 3748

View attachment 31135 View attachment 31136 Well guys I need some help. Long story short is I found a ditch hidden by snow. Ever sense my steering wheel is off slightly. My driver side wheel appears to be towed in slightly. The bike steel drives straight and doesn't pull but my steering wheel is slightly off center. I've never heard of bending a ball joint but that's what I'm thanking. I can take more pics if needed but with my lighting a good pic was hard to get.
You didn't give us a straight on photo, and I read the previous posts, but I also think something is bent.

Dalton1995

Dalton1995

Sep 26, 2016
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
If the sun ever comes back out I'll get some better pics. The measurement of both sides are pretty much the same. My winch is a KFI 4500lb wide and I've never had to use it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!