P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I removed the battery cover and the horn and turn signals that never worked started working again!

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
@Bad_bowtie @trigger Can the PS be run off of the accessorie harness ?

White wire goes to the harness or other keyed on power source, Red goes to the battery positive and black to the frame for a ground. Then just plug into the control box.

Last edited:
Reactions: rocmar and Chooglin
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Fyi. The ez steer unit motor I have listed a 220 watt max, so ran the motor lead off the winch supply line (6ga) previously added, and the ignition-on lead was connected to harness. Would not surprise me if they are all made by the same same place with different decales,...but as long as it works, no problem. Enjoy that one handed steering!

74F0B1EB 53A5 4CFB A8EE BC41B229F0CB 4C846DA2 06A2 4F11 931E 4BFCE217AC09

Last edited:
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Sorry Choog, just saw this. I ran mine back to the power block, used up the accessory harness pretty quick. Why, you getting PS?

My accessory harness was also full, but I still used it. I used the plug that goes to the relay on my turn signals. I figured I don't use them much and they dont draw much power so it should be ok.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Not anytime soon but probably will eventually. I want to see how the 500 steering is after the locker install , then I will make a decidecision on PS !

My thought on the rear shocks, not anytime soon but probably will eventually. Like wheels and tires, you'd never go back to the stockers now. Most anything that makes it perform better is going to be high dollar, but worth it if you can...like the locker! :eek:

I

iceboundzeke

Mar 15, 2016
Iowa
Which lake were u fishing on Okoboji or big spirt ? Know
The area well . I run synthetic in all my machines haven’t
Had any issues , knock on wood!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Little Emerson,Miller bay, big ice heaves so travel was limited.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Could say I got it for a number of reasons but mainly for hauling the pioneer in inclement weather, long distances and doing overnight stays.
7' x 12' plus the V nose, single axle w/7' interior height. One piece aluminum roof, stainless hardware and solid tube framing. Wasn't cheap and will have to sell some stuff to offset the cost but the way this trailer's built it will probably out live me.
Trailer 2 Trailer 1

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Could say I got it for a number of reasons but mainly for hauling the pioneer in inclement weather, long distances and doing overnight stays.
7' x 12' plus the V nose, single axle w/7' interior height. One piece aluminum roof, stainless hardware and solid tube framing. Wasn't cheap and will have to sell some stuff to offset the cost but the way this trailer's built it will probably out live me.
View attachment 63136 View attachment 63137
Also...
been lookin...at same
trlr...the one we looked
at was...7'×15'...
White...outside lighting
& small tool box..on hitch

Reactions: trigger
Garbageman

Garbageman

Dec 6, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger, now you have to start accessorizing the trailer. Heater, bunk, lights, generator, tie downs, etc. Very nice, I thoght long and hard before i bought my open trailer.

C

Chooglin

View attachment 63136 View attachment 63137
What plans do you have for the inside of the trailer ?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Could anyone with a 7 and 8.5 wide trailer post a pic with the P500 (and a person beside it) inside. Debating on width of trailer to get. Pic worth a thousand words, need to make sure I can get out if my waistline grows. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCMINIS and 100Acre
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Could anyone with a 7 and 8.5 wide trailer post a pic with the P500 inside. Debating on width of trailer to get. Thanks.
Your machine. ..stock is 50"
7'...= 84"...gives a little over a foot
..on each side..loaded..
IMO...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
What plans do you have for the inside of the trailer ?

Don't plan to get too crazy with the creature comforts, just wanted a small rolling garage really. I have a bunch of glue, 18" x 18" commercial vinyl tile and black rubber base, saved from stores I've built, that I've kept around for a while. It's practically indestructible, easy to clean and will wear forever. Plan to prime, then paint the walls and ramp with some really good exterior paint. It has an insulated ceiling liner already in it. Figure I'll install a couple rubber protectors up the ramp to get some traction on. Hope to have it done by the takeover but weather will need to cooperate, can't just back it into the heated garage and it's too cold out for applying finishes.

R

Rustell

Could anyone with a 7 and 8.5 wide trailer post a pic with the P500 (and a person beside it) inside. Debating on width of trailer to get. Pic worth a thousand words, need to make sure I can get out if my waistline grows. Thanks.

My toyhauler is 7' wide and I'm able to squirm out ok.. I usually load with the door held open with a bungee cord.
Ztrailer1

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My toyhauler is 7' wide and I'm able to squirm out ok.. I usually load with the door held open with a bungee cord.View attachment 63212

Haven't even pulled into mine yet, want to do the floor before I start tracking dirt into it. The math says there will be plenty of room for the P5 and looking at your pic, that'll work for me.

Reactions: rocmar
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Haven't even pulled into mine yet, want to do the floor before I start tracking dirt into it. The math says there will be plenty of room for the P5 and looking at your pic, that'll work for me.
That would drive me nuts ,buying a new trailer and not being able to test it out!!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!