P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Kracker

Kracker

Nov 13, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
A whole 72 miles and I went ahead changed oil and front and rear diff for first service... thing is pretty easy to service... pulled the passenger panels loose yesterday to run winch cables so that practice was done... oils looked good didn’t notice any shavings stuck to drain plugs like some other bikes I had... and it seems to run lil better with the 10-40 Honda oil in it,

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Misterrobert

Misterrobert

Sep 6, 2018
Melrose, NY
Ownership

1. 500
i got stuck. nosed over a hill slowly and didnt see a way out so i backed up. i was in 4wd and it spun away, i high centered it. had to use my knife to break up about four feet of dirt and fill in the tracks at the same time. gunned it backwards and luckily got out of it. will bring some digging tools next time.

IMG 20180929 130510

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
i got stuck. nosed over a hill slowly and didnt see a way out so i backed up. i was in 4wd and it spun away, i high centered it. had to use my knife to break up about four feet of dirt and fill in the tracks at the same time. gunned it backwards and luckily got out of it. will bring some digging tools next time.

View attachment 88712
U r very resourceful and was able to get out on u'r own, that is grate. I always carry with me a shovel, hatchet and machete, just in case I get my self into a similar situation. :);)

Reactions: Misterrobert
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Rode Drummond Island MI. this weekend, you have to take the ferry across to get there. Not as much mud as RRB but more rocks and water if you can believe it. These trails cater to Jeeps, deep ruts and lots of deep water crossings full of big rocks, not exactly a P5 paradise. I had water pouring over the hood and through the dash.
Learned a couple of lessons, one is that a full windshield without a wiper is stupid and sucks ass. I had a squirt bottle and squeegee and all that and it still sucks! That'll be on the order list.
Next is that the 2.0's kicked ass again, grabbed onto everything I rolled over and through, had zero issues and impressed me again, great all around tires.
Next, this locker is a frickin beast! I could feel the front end pulling me through as opposed to the rear always pushing harder, this thing chewed up everything I aimed it at. Glad I did it.
Last is when you're riding Jeep trails with deep water crossings full of rocks it's even more important to be able to see clearly. Iron Sides took his hardest hit so far, I was bottoming out pretty consistently and thank God I had thicker skids on. Was going through one deep water hole and hit a big rock so hard that it knocked my glasses off, box door flew open and both Yetis flew out of the cup holders. We hit it head on and never knew it was coming. Plow mount and lower part of bumper smashed in pretty good, hope to be able to bump out the bumper but the plow mount might be toast as it's pretty thick.
PS. This place is hell on a suspension and couldn't imagine attempting it without the WE's. The wife said several times during this ride 'I love these shocks'.

Ferry Muddy P5
Crash

Last edited:
C

Chooglin

Rode Drummond Island MI. this weekend, you have to take the ferry across to get there. Not as much mud as RRB but more rocks and water if you can believe it. These trails cater to Jeeps, deep ruts and lots of deep water crossings full of big rocks, not exactly a P5 paradise. I had water pouring over the hood and through the dash.
Learned a couple of lessons, one is that a full windshield without a wiper is stupid and sucks ass. I had a squirt bottle and squeegee and all that and it still sucks! That'll be on the order list.
Next is that the 2.0's kicked ass again, grabbed onto everything I rolled over and through, had zero issues and impressed me again, great all around tires.
Next, this locker is a frickin beast! I could feel the front end pulling me through as opposed to the rear always pushing harder, this thing chewed up everything I aimed it at. Glad I did it.
Last is when you're riding Jeep trails with deep water crossings full of rocks it's even more important to be able to see clearly. Iron Sides took his hardest hit so far, I was bottoming out pretty consistently and thank God I had thicker skids on. Was going through one deep water hole and hit a big rock so hard that it knocked my glasses off, box door flew open and both Yetis flew out of the cup holders. We hit it head on and never knew it was coming. Winch plate and lower part of bumper smashed in pretty good, hope to be able to bump out the bumper but the winch plate might be toast as it's pretty thick.
PS. This place is hell on a suspension and couldn't imagine attempting it without the WE's. The wife said several times during this ride 'I love these shocks'.

View attachment 88818 View attachment 88819
View attachment 88820
Sounds like it was a rough ride. I cringe everytime I bottom out on a rock , I always think to myself "that had to bend something". These are pretty tough machines , I have been pretty lucky so far.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Funny how the Locker and skidplates give piece of mind for the rough stuff. Darn @trigger, WE shocks on my mind now, It Never End$! Was that your same Spider Stick??? LOL

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I can't say enough about these shocks even though others have stated, 'how big a difference can they really make with the limited suspension travel'? I can assure you they make a huge difference! You'll find yourself bracing for a big bump you see coming and then just glide over it like it was nothing.
Another thing I noticed after the ride is that I never once felt tippy and some of those trails were extremely off camber. I'll say it again, these P5 pics you see where they are on their sides are mostly from not being set up properly.
Btw, we came up on one water hole and watched Remington go through it, water going over his hood on a P1 with a 2" lift, it was DEEP. The wife said 'Oh no', then I said 'watch this'. There was a small shelf to one side and I tight roped it, made it look easy and never even touched the water. We were both lol!

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ordered a new plow mount, this one is wasted! $86. Bumped out the lower part of the bumper, not great but good enough. Front part of the U frame was bent back too, banged that back out and got it a little straighter too. Had I not had that plow bracket on, I think the damage would have been much worse.
These are all before pics.

Damage 1 Damage 3 Damage 2

C

Chooglin

Ordered a new plow mount, this one is wasted! $86. Bumped out the lower part of the bumper, not great but good enough. Front part of the U frame was bent back too, banged that back out and got it a little straighter too. Had I not had that plow bracket on, I think the damage would have been much worse.
These are all before pics.

View attachment 88919 View attachment 88920 View attachment 88921
Ouch those are some serious battle scars !

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
P500, takes a licking and keeps on ticking, @trigger tested.

Lol, and I'm not even that guy!
Old Iron Sides is my bud. He's the coolest dude to hang out with but he wants all kinds of sh** and never has any money! Never leaves me hanging though. :cool:

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good 4 hr ride along with two Honda ranchers. A big mud hole put one front wheel of all machines in the air with that free wheel spining on atvs, needing a pull out. P500 with locker easily pulled thru. Car antenna Spider web catchers working so well, had to get more for wife’s atv.

262D6179 7331 4F52 BEE4 E488393DABF2

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Where you riding at?
Doesn’t look like Pootucky.
Looks almost like creosote bushes.
That's Chernobyl Kentucky. Can't stay off pavement for more than 30 mins. Radiation. News never reported it..

You are correct. No more pootucky...thank God. Back where I belong. More soon...

Reactions: Dp5hunter
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
You are correct. No more pootucky...thank God. Back where I belong. More soon...

Funny thing, I made the Utah trip a week and a half ago.
I went, I saw. It was beautiful.
Then I came home, no problem.

At work this week I saw a promotional video that was shot in the south western desert.
Now I'm thinking I should quit and move back home.
Get some good riding in.
Can't even remember what it was they where trying to show me.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!