P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Put the new lights on. Had to make a bracket for the front one to bolt up. The one on the roof was involved, when I took the old one off it kind of left the green graphic boogered up. Didn't like it so had to strip off the old and cut new ones, which meant disconnecting both speakers I just mounted. Oh well, they're on and I just need to wire them up.
These Rough Country's are pretty cool, they are the black series so the bezels inside aren't chrome. Makes them look better during the day if you don't have the covers on.

View attachment 109067 View attachment 109068
Looks good! :cool: Can you run the stereo and lights at the same timeo_O

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good! :cool: Can you run the stereo and lights at the same timeo_O

Lol, I don't know! I'm sure I could I just never do it, don't know about when it's cranking though? I usually turn everything else off and run the engine for that. I've made it clip with the key off before, so I try not to starve it of power.
I had to test it out today after removing the speakers and putting them back in. The wife usually doesn't hear it turned up that loud, she was standing outside of the machine so I cranked Bangarang by Skrillex. Could only read her lips saying OMG! :eek::cool:

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just thinking Trigger, when you do a job like that , it’s amazing how many tools and other things you take out . And when your done, you look at it all, and think, where the heck did all that come from. Then you have to put it all away again. Haha.
Caper

What's more amazing is how much I have to take apart to add something. I'm usually looking at a pile of sh** that I have to put back on. :rolleyes:

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, I don't know! I'm sure I could I just never do it, don't know about when it's cranking though? I usually turn everything else off and run the engine for that. I've made it clip with the key off before, so I try not to starve it of power.
I had to test it out today after removing the speakers and putting them back in. The wife usually doesn't hear it turned up that loud, she was standing outside of the machine so I cranked Bangarang by Skrillex. Could only read her lips saying OMG! :eek::cool:
That sounds like my wife. Turn it down. Haha. No sense of haha.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
What's more amazing is how much I have to take apart to add something. I'm usually looking at a pile of sh** that I have to put back on. :rolleyes:
I always end up loosing one or two of those pins. I bought a bag, just to have. Haha. Then when your all done, hope you haven’t missed something. Lol
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Gotta ask. Did you use the Honda accessory plug, for the winch, light, horn and backup light. I used the winch and light wires but wondering if I can use one of the others for stereo power or for power for power steering. Thanks Trigger.
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Gotta ask. Did you use the Honda accessory plug, for the winch, light, horn and backup light. I used the winch and light wires but wondering if I can use one of the others for stereo power or for power for power steering. Thanks Trigger.
Caper
Plus Osk island is almost on. Haha
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I know the stock battery on my P5 struggled with the underbody glow, 3 small led lights on front, stock head lights, radio, and some using of the winch the other day while plowing. Just wanted to see what the stock system could take. I have 4 cubes to still wire in as well as the whips. Still waiting on warmer weather. Lol

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sooo cool. Does it float. Tires like that it should. Air conditioner would be nice. Haha. Thanks soirus.
Caper
It's same concept as Sherp but instead fully automatic transmission and no chains on drive unit.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Caper

I only use that accessory harness for power to switches and I think indirect led glow lighting. There's no way I could run the stereo through that, it would smoke the fuse in short order. I believe that's only a 15 amp circuit?

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Anybody watching Daytona ?
Caper
I listened to it on satellite radio because I was on the road, the last 50 laps was crazy, twice I thought Jimmy was out, but he finished in the top ten!!! I’ll take that start for the season. :cool:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!