P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I do live in the valley and have done part of the Rum runner trail running along the 103 last summer. It is great because you have great views of the south shore.
I was on the old DAR rail bed that runs from just outside Kentville and runs to Annapolis Royal. This is 6 hr round trip. We just went as far as Kingston on Sunday. This trail also gives you several points where you can access the South Mountain trails and even end up on the south shore but you would need more than a day for this. As you probably know, we have tons of lakes down here and it is a great way to see some nature and even stop and have a little fishing.
I brought my P500 new last year and put 1200 km on it last summer.
Checked out the back yard during flooding today. High water vs normal pics at same place.

View attachment 109535 View attachment 109537
Checked out the back yard during flooding today. High water vs normal pics at same place.

View attachment 109535 View attachment 109537
Looks beautiful. Especially no snow or ice. You still have some leaves on the trees. Nice trail.
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I do live in the valley and have done part of the Rum runner trail running along the 103 last summer. It is great because you have great views of the south shore.
I was on the old DAR rail bed that runs from just outside Kentville and runs to Annapolis Royal. This is 6 hr round trip. We just went as far as Kingston on Sunday. This trail also gives you several points where you can access the South Mountain trails and even end up on the south shore but you would need more than a day for this. As you probably know, we have tons of lakes down here and it is a great way to see some nature and even stop and have a little fishing.
I brought my P500 new last year and put 1200 km on it last summer.
I know a few Bishops in Halifax. Willie, Bozo. Any relationship.
Caper

Reactions: BWAF
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So...i washed it last sunday for the 1st time in 6 months (dez life). Thursday's forecast: Rain...heavy at times. Freeze warnings all week. What the hell did they do to AZ while is was gone?
Some parts of the high country may get as much as 2' of snow.

Gonna be sloppy this weekend again...

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
So...i washed it last sunday for the 1st time in 6 months (dez life). Thursday's forecast: Rain...heavy at times. Freeze warnings all week. What the hell did they do to AZ while is was gone?
Some parts of the high country may get as much as 2' of snow.

Gonna be sloppy this weekend again...
The desert will be blooming. That’s so cool. I’m in Canada so snow is common, but AZ. I guess there must be a bit of the Rockies, like NM. Thanks Monte. I did see your getting rain but I didn’t think that much. So does that help with ground water, or does it just create floods. Curious. Thanks
Caper

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed light , roof, restored virginity - oil change, apparently previous owner did not change oil at all, we bought it at 229 miles/46 hours. Also rear bumper,and 12*10*26 tires on original wheels with 1.5" spacer on rear from super ATV. Also battery indicator and charging port from noco.

Question to everyone, I can not shift from 2 to 3rd gear while parked. We had not had chance to drive on the road faster due to colder weather and no windshield. It makes me worry a lot. This sis 2017 model with at/mt. A1f9b935660c91e6324a7c95b93061c700ba07faca739c80d80c14014edcbe3d

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Installed light , roof, restored virginity - oil change, apparently previous owner did not change oil at all, we bought it at 229 miles/46 hours. Also rear bumper,and 12*10*26 tires on original wheels with 1.5" spacer on rear from super ATV. Also battery indicator and charging port from noco.

Question to everyone, I can not shift from 2 to 3rd gear while parked. We had not had chance to drive on the road faster due to colder weather and no windshield. It makes me worry a lot. This sis 2017 model with at/mt.View attachment 109826View attachment 109827

I would recommend the clutch adjustment, but we are basically talking about a new machine here! Confirming it shifts as it should in automatic may set your mind at ease. Congratulations by the way! How much did you pay for the P5o_O

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Question to everyone, I can not shift from 2 to 3rd gear while parked. We had not had chance to drive on the road faster due to colder weather and no windshield. It makes me worry a lot. This sis 2017 model with at/mt.View attachment 109826View attachment 109827

Congratulations. It’s probably an adjustment. Mine is a 15’ bought in 14’ . Mine is only manually shift. But sitting it should go up and down in the gears. I’m sure you’ll get answers on here. But if you don’t, call Honda service and ask. They are built tough, you are going to love it. The bike looks great. Keep us informed.
Caper

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would recommend the clutch adjustment, but we are basically talking about a new machine here! Confirming it shifts as it should in automatic may set your mind at ease. Congratulations by the way! Why did you payo_O;)
That's my next step, the ex owner used to plow in auto mode.

What was your question? Why did you pay ......??? Did not get the last part

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congratulations. It’s probably an adjustment. Mine is a 15’ bought in 14’ . Mine is only manually shift. But sitting it should go up and down in the gears. I’m sure you’ll get answers on here. But if you don’t, call Honda service and ask. They are built tough, you are going to love it. The bike looks great. Keep us informed.
Caper
Since it was so low miles , it puzzled me why it does not shift, I hope it's not a lemon . I have 2015 model and no mechanical problems

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That's my next step, the ex owner used to plow in auto mode.

What was your question? Why did you pay ......??? Did not get the last part

Sorry! My question...How much did you pay for the P5?

Reactions: Caper
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@solrus , For 2017+ with AT/MT, If you are parked/stopped it will not shift above 2nd. Computer automatically downshifts to 2nd upon stop (not 1st) which is a good gear to start off unless towing something heavy. Can not shift into a higher gear until appropriate speed is reached. Or at least that is how my 2017 behaves.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
@solrus , For 2017+ with AT/MT, If you are parked/stopped it will not shift above 2nd. Computer automatically downshifts to 2nd upon stop (not 1st) which is a good gear to start off unless towing something heavy. Can not shift into a higher gear until appropriate speed is reached. Or at least that is how my 2017 behaves.
I figured you would have an idea. Your the best Mudder. I’m sure that will ease his mind, greatly. Haha. Have a great day.
Caper

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks. As its been raining and stuck inside, took the time to rewire all machines for easier battery charging. Dash plugs for SxSs and full time hot 12v accessory sockets for plug in on atvs. Been so pleased with my Polaris ACE roof audio pod that a second one is arriving soon to work on a mod to replace old unit in the P500. This will free up space in the Chooglin glove box. At least the old radio salvaged from the totaled motorcycle lasted 2 yrs. will post progress. Not a @trigger level sound set up, but volume is greater than my old man ear limit. LOL
Music Radio deal

7744D21B E179 4A7E B7E0 4A55ADBFFF92 55DB3B72 2917 43AE 8454 BE3E765399F2

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks. As its been raining and stuck inside, took the time to rewire all machines for easier battery charging. Dash plugs for SxSs and full time hot 12v accessory sockets for plug in on atvs. Been so pleased with my Polaris ACE roof audio pod that a second one is arriving soon to work on a mod to replace old unit in the P500. This will free up space in the Chooglin glove box. At least the old radio salvaged from the totaled motorcycle lasted 2 yrs. will post progress.
Music Radio deal

View attachment 109833 View attachment 109834
Good job. I want my box for my phone and camp keys. But that’s a great idea to keep the radio dry. Your rain is my snow Sunday. Thanks. Haha. We’ll both be puttering in the garage. I have to shovel a little before I can start the contactor. Hardest part is cutting the wires and putting new ends on. I have a tool for that. Have a great day
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Question to everyone, I can not shift from 2 to 3rd gear while parked. We had not had chance to drive on the road faster due to colder weather and no windshield. It makes me worry a lot.
Mines a 15’ manual and I’ve never experienced that. Hopefully it’s not serious.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!