P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh, I bought a glove box. Thanks Chooglin. Should be here by May. Haha. Couple weeks. I have to move my contactor. Start a fire and get at it.
Caper
Easy install Cap, just be sure to bring your P5 into your heated shop overnight before you start cutting on that dash plastic, you don’t want that to be cold.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@solrus , For 2017+ with AT/MT, If you are parked/stopped it will not shift above 2nd. Computer automatically downshifts to 2nd upon stop (not 1st) which is a good gear to start off unless towing something heavy. Can not shift into a higher gear until appropriate speed is reached. Or at least that is how my 2017 behaves.

Good sh** Mudder! I would have had no idea as mine's an older one. You just saved him from a bunch of trouble shooting. Members like you are the reason this is the best forum on the web! :)

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
What about YOU Cap, none of us would know what the weathers like on the eastern Canadian front without you.....:cool:
Haha, yeah, cold and snowy or raining. I do have the contactor half done. Lunch time here. And it’s always great talking to you Monte. Thanks
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@solrus , For 2017+ with AT/MT, If you are parked/stopped it will not shift above 2nd. Computer automatically downshifts to 2nd upon stop (not 1st) which is a good gear to start off unless towing something heavy. Can not shift into a higher gear until appropriate speed is reached. Or at least that is how my 2017 behaves.
Thank you! You gave me good news this morning

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Haha, yeah, cold and snowy or raining. I do have the contactor half done. Lunch time here. And it’s always great talking to you Monte. Thanks
Caper
Good progress. Enjoy your lunch. I’m on a road trip to Colorado via the back roads, lots of snow in the northern New Mexico Rockies but the roads are clear. Always nice visiting with you as well Cap! :)

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thank you! You gave me good news this morning

Indeed, nice peace of mind for you. Glad there’s no issue. So did you sell your original P5. I thought you had a 15’ model?

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Used Rambo to get to the office this morning. Did fine with stock tires through 14” of snow - in 4wd of course.

F00E9E12 3932 4DAF 8D7A 8722664B9E4E

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Indeed, nice peace of mind for you. Glad there’s no issue. So did you sell your original P5. I thought you had a 15’ model?
No way I will sell my 15 p500 baby. This one I bought for a good friend of mine who recently moved out of town and lives country life ,snow drifts, dirt roads and etc. :)

He just mechanically and electrically challenged. So I work on his sxs litterrally for food.

He is Asian and supplies me with sea weed, funny looking cookies and sushi and Korean food every time I come to his place. My wife is jealous now. I feel tension every time I go to his shop :). I just like to upgrade his sxs and try things I wish I would do with mine sxs.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!