P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
First attempt at making a jig to bend some left over 1/8 thick Lexan lying around till i get a full windshield..I know the 3/16 and 1/4 is the norm but it was all i had..Used a heat gun but i kind of F-up but will do it purpose from the cold wind .Ya still have lots of snow up here..lol taken from an crap phone..
Before ....
and After.....
Edit : Never heat with the plastic film on it took like for ever to come off on the bends..

20190311 202711 20190316 155035

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
First attempt at making a jig to bend some left over 1/8 thick Lexan lying around till i get a full windshield..I know the 3/16 and 1/4 is the norm but it was all i had..Used a heat gun but i kind of F-up but will do it purpose from the cold wind .Ya still have lots of snow up here..lol taken from an crap phone..
Before ....
and After.....

View attachment 115315 View attachment 115316
Looks good. I worked a lot with Lexan at the Shipyards. Lexan, you can bend it in half, hit it with a hammer, all good. But use a dull drill bit, craaaakkk. I made a Lexan one first, it was great. The only thing, they scratch with fine dust. It doesn’t look bad until you drive with the sun in your face. Mine was good for probably two years before it got bad. I still have it. Just in case. :)
Caper

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
So you don't have #9? That's the connection to #4 that was leaking passed the clamp.
No, the rubber hose goes directly to the engine. Topped up the coolant tank, only took 3.5 ounces to hit the max line. Didn't drive it much because I was working with some of my sporting clays students most of the day.

Funny thing, just got my truck back from the body shop due to a fender bender last month. They had left a tool on top of the engine jammed in a corner. Couldn't figure out what it was until I looked down and saw a bunch of new push pin rivets like we have a million of on the P5. Removal pliers and they work great! Much better than the BBQ fork thing I've got.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
No, the rubber hose goes directly to the engine. Topped up the coolant tank, only took 3.5 ounces to hit the max line. Didn't drive it much because I was working with some of my sporting clays students most of the day.

Funny thing, just got my truck back from the body shop due to a fender bender last month. They had left a tool on top of the engine jammed in a corner. Couldn't figure out what it was until I looked down and saw a bunch of new push pin rivets like we have a million of on the P5. Removal pliers and they work great! Much better than the BBQ fork thing I've got.
Haha. Oh well. :)
Caper

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well finally got the time to put my axles on today and cleaned the old girl up and loaded them on the trailer for a ride tomorrow at Glen St. Marys Shoals. Fixin to go get fuel in the truck now so I wont have to mess with that in the morning. Yall be safe out there this Saint Pattys day!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!