BOX1

P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Those extra curves add so much BA factor as-is. After using the upper curved bar on the Strongmade version as a handhold in slippery mud during winching, a bolt-on bar accessory option would be an great sales item. Nice design and ingenuity.

273C67AD CCA3 46C5 8310 6DE93B15C6FA 91B098F9 7414 4E9E 965A 75F8F0111A27

Last edited:
G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Been a project for a few weeks..... I wanted a bumper a little different from the ones already out there. I thought the lines of the Pioneer looked pretty mean on the front and wanted a bumper to keep that look. Sent my cardboard model to a buddy, with all the cool metal working toys, and he came back with this! I used 11 gauge for the mount and 14 gauge for the bumper to be stout enough for the winch. Used Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating for the finish. Turned out Bada$$!

View attachment 115651 View attachment 115653 View attachment 115654
Nice job!!! Can you still free spool your winch easily.

C

Chooglin

Gotta love it when you come home to this kind of stuff waiting on the porch.

View attachment 116408

With these on all four and the locker, going to throw mud but it's also going to shred some sh**! :cool:
I am curious to hear your thoughts on how it feels with those tires up front. I could be totally wrong , but I would think the steering is going to feel floaty or mushy. Let us know how you like them!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I am curious to hear your thoughts on how it feels with those tires up front. I could be totally wrong , but I would think the steering is going to feel floaty or mushy. Let us know how you like them!

I'm expecting a heavy feel to the front end, hope it's not too bad.

C

Chooglin

Been a project for a few weeks..... I wanted a bumper a little different from the ones already out there. I thought the lines of the Pioneer looked pretty mean on the front and wanted a bumper to keep that look. Sent my cardboard model to a buddy, with all the cool metal working toys, and he came back with this! I used 11 gauge for the mount and 14 gauge for the bumper to be stout enough for the winch. Used Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating for the finish. Turned out Bada$$!

View attachment 115651 View attachment 115653 View attachment 115654
Very nice looking bumper

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

You've had me pondering this more since you said that. I'm thinking if I up the psi that it will help a lot. I really don't need as much squish in the tires now with the WE.

C

Chooglin

You've had me pondering this more since you said that. I'm thinking if I up the psi that it will help a lot. I really don't need as much squish in the tires now with the WE.
It may be just fine and higher psi will definitely help. It just seems to me that with all that contact surface , it is going to make the tire sidewalls give more and cause a "sidewall roll". Again , I could be totally off on my thinking !

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
It may be just fine and higher psi will definitely help. It just seems to me that with all that contact surface , it is going to make the tire sidewalls give more and cause a "sidewall roll". Again , I could be totally off on my thinking !
I talked to a guy last year with a RZR , he had BF Goodrich mud TA’s all around, all the same size. Looked over 15’s. He said it worked great. Tire wear was the big thing with him. Looked good too. Fingers crossed for Trigger.
:) My two cents.
Caper

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I talked to a guy last year with a RZR , he had BF Goodrich mud TA’s all around, all the same size. Looked over 15’s. He said it worked great. Tire wear was the big thing with him. Looked good too. Fingers crossed for Trigger.
:) My two cents.
Caper

Thanks Caper. I mounted them up last night and it really doesn't look that outrageous. I set them all at 10 psi to start and we'll see how it handles.
Btw, took the 1" spacers off the rear to put the 1.5's on, they were still tight. Used the red thread locker again on the 1.5's. Getting this thing ready for the Takeover, took the plow off and might take the full shield off this weekend. Need to change the oil yet and then take it out and put it all to the test. With all the additions over the winter, this thing should be a beast in 2nd and 3rd! ;)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!