BOX1

P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Thanks Caper. I mounted them up last night and it really doesn't look that outrageous. I set them all at 10 psi to start and we'll see how it handles.
Btw, took the 1" spacers off the rear to put the 1.5's on, they were still tight. Used the red thread locker again on the 1.5's. Getting this thing ready for the Takeover, took the plow off and might take the full shield off this weekend. Need to change the oil yet and then take it out and put it all to the test. With all the additions over the winter, this thing should be a beast in 2nd and 3rd! ;)

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Reactions: trigger and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Caper. I mounted them up last night and it really doesn't look that outrageous. I set them all at 10 psi to start and we'll see how it handles.
Btw, took the 1" spacers off the rear to put the 1.5's on, they were still tight. Used the red thread locker again on the 1.5's. Getting this thing ready for the Takeover, took the plow off and might take the full shield off this weekend. Need to change the oil yet and then take it out and put it all to the test. With all the additions over the winter, this thing should be a beast in 2nd and 3rd! ;)
Your going back to Takeover, awesome. When is it this year.
Post a picture of what she looks like now. Is there anything you don’t have on her. :)
Oh and I can’t find anybody here to get that skid plate. I guess I’ll have to call and talk to them and make sure they deliver to Canada. Hard to believe. :)
Caper

Reactions: trigger
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Wow, you got your money's worth out of those brake pads! I know mileage varies, but how many miles on those brakes? Were you rear brakes worn out also?
I bought the machine used a little over 400 miles on it. It has about 1,850 right now. I can pretty much guarantee that 98% of that we're probably came from the previous owner and/or the miles are put on it in Kentucky.

I say that because my 700 had just under nine thousand miles on it when I sold it, still on the original pads, and they had half left. All out west. And the 700 has tallish gearing so they get used more. I tend to be very easy on brakes...Don't use them much, LOL.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Your going back to Takeover, awesome. When is it this year.
Post a picture of what she looks like now. Is there anything you don’t have on her. :)
Oh and I can’t find anybody here to get that skid plate. I guess I’ll have to call and talk to them and make sure they deliver to Canada. Hard to believe. :)
Caper

Oh yeah, can't miss that. It's around May 1st this year. I'll post some pics as soon as she's ready, got to get her all prettied up and her party dress on. :cool:

Reactions: Caper and Chooglin
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I bought the machine used a little over 400 miles on it. It has about 1,850 right now. I can pretty much guarantee that 98% of that we're probably came from the previous owner and/or the miles are put on it in Kentucky.

I say that because my 700 had just under nine thousand miles on it when I sold it, still on the original pads, and they had half left. All out west. And the 700 has tallish gearing so they get used more. I tend to be very easy on brakes...Don't use them much, LOL.
I was just saying to my wife that I hardly use my brakes. I gear down, mostly. Down steep hills, L all the way. Probably only two stop signs on the dirt road to the trails. After that, I’ll be lucky to see one person on the trails for weeks.
Trying to get my daughter to drive the same way. :)
Did it hurt the rotors ?
Did you Neverseize. Up here, you take something apart, get out the Neverseize. Makes it a lot easier next time. :)
Caper

Reactions: Gassygordo
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Oh yeah, can't miss that. It's around May 1st this year. I'll post some pics as soon as she's ready, got to get her all prettied up and her party dress on. :cool:
Haha, what’s her dress going to look like after Takeover . I’m sure with everything you’ got on her, she’ll be good. :) It sounds like so much fun. You guys should have one in Maine. But that would have to be in June, so the snow is gone. Haha:)
Hopefully there will be a few videos again this year.
Is Remi going again too.
Is the trailer ready to go ? Haha. I know, too many questions.
:)
Caper

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hoping to have it all ready. I'm sure there will be plenty of pics and videos taken. I know that's one of the things I swore I would do more of this year is to take more pics. Maine would be cool with me. ;)

Reactions: Caper
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Gave it a well deserved bath. Some disassembly required

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Had the stereo going and killed the battery for the first time during install as well:(

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Still want to peak under that hood:cool:

Why do you think I've never shown it, lol! It's not a total mess but no where near as clean as some of the other set ups I've seen on here. I have a ton of electrical and wiring in this machine and I'm constantly getting into it. About the third or fourth time you tear into a perfect install, you're not as concerned about it being so perfect anymore. :rolleyes:

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Why do you think I've never shown it, lol! It's not a total mess but no where near as clean as some of the other set ups I've seen on here. I have a ton of electrical and wiring in this machine and I'm constantly getting into it. About the third or fourth time you tear into a perfect install, you're not as concerned about it being so perfect anymore. :rolleyes:
Been there!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!