P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
That's what I was wondering, if they'll come on in series? Which wouldn't be bad other than the rear facing lights. @Hondasxs new reverse light harness could solve that issue? ;)

Do you know if that reverse light harness almost ready for the public? I was in the store the other day and it wasnt available yet. @Hondasxs was looking for testers for the harness.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you know if that reverse light harness almost ready for the public? I was in the store the other day and it wasnt available yet. @Hondasxs was looking for testers for the harness.
Sounds like someone is working on some accessories! Welcome to the obsession Todd, btw it never ends!

Reactions: Caper and Todd627
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Homdasxs is thinking of something else for the P500 for the issues many of us have had. I would have got it if it was available when I started mods. He’s on a roll, but will leave it up to him to announce.

Reactions: Caper and Todd627
Signal_rig

Signal_rig

Mar 10, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. 500
Changed the oil/filter and the rear diff fluid this morning. Not too bad, but it will be easier next time around. Appreciate all the tips and insights, made it a breeze.

After I changed the fluids I went for a ride with my youngest boy. Beautiful day in TN! I went on some local trails that I have ridden on with my old Honda 300. Wow what difference! I feel like I get the best of both worlds, the maneuverability and the size of a large four wheeler with the comfort of a side-by-side. This thing is a little goat.

We’ve had tons of rain this year, As a result the mud holes are the size of a small swimming pool. I was able to maneuver around the mud holes with ease, I don’t think that would’ve been possible with a 60 inch machine. The stock rig did well, I didn’t want to push my luck without a winch. The maneuverability really impressed me, I was able to cut between two trees that were 55 inches apart to spare myself from going through a deep hole.The little pioneer, never missed a beat. I really appreciate the paddle shifting, very intuitive and natural.

My only negative was I wish I had a little more power. But truthfully that would probably get me in trouble. I think the pioneer has adequate power, especially in the trails.Now I need to do some mods, I think I’ll get a winch first.

2407DDA2 2ABB 475F 9887 045271A8C2DF 13069B60 CD1D 4D23 A8EC 8BFB3A5E1880

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
2203FFED 79F6 4FB5 88C3 748F08900E96
Changed the oil/filter and the rear diff fluid this morning. Not too bad, but it will be easier next time around. Appreciate all the tips and insights, made it a breeze.

After I changed the fluids I went for a ride with my youngest boy. Beautiful day in TN! I went on some local trails that I have ridden on with my old Honda 300. Wow what difference! I feel like I get the best of both worlds, the maneuverability and the size of a large four wheeler with the comfort of a side-by-side. This thing is a little goat.

We’ve had tons of rain this year, As a result the mud holes are the size of a small swimming pool. I was able to maneuver around the mud holes with ease, I don’t think that would’ve been possible with a 60 inch machine. The stock rig did well, I didn’t want to push my luck without a winch. The maneuverability really impressed me, I was able to cut between two trees that were 55 inches apart to spare myself from going through a deep hole.The little pioneer, never missed a beat. I really appreciate the paddle shifting, very intuitive and natural.

My only negative was I wish I had a little more power. But truthfully that would probably get me in trouble. I think the pioneer has adequate power, especially in the trails.Now I need to do some mods, I think I’ll get a winch first.

View attachment 116936 View attachment 116937
She’s pretty. And beautiful pictures.
I put a Warn Vantage 4000 lb. Supposed to draw less than a 2500.
Wasn’t too bad to put in. Get the top mount. The Honda Mount would be under water, mostly . :)
Everybody on here has a favourite. But my brother has a 20 year old Big Bear with one on it and that winch has been there and back.
I have a few trees on my trails that I just make through. I have Blackwaters with no spacers. But most guys seem to. I love them. Giant difference over stock.
It never stops. Putting stuff on. Haha
Your boy is going to love it even more when he’s old enough to drive it.
Keep posting pictures. :)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
That's exactly what I need

2009 Ford Escape

Thank you much

Something you should think about before you install your winch. Are you eventually going to get a Chooglin glovebox. Because you will just have to move the contactor from where the box goes to just in front. The holes are there already. I didn’t and had to move it . :) Wasn’t bad but I wish I did it the first time. :) Just trying to make your life easier. :) I love the glove box. Keys, phone. Whatever.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Like I said it never stops. In TN you probably need Trigger’s heat shield. It keeps the heat down under the seat. Plus a bit of engine noise. It’s great. :)
I’m saving for something new all the time. Next things I want are a full skid plate, a locker and if I need it Power steering. Haha. I have the sp money. Half the locker. :)
Have fun.
Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!