P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
New oil filter and 3.3 qts of fresh Royal Purple went in, new K&N air filter and precharger, took the full shield off, put the halfy on and reinstalled the rear view mirror. Took out the powered Ram mount for the Garmin, still waiting on the tablet mount. Finished zip tying the wiring runs for the new leds and put the skid back on...it's getting there. ;)

KN KN 1

Have a bunch of sh** for sale...
Tailgate supports for GM - DG - $25
4" led pods w/harness - Opt7 brand - $35
22" led bar w/harness - Opt 7 - $50
A set of 1" spacers - Quad Boss - $25
3" motorcycle speakers w/amp - Boss - $30
4" wake speakers - Noam - $50
Garmin Montana 610 gps in camo, powered locking Ram mount w/harness, like 13 states of maps from VV Mapping - like $450 and that's stealing it.
26x9x12 Big Horn 2.0's - two of them have about 900 miles on them, which isn't sh** for these tires, one is brand new as it's the spare. Still haven't decided whether to keep that or get an 11" for a spare? I'm looking at about half price on most of it, just want to get rid of it.

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like the bad weather is on hold for a bit. Started cleaning the mud that's accumulated on the little beast since January. The ranch only has 1 well, drilled in the 70's, so all water is on gravity feed (to keep the stocktank for the longhorns full), so not enough pressure to work a washer. Built a low water use pressure washer. A Harbor Freight engine cleaning gun ($9.00) and a 2 gallon garden sprayer ($15.00). The sprayer feeds the water to the gun, and the gun set at 40 psi off the compressor, does a pretty good job of cleaning. Takes about 15 minutes to go through the 2 gallons in the sprayer.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
How many pins did you loose or break. :). I lost two. :). So now I have a bunch extra. Haha. But doing stuff like that, you have to do it right the first time. :) No sense of doing it twice. I did have to move my Contactor when I put my Chooglin glove box in. :) Not a biggie.
Always good talking with another maritime. :)
Caper
Actually none I did get the seat cover off no problem that Special screw on the passenger floor board is striped,so i had to remove half of the skid plate and get my hands around the main harness to the battery and up the fire wall to the regulator...all done ..
Is the winch suppose to work with key off..

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Actually none I did get the seat cover off no problem that Special screw on the passenger floor board is striped,so i had to remove half of the skid plate and get my hands around the main harness to the battery and up the fire wall to the regulator...all done ..
Is the winch suppose to work with key off..
Shouldn’t. Did you hook into the Honda acc harness. It’s a little plug in that has a power for your winch, bar light, horn and back up light. And nothing works with the key off.
Haha maybe I did it wrong.
I didn’t want anybody screwing with it when the keys off.
Hope that helps.
:)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Shouldn’t. Did you hook into the Honda acc harness. It’s a little plug in that has a power for your winch, bar light, horn and back up light. And nothing works with the key off.
Haha maybe I did it wrong.
I didn’t want anybody screwing with it when the keys off.
Hope that helps.
Caper
The power is for your switch.
Caper

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You guys are talking about wiring up a winch correct? I've heard the instructions tell you to remove your floorboards but that isn't the easy way. Remove the skids for all wiring front to back. Power for the winch should go back to the battery not the accessory harness. The harness just taps into the cig lighter circuit and that's like 15 amps max. Tapping into it just for the switch is okay, then it wouldn't work with the key off.

Reactions: Mudder and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
You guys are talking about wiring up a winch correct? I've heard the instructions tell you to remove your floorboards but that isn't the easy way. Remove the skids for all wiring front to back. Power for the winch should go back to the battery not the accessory harness. The harness just taps into the cig lighter circuit and that's like 15 amps max. Tapping into it just for the switch is okay, then it wouldn't work with the key off.
Yeah that’s all that I have on the harness. The switch.
I was hoping you were around. :)
When I put my CB in , I ran everything from underneath. Too hard on my damn neck. I will still have to do it when I get my new sxs skid. :)
So besides the top and bottom access, he’s good. I think. :) Except if he wants power off when key is off.
Your new gps on your tablet, that’s cool. I’ve got a 78s Garmin, love it, but it is small. Do you have a water proof cover for the tablet.
Did you sell everything.
:). Have a great day Trigger.
Caper

Reactions: trigger
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
And I’m sorry for hi jacking your heat shield. I didn’t know you started selling them. I’ll direct everyone to you.
Thanks again for mine. :)
Caper

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah that’s all that I have on the harness. The switch.
I was hoping you were around. :)
When I put my CB in , I ran everything from underneath. Too hard on my damn neck. I will still have to do it when I get my new sxs skid. :)
So besides the top and bottom access, he’s good. I think. :) Except if he wants power off when key is off.
Your new gps on your tablet, that’s cool. I’ve got a 78s Garmin, love it, but it is small. Do you have a water proof cover for the tablet.
Did you sell everything.
:). Have a great day Trigger.
Caper

The tablet is a Samsung active tab 2, it's waterproof already. I did order a tempered glass screen protector for it and a powered Ram mount so I don't have to worry about charging it. I haven't sold any of that stuff yet. Haven't put it on CL or anything, figured I'd give the guys here first shot. ;)

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
The tablet is a Samsung active tab 2, it's waterproof already. I did order a tempered glass screen protector for it and a powered Ram mount so I don't have to worry about charging it. I haven't sold any of that stuff yet. Haven't put it on CL or anything, figured I'd give the guys here first shot. ;)
The Samsung, so is that satellite or cell. Or is a marine gps. Cool.
Caper

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New oil filter and 3.3 qts of fresh Royal Purple went in, new K&N air filter and precharger, took the full shield off, put the halfy on and reinstalled the rear view mirror. Took out the powered Ram mount for the Garmin, still waiting on the tablet mount. Finished zip tying the wiring runs for the new leds and put the skid back on...it's getting there. ;)

View attachment 116979 View attachment 116981

Have a bunch of sh** for sale...
Tailgate supports for GM - DG - $25
4" led pods w/harness - Opt7 brand - $35
22" led bar w/harness - Opt 7 - $50
A set of 1" spacers - Quad Boss - $25
3" motorcycle speakers w/amp - Boss - $30
4" wake speakers - Noam - $50
Garmin Montana 610 gps in camo, powered locking Ram mount w/harness, like 13 states of maps from VV Mapping - like $450 and that's stealing it.
26x9x12 Big Horn 2.0's - two of them have about 900 miles on them, which isn't sh** for these tires, one is brand new as it's the spare. Still haven't decided whether to keep that or get an 11" for a spare? I'm looking at about half price on most of it, just want to get rid of it.
Sounds like she’s getting a makeover.;):D

Reactions: Caper and trigger
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Sounds like she’s getting a makeover.;):D
Trigger’s bike has got everything. Like a loaded Cadillac.
Him and my brother would be two good guys to sit down together. My brother is a diesel mechanic that does electrical. His RZR, yeah I know, is loaded with everything he could get in it. :)
Give them a pop, and listen. :)
Caper

Reactions: trigger and Russ989

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!