P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

C

Chooglin

Another thing I've been wanting to do (after the Takeover) is get rid of my two rocker switches and replace them with this.
Misw6526 1
It will allow me to control my cube LED lights , rock lights and leave me with one extra position for any other lights or accessorie I may add later , all on one switch !

After I get everything all sorted out the way I want it , I will buy a new dash and have a nice clean look to it !

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Another thing I've been wanting to do (after the Takeover) is get rid of my two rocker switches and replace them with this.
View attachment 116825
It will allow me to control my cube LED lights , rock lights and leave me with one extra position for any other lights or accessorie I may add later , all on one switch !

After I get everything all sorted out the way I want it , I will buy a new dash and have a nice clean look to it !

That switch will allow you to operate individually and together?

Reactions: Caper
C

Chooglin

Yes , this is the same switch I have in my 2009 Ford Escape. It controls the headlights, parking lights and fog lights. If you pull the switch out , it controls the fog lights on the Escape (this is the 3rd position).

First position controls the parking lights , second position turns on parking lights and headlights and when you pull on the knob , it turns on the fog lights.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was just saying to my wife that I hardly use my brakes. I gear down, mostly. Down steep hills, L all the way. Probably only two stop signs on the dirt road to the trails. After that, I’ll be lucky to see one person on the trails for weeks.
Trying to get my daughter to drive the same way. :)
Did it hurt the rotors ?
Did you Neverseize. Up here, you take something apart, get out the Neverseize. Makes it a lot easier next time. :)
Caper
No damage. Still a touch of pad left. I had just hit the sensors at the end of the last ride .
Normally I use hi temp brake grease (aka the expensive green stuff) on the slides, pad channels, and even on the contact points on the back of the pad (still the best anti squeak I've ever used). On a off road machine...I don't . It just attracts dirt, so I clean the channels of rust and brake clean them and leave them bare. The slides felt good and free, so I let sleeping dogs lie. Boots seem flimsy anyway, so I didn't want to risk tearing them.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
No damage. Still a touch of pad left. I had just hit the sensors at the end of the last ride .
Normally I use hi temp brake grease (aka the expensive green stuff) on the slides, pad channels, and even on the contact points on the back of the pad (still the best anti squeak I've ever used). On a off road machine...I don't . It just attracts dirt, so I clean the channels of rust and brake clean them and leave them bare. The slides felt good and free, so I let sleeping dogs lie. Boots seem flimsy anyway, so I didn't want to risk tearing them.
Nice. How long did it take you, start to finish. For the average guy. Unless you’re a mechanic. :)
Caper

Reactions: DG Rider
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 116825

Man, your hardcore. :)
I wish I lived closer. Haha
Caper

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nice. How long did it take you, start to finish. For the average guy. Unless you’re a mechanic. :)
Caper
Oh...they aint bad. Maybe 10 minutes a side with hand tools. Only the bottom bolt has to come out. Hold the inner nut or you'll tear the slide boot by twisting it.
That rear boot was a whore. Probably took 2 hours of swearing.

Reactions: Caper and BWAF
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Holy crap that’s a lot of wires.
How long did it take you to in’s the ps . :)
Caper
About an hour and a half, but it’s not complete but I did test it and ensure it was working. Still need some minor adjustments and ECU mounting, but need to layout everything out to support dual battery setup. Guesstimate on time to completion of all wiring 8-10 hrs

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 116825

Think it will hold up to the dirt/mud/water though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

Chooglin

I just read this again and NO , each position of the switch will not allow you to control them individually. Each click of the switch will turn on the next accessory while the others still stay on.

Position one is off (like picture)
Position 2 is accessorry 1
Position 3 is accessorry 1+ accessory 2
Position 4 (pull on switch) is accessorry 1and 2 + accessory 3

It's a 10 terminal switch, so it is going to be tricky to figure out how to wire it all :(

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I just read this again and NO , each position of the switch will not allow you to control them individually. Each click of the switch will turn on the next accessory while the others still stay on.

It's a 10 terminal switch, so it is going to be tricky to figure out how to wire it all :(

That's what I was wondering, if they'll come on in series? Which wouldn't be bad other than the rear facing lights. @Hondasxs new reverse light harness could solve that issue? ;)

Reactions: Chooglin and Caper
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Send me the year, make, model, and i'll get you a factory wiring diagram for the switch.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
About an hour and a half, but it’s not complete but I did test it and ensure it was working. Still need some minor adjustments and ECU mounting, but need to layout everything out to support dual battery setup. Guesstimate on time to completion of all wiring 8-10 hrs
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Installed EFI high Winch mount that was the easy part..Routed it along the Main wire harness to the battery was a nightmare...lol
2 days later finally finished....

View attachment 116866
How many pins did you loose or break. :). I lost two. :). So now I have a bunch extra. Haha. But doing stuff like that, you have to do it right the first time. :) No sense of doing it twice. I did have to move my Contactor when I put my Chooglin glove box in. :) Not a biggie.
Always good talking with another maritime. :)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Small fingers. :)
Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!