P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

T

twodog

Jan 22, 2019
Ozark Mountains
Ownership

1. 500
Nice country. Beautiful.
Are you allowed to hunt hogs this time of year. Sign me up. No hogs up here. I’ve seen them on tv. Some get huge.
And no turkeys. That’s something I wish we had.
Caper
There is no season on wild hogs here. On certain WMA's you can only shoot them at certain times but no one I am aware of pays any attention to that. They are not considered a game animal here only pests. On private land you can shoot them at night also.
Turkeys are great hunting but the numbers here are at a 30 year low point. I know I have been hunting them almost 50 years.

Reactions: rtn001 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
There is no season on wild hogs here. On certain WMA's you can only shoot them at certain times but no one I am aware of pays any attention to that. They are not considered a game animal here only pests. On private land you can shoot them at night also.
Turkeys are great hunting but the numbers here are at a 30 year low point. I know I have been hunting them almost 50 years.
Do turkeys go in cycles like Grouse and rabbits.
Can’t wait to get to the camp. :)
Caper

C

Chooglin

People eating them. :)
Hopefully they will come back.
They are so cool to see.
:)
Caper
I see alot of Turkey , right in my back yard. I like early spring when all the baby chicks are running around!
20170623 180155

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
No turkeys are not usually cyclic. We have other problems
We have problems with our turkey population here in Florida and in Ga. and N. C. where we hunt. The biggest is coyotes, bobcats and coons. No one hunts them and they are totally out of control. The other is habitat lost.
People eating them. :)
Hopefully they will come back.
They are so cool to see.
:)
Caper

Reactions: Chooglin and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I see alot of Turkey , right in my back yard. I like early spring when all the baby chicks are running around!
View attachment 117674
That’s so cool. Sitting in the house and watching nature.
Life doesn’t get much better than that. :)
Isn’t there a spring turkey hunt that only the males are shot.
Not that you’re going to shoot anything on your front lawn. You probably have them all named. :)
Thanks Chooglin
Caper

Reactions: rtn001 and Chooglin
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
There's never been wild turkeys here, but I've heard of people seeing them around, and I saw a pic the other day of a bunch on the road near Saint John, stopping traffic. Maybe they were doing roadside checks...

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We have problems with our turkey population here in Florida and in Ga. and N. C. where we hunt. The biggest is coyotes, bobcats and coons. No one hunts them and they are totally out of control. The other is habitat lost.
It’s coyotes up here. And they are big. They are even killing dogs. They tried to take my 125 lb Golden, all mussels, but they did get a King Shepard not far from my camp.
I call DNR they sent a trapper to around my camp, on my trails, and caught 40 in two months. Bastards. We have a few Lynx. Bug I don’t mind seeing them. I did see a cougar, but just for a second. Mostly tail. I followed his trail in the snow for about a 1/4 mile. No gun . So I turned around. :)
Not DNR says no cougars in Nova Scotia.
I almost hit our with my old truck. My wife and daughter saw it too. Came across a four lane highway in about two seconds. Awesome.
Sorry, getting carried away. :)
Caper

Reactions: rtn001 and 500oneer
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
There's never been wild turkeys here, but I've heard of people seeing them around, and I saw a pic the other day of a bunch on the road near Saint John, stopping traffic. Maybe they were doing roadside checks...
Well Maine has a huge population. I’m sure they can come across the boarder with out being checked. :)
If you guys get a big population, eventually they will get here. Same as the coyotes. :)
I’d rather turkey than coyotes.
Caper

Reactions: rtn001
advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
My backyard sees turkeys, rabbits, coyotes, deer, the neighbors cat after birds at the feedeer and their dog crapping in my yard. Last trip to the range with the Glock 40, hope the last two appreciate I like animals.

5B570452 1660 4999 8455 D95AA426A755

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My backyard sees turkeys, rabbits, coyotes, deer, the neighbors cat after birds at the feedeer and their dog crapping in my yard. Last trip to the range with the Glock 40, hope the last two appreciate I like animals.

View attachment 117709
Haha. Nice shooting.
My daughter is really good at 25 yards. She loves it. But they’ve been shooting since they were around 8. Down at the camp with my old single shot .22
And besides the dog and cat, the rest are cool to see. I might have to take a shot at the coyote. Since they tried to kill my old Golden. :)
Caper

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Well Maine has a huge population. I’m sure they can come across the boarder with out being checked. :)
If you guys get a big population, eventually they will get here. Same as the coyotes. :)
I’d rather turkey than coyotes.
Caper
From my camp you can hear the coyotes at night, it's a bit unsettling when the campfire and beer are almost gone and you can hear them howling.

Reactions: Chooglin and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
44313A19 72BF 4179 8419 59DE8CFD73C0
From my camp you can hear the coyotes at night, it's a bit unsettling when the campfire and beer are almost gone and you can hear them howling.
Haha. At the camp we can hear them at the end of the driveway when we’re in bed. I got this guy just beside my camp. I’ve shot at a few so they seem to know now that if they show themselves, there is a bullet coming their way. We’re allowed a shotgun all year. Just need a $5 stamp.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 117820
Haha. At the camp we can hear them at the end of the driveway when we’re in bed. I got this guy just beside my camp. I’ve shot at a few so they seem to know now that if they show themselves, there is a bullet coming their way. We’re allowed a shotgun all year. Just need a $5 stamp.
Caper
DNR isn’t screwing with them since that young girl was killed in the Highlands. Shoot em all. :)
Caper

Reactions: Russ989
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
View attachment 117820
Caper

That photo makes my trigger finger twitch :cool:

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Finished wiring up my MTX radio and adjusted the clutch. Then proceeded to take about a 15 mile ride down backroads. Radio is nice need to adjust the EQ for better sound but it worked good. Clutch adjustment also worked well, shifts much better now.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!