P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
BTook my basket rack off my old rancher and put it on the 500 then added a tools box.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just add mud flaps to avoid mud going into basket

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: p500fan and rocmar
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Just add mud flaps to avoid mud going into basket

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I'd definitely agree on that point. Might even look into cutting some rubber to line the bottom of the drop basket.

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
I'd definitely agree on that point. Might even look into cutting some rubber to line the bottom of the drop basket.

My thoughts exactly. Old truck mat would be perfect.

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
Your ready to pack
out a Moose

I wish rocmar! It is on m bucket list. I'm hoping to slam a black bear on it this winter. also the weight is maybe 30lbs total. That toolbox is super light.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
As an unrepentant, three-time serial Dodge/Ram/Cummins buyer, I have been interested in the new diesel half-ton, although it doesn't fit my needs.

The only negative I've heard about it is that it is in such high demand that discounts are hard to come by.

That's a pretty positive negative, I reckon...

Today's pickup trucks are just flat amazing. 'Course they oughta be, at ~$50k a pop. :eek:

Joe
I agree about today's pickups being amazing.... They really have come a long way with them. They drive so quiet and smooth now... In the ecodiesel, you can't even hear them run from inside. And the mileage they get is literally unbelievable. I've driven 3 of them so far. I wanted one when they first came out, but you're right about the high demand. They were all at sticker price, which is way more than I'm willing to pay. Now that they have been out a couple years, there are rebates and deals to be had. The 2017's are coming and there are still quite a few 2016's on the lots. However, my local dealer only has one and it's used. I found a dealer that has 3 or 4 that I can (almost) afford - with some pretty deep discounts. I can get in a base model truck for $31k - $33k, ecodiesel of course.

My family has been pretty loyal to the Dodge/Ram/Jeep brand for many years. I've found it doesn't always pay to be brand loyal, so I shop almost any brand. Although when it comes to trucks, I know too many people that spent a ton of money working on ford engines (oiling issues causing engine failures in gas engines, and head gasket issues in almost every diesel engine they have had before the current one) and I won't buy a new Government Motors vehicle since the bailout.

Reactions: JWB
advertisement
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Got the P5 back last night... Drove it about 7 miles. Seems like they did a fine job. I asked them to listen to the engine and let me know if they felt like it might need a valve adjustment. They said the valves are fine...

I noticed that they put blue paint on every nut and bolt that they removed after they re-installed them. So far, my expectations have been exceeded. I was pleased at how quick they got it finished, since I dropped it off without an appointment during their busy time of year. I expected it would take a week to get it back.

Reactions: rocmar and Jshell3
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Got the P5 back last night... Drove it about 7 miles. Seems like they did a fine job. I asked them to listen to the engine and let me know if they felt like it might need a valve adjustment. They said the valves are fine...

I noticed that they put blue paint on every nut and bolt that they removed after they re-installed them. So far, my expectations have been exceeded. I was pleased at how quick they got it finished, since I dropped it off without an appointment during their busy time of year. I expected it would take a week to get it back.
That's great news!!

Reactions: ehart814
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I agree about today's pickups being amazing.... They really have come a long way with them. They drive so quiet and smooth now... In the ecodiesel, you can't even hear them run from inside. And the mileage they get is literally unbelievable. I've driven 3 of them so far. I wanted one when they first came out, but you're right about the high demand. They were all at sticker price, which is way more than I'm willing to pay. Now that they have been out a couple years, there are rebates and deals to be had. The 2017's are coming and there are still quite a few 2016's on the lots. However, my local dealer only has one and it's used. I found a dealer that has 3 or 4 that I can (almost) afford - with some pretty deep discounts. I can get in a base model truck for $31k - $33k, ecodiesel of course.

My family has been pretty loyal to the Dodge/Ram/Jeep brand for many years. I've found it doesn't always pay to be brand loyal, so I shop almost any brand. Although when it comes to trucks, I know too many people that spent a ton of money working on ford engines (oiling issues causing engine failures in gas engines, and head gasket issues in almost every diesel engine they have had before the current one) and I won't buy a new Government Motors vehicle since the bailout.
You and I made money on that investment. Call it a bailout, but they paid back all that money with interest and are as solvent as ever. And perhaps you're too young to remember, but your beloved Dodge/Chrysler brand was the first auto maker to stick there hand out to the government for a bailout. I'm not criticising Chrysler, I've had good and bad autos in all brands.

1979 Chrysler Bailout
250px 85 89 Dodge Aries sedan
the Dodge Aries, a typical K-Car
Realizing that the company would go out of business if it did not receive a large infusion of cash, Iacocca approached the United States Congress in 1979 and successfully requested a loan guarantee. In order to obtain the guarantee, Chrysler was required to reduce costs and abandon some longstanding projects, such as the turbine engine, which had been ready for consumer production in 1979 after nearly 20 years of development.

Lee Iacocca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
You and I made money on that investment. Call it a bailout, but they paid back all that money with interest and are as solvent as ever. And perhaps you're too young to remember, but your beloved Dodge/Chrysler brand was the first auto maker to stick there hand out to the government for a bailout. I'm not criticising Chrysler, I've had good and bad autos in all brands.

1979 Chrysler Bailout
View attachment 18733
the Dodge Aries, a typical K-Car
Realizing that the company would go out of business if it did not receive a large infusion of cash, Iacocca approached the United States Congress in 1979 and successfully requested a loan guarantee. In order to obtain the guarantee, Chrysler was required to reduce costs and abandon some longstanding projects, such as the turbine engine, which had been ready for consumer production in 1979 after nearly 20 years of development.

Lee Iacocca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Beloved Dodge/Chrysler brand" ? Hardly...

Treasury closes the book on GM bailout with final stock sale

GM made $22.6 billion since bankruptcy. Taxpayers lost $10.6 billion on bailout

U.S. government says it lost $11.2 billion on GM bailout

I should have known my "Government Motors" comment would send any thread into a death spiral... Right or wrong, I was never for the bailout. I really wanted to see the automotive industry turn around. I still wonder what the industry would look like now if GM had gone down the tubes...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
"Beloved Dodge/Chrysler brand" ? Hardly...

Treasury closes the book on GM bailout with final stock sale

GM made $22.6 billion since bankruptcy. Taxpayers lost $10.6 billion on bailout

U.S. government says it lost $11.2 billion on GM bailout

I should have known my "Government Motors" comment would send any thread into a death spiral... Right or wrong, I was never for the bailout. I really wanted to see the automotive industry turn around. I still wonder what the industry would look like now if GM had gone down the tubes...
Haha, its ok buddy, it's your thread. I wouldn't have wanted either Chrysler or GM to have failed.

U.S. Declares Bank and Auto Bailouts Over, and Profitable
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/20/b...louts-of-automakers-and-wall-street.html?_r=0

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Haha, its ok buddy, it's your thread. I wouldn't have wanted either Chrysler or GM to have failed.

U.S. Declares Bank and Auto Bailouts Over, and Profitable

It's everyones thread. :)

I've never taken offense to a thread that I started moving off course, unless someone is inappropriate or disrespectful to any forum user - definitely not the case here.

I never wanted them to fail, however, I have great respect for companies with effective management. And when management is poor, they need to be held accountable. Ford was able to restructure, and survive without bailout or gov. loan - and ever since that happened, I have really considered purchasing a new Ford. But I guess I'll show my hypocrisy when I skip the Ford to buy the Ram. LOL Too bad Ford just doesn't have what I want.

Reactions: rocmar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's everyones thread. :)

I've never taken offense to a thread that I started moving off course, unless someone is inappropriate or disrespectful to any forum user - definitely not the case here.

I never wanted them to fail, however, I have great respect for companies with effective management. And when management is poor, they need to be held accountable. Ford was able to restructure, and survive without bailout or gov. loan - and ever since that happened, I have really considered purchasing a new Ford. But I guess I'll show my hypocrisy when I skip the Ford to buy the Ram. LOL Too bad Ford just doesn't have what I want.
True enough, threads are always veering off course. Chrysler got some bailout money this time around also. But financial experts have argued that had GM and Chrysler both been allowed to fail, that it would have brought down Ford as well, and been the end of the American auto industry. That would not have been good for America. If it can be determined that individuals mismanaged or worse causing the trouble to begin with, then they sure should be punished, that just doesn't happen much. Obama sent no one on Wall Street to prison.

Back on topic, this afternoon I ride my P5 to the top of the world. I'll post pics tonight!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Political views don't determine
the brand I buy. I buy to suit
my needs & wat I can afford.
Not many threads stay true
to form....
Hope you get the truck you
want...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Let us know....
after ya run it....
yes...that was a quick
fix by Honda ( not like them )
Glad your back on the
road again

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Today I'm trying to decide
where to tie down my
jump battery...& guess
maybe clean it

advertisement