P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve had the Trigger shield for a couple years. I haven’t noticed a problem with the heat. But then again , we don’t get the heat like you get. 100 up here is unusual. I don’t know how you guys do it. :)
Caper
I haven't done it since about 2010 or so. So we'll see...LOL!

Reactions: Caper
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks to @DG Rider for the picture, since I just changed the oil filter, will do it next cycle and reuse the OEM rubber flap from the drivers side using a few extra push pins. Its not doing any good in the drawer.

View attachment 120936 View attachment 120937
Cool...looks like I've inspired a few people. @trigger, is this what it feels like to be you?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@DG Rider , thinking your access hole idea deserves its own thread under Mods, easy for search and visibility to future members. Removing the cover is a PITA and saw where many have stripped the phillips screws. The idea is in the same class as the reverse lever adjustment and seat belt speed limiter disable. Zero cost and simple, but worth a million. IMO.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@DG Rider , thinking your access hole idea deserves its own thread under Mods, easy for search and visibility to future members. Removing the cover is a PITA and saw where many have stripped the phillips screws. The idea is in the same class as the reverse lever adjustment and seat belt speed limiter disable. Zero cost and simple, but worth a million. IMO.
I'd seen someone mention they were going to do this mod way back when the 500 came out. Don't remember who it was...

Maybe I'll start its own topic later tonight. Right now, I'm going riding...

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks to @DG Rider for the picture, since I just changed the oil filter, will do it next cycle and reuse the OEM rubber flap from the drivers side using a few extra push pins. Its not doing any good in the drawer.

View attachment 120936 View attachment 120937
Oh yeah. I left mine so it just flips back. I have that storage bin under the drivers seat. Haven’t used it since I put it in. :)
Thanks for the picture Mudder and DG Rider, That’s great.
Can’t wait till it’s warm enough for it to work. :)
Caper

Reactions: rtn001
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger , what happened to those Wings this year. Leafs are going to be in the playoffs, don’t know if they’ll beat Boston, but they are in. :) Don’t know if either will beat Tampa. . I watch a few games though the season. Detroit Toronto, Toronto Montreal, tonight’s game. And a few others.
When I was a kid, that was the only thing on Saturday night. :)
Do you guys get Hockey Night In Canada. CBC. :)
Oh and it would be a shame to get mud on that shiny bike. :)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
@PBishop . I took a drive today to Tantallon. Found an entrance to Rails to Trails by the Esso. I guess the walkers are wanting the government to make it walking only.
I say, make it only for ATV’s and SXS’s . :) Keep the walkers off. :)
I’m going to have to get on it before I can’t.
Caper

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Had to happen sooner or later. 64 trips to the playoffs and 11 titles...we'll be back! :cool:
Oh I’m sure. Hopefully TO will be still around. :). That would make a good series.
They need to get rid of Howard.
TO has these young guns. They should be around for awhile. Unless TO trades them. Haha to Detroit. :)
Caper

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Update on the 11" tires front and back. Was messing around today and noticed the front rubbing at full turn to the left. Can't have that so I took the 1" spacers off and it solved the problem. Changed the rear 1.5" spacers back down to 1" to get even track width. We'll see how it rides tomorrow with this setup. :rolleyes:

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have 26x11x12 all around? Did you remove the spacers on the front to eliminate the rub?
I am considering either 26x9x12 or 26x11x12 on the oe wheels on all 4 corners. Will I have rubbing with either?

I have 26x11x12 on all four. These BH 2.0's run bigger than true, 26.5". I also have aftermarket wheels with the 5+2 offset so the 1" spacers on the front pushed it out even more, that's what made it rub. Don't know if I'm going to like these on the front yet, I'll know more tomorrow.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Update on the 11" tires front and back. Was messing around today and noticed the front rubbing at full turn to the left. Can't have that so I took the 1" spacers off and it solved the problem. Changed the rear 1.5" spacers back down to 1" to get even track width. We'll see how it rides tomorrow with this setup. :rolleyes:
You’ll be back to no spacers again. :) :D Haha.
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So you’ve got some spacers for sale??? :cool:

P

PBishop

Jun 23, 2018
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
@PBishop . I took a drive today to Tantallon. Found an entrance to Rails to Trails by the Esso. I guess the walkers are wanting the government to make it walking only.
I say, make it only for ATV’s and SXS’s . :) Keep the walkers off. :)
I’m going to have to get on it before I can’t.
Caper
Rum Runners Trail If you look at this map, the section in red, which is the Chain of Lakes trail, is the only restricted part of the trail to Lunenburg. They say there is a 35 km speed limit on this trail, but I always use the common sense approach when driving on these trails. If you see someone walking or on a bike coming towards you or you are passing them then slow down so you don't drown them in dust. There are a lot of people on these trails on the weekend and I try to avoid them then. I work shift work at Michelin and I am off a lot during the week as I work 12hr shifts, so I try to go as early as possible on the week day. This trail is beautiful and you have a lot of scenery to take in and this is what they are promoting it as so be prepared to take sometime to ride it especially on a weekend.
The walkers and cyclist have to remember that the trail upgrades are payed by the clubs and comes out of the registration from the ATV's. So as far as I am concerned, it is not changing anytime soon because we are paying for it.
This map also shows you where you can park.
On a second note, You can travel across the province from Upper Tantallon to Windsor on some back trail and fire roads. I haven't done them yet, but hope to this summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtn001 and Caper
advertisement