P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
INSTALLED! About 3 hours hours to put box in. Dropped wrench on skid plate can't get to it. Remove three bolts to get it. Dropped nut. The nut gods ate it. Can't find one that will work in all the junk in the barn or truck. Trip into town for another one. Box installed. Go to put bolts for skid plate in. One of them would not start. After fighting it for about 20 minutes, get out jack. It won't start because about half of bolt broke off in the hole. That's why one is only half the length of the other two. Screw it. Drill new hole. Run in self tapper. I've had all the fun I can stand for one day. Go home. Clean up. It's 5 PM somewhere. Time for a drink. Y'all have a nice day. Y'all hear now?.

IMG 20190702 125450010 IMG 20190702 124630259

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
INSTALLED! About 3 hours hours to put box in. Dropped wrench on skid plate can't get to it. Remove three bolts to get it. Dropped nut. The nut gods ate it. Can't find one that will work in all the junk in the barn or truck. Trip into town for another one. Box installed. Go to put bolts for skid plate in. One of them would not start. After fighting it for about 20 minutes, get out jack. It won't start because about half of bolt broke off in the hole. That's why one is only half the length of the other two. Screw it. Drill new hole. Run in self tapper. I've had all the fun I can stand for one day. Go home. Clean up. It's 5 PM somewhere. Time for a drink. Y'all have a nice day. Y'all hear now?.

View attachment 139395 View attachment 139396

Lmao! I've had those days myself, something so easy turns into an all day event. It looks good anyway. ;)

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500

Only one broke bolt to turn a 30 min. job into 3 hours. LOL Happens a lot.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you!

I had a day much like yours on Sunday , a 1 hour job became 3 hours. My biggest problem is , I lay tools down and I can't remember where I put them.......so much time wasted looking for s***!!!
LMAO. It's the tool gods. They don't like where you put a tool, and move it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Haha. One of those days.
Looks good.
It’s 6:43 here. I’ll have a rum for ya. :)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

I used Neverseize on every bolt on my new skid plate. Have to up here.
:)
Caper

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Nice setup! The glass windshield...does it open, or remove easily? The roof looks great, does it rattle much? Makes sense not to spend a bunch of money. I like the plywood roof!
The bottom of the windshield opens to vent and allow access to take the hood off. I used foam pipe insulation and rubber spacers inside the clamps to pad the roof and stop the vibration noise. Works great. Total cost would have been about $50 if I had to buy materials but as I already had everything but paint and clamps cost about $14 bucks and a couple hours.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!