P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 141337 One more thing done.
:)
Caper
Did you strap the rear also? I found with mine if I strap the front only the rear will bounce over to the left against the rail and make it a pain to unload. It's because the steering allows the rear to move. When you strap the rear tires the front can't move as there is no pivot point. Just wondering.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Did you strap the rear also? I found with mine if I strap the front only the rear will bounce over to the left against the rail and make it a pain to unload. It's because the steering allows the rear to move. When you strap the rear tires the front can't move as there is no pivot point. Just wondering.
I know you didn't ask me, but I strap all 4. You could turn the trailer upside down and the bike would stay put!

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Boy, that’s weird Al.
So far so good with my ‘15.
Are you close to a Honda dealership.
At least I’d call service.
Caper
The issue seemed to resolve itself after afew engine starts. Then i did a clutch adjust. Impossible to know if that makes a difference. I'll moniter and keep the group advised.
Al

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I strap the back frame with axle straps and then ratchet straps to the back corners of the trailer. It’s always been secure, but this should make the front a lot easier to strap down. I was putting axle straps around the front bumper by the winch and then ratcheting to the front corner, but it was always a pain. This should be easier. Haha
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Good deal. I strap all four on long trips but only the rear on short ones. Just lazy on my part. It's sure not going anywhere with all four strapped. I love that Erickson system.
That’s great, thanks, a bit of piece of mind.
Caper

Reactions: rtn001
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
C8ACD0BC B79B 4AC7 9AAB 298DF277D291
3523782A 5422 4311 99F5 29AC3DE0E393
The planks on my trailer are old and pulling out of their bolts. I'd like to but can't tie the machine down like that!
I made plates out of 1/8 and tacked the nuts to them, to make it cover a couple. We’ll see. Haha
Caper

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 141362 View attachment 141363
I made plates out of 1/8 and tacked the nuts to them, to make it cover a couple. We’ll see. Haha
Caper
I know the feeling of bad boards, my old trailer had bad boards, 36 inch solid side rails and was to short. I sold it and bought a new 5'x 10'. Rails are still to high to open the door so I bungee it open before I load it. I used two inch finder washers and bolts with lock nuts to secure the Erickson chocks to the deck. I don't want to be in the wreck that pulls that loose. Lol.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Question. When adjusting the clutch do you turn the screw counter clockwise until you feel the light residents or until it gets hard? I stopped when I felt the first light resistance. The shifting was harder but positive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Gotta give credit to a couple masterminds, @Chooglin for coming up with the idea and @Eltobgi for the execution. ;)
This is BA and the way it was intended!

Clip Clips

For $10...these things fit super tight and hold the back of the shield in the exact position for how it's cut. No air can come from the back or the bottom this way. It's always rode well without them and the rubber is kind of friction held against the rack bolts underneath anyway but I did notice once in a while that one would be folded back or crooked. That can't happen with these and it keeps any additional cuts you may have made, like around a snorkel pipe, in perfect position, it's sealed.
Thanks guys, good sh**! :cool:

C

Chooglin

Gotta give credit to a couple masterminds, @Chooglin for coming up with the idea and @Eltobgi for the execution. ;)

View attachment 141619 View attachment 141620

For $10...these things fit super tight and hold the back of the shield in the exact position for how it's cut. No air can come from the back or the bottom this way. It's always rode well without them and the rubber is kind of friction held against the rack bolts underneath anyway but I did notice once in a while that one would be folded back or crooked. That can't happen with these and it keeps any additional cuts you may have made, like around a snorkel pipe, in perfect position, it's sealed.
Glad I could help , now I need to get some of these and move my shield to the bottom bar!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

;)
BBA3A0D4 50A0 4A07 A6D4 8BBC9876A904

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500

Could you post the link to where I can get them? Someone did but I can't find it. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!