BOX1

P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Like this??
Your Moose hitch for my Pioneer 500 had bolts that were too short. Several other friends also had the same problem recently. I reported this months ago after my purchase, yet you obviously don’t care about fixing the issue. Maybe you will after “beware buyer” comments on multiple web based platforms.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Found their Facebook page, post and PM. Being retired has its benefits.
DA8A9149 0086 432E 8777 A64200B48FAC

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Just DMWM! (Don't mess with Mudder) ;)

My wheels and tires have arrived! Hope I get done setting the sporting clays traps early tomorrow so I can mount them up. The well worn stockers are not dealing with the mud that's out there after the 12" of snow we got Tuesday is melting. Got my moneys worth out the the OEM at 3700 mi with no flats and going just about everywhere I asked these last 2 years.

Before....

And...

After....

It's a work vehicle, can you tell? :)

IMG 01011 IMG 01031

IMG 01011 IMG 01031

Last edited:
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
So finally got round to fixin my synthetic winch line. It gets used a fair amount in the winter for snow ploughing and o’ course looks kinda ratty and/or breaks. Still want the ability to winch out if/when I get stuck, so what I’ve done is added a short section of 10,000lbs flat synthetic 2” wide webbing on the end of my synthetic winch line. As there is limited room on the spool, I cut a length of flat webbing guessing 8ft long, one end has a snap hook, the other I sewed a loop by doubling over and sewing. Using a bowline knot attached winch line to loop end and sucked it onto the spool. The flat webbing wraps over itself a couple, three revolutions and thinking it should work well on the drum and through the fairlead... time will tell. Also kept the original Shackle and hook on passenger side floor if I need to winch later on.
j

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So finally got round to fixin my synthetic winch line. It gets used a fair amount in the winter for snow ploughing and o’ course looks kinda ratty and/or breaks. Still want the ability to winch out if/when I get stuck, so what I’ve done is added a short section of 10,000lbs flat synthetic 2” wide webbing on the end of my synthetic winch line. As there is limited room on the spool, I cut a length of flat webbing guessing 8ft long, one end has a snap hook, the other I sewed a loop by doubling over and sewing. Using a bowline knot attached winch line to loop end and sucked it onto the spool. The flat webbing wraps over itself a couple, three revolutions and thinking it should work well on the drum and through the fairlead... time will tell. Also kept the original Shackle and hook on passenger side floor if I need to winch later on.
j

Post us a pic of that J. I have the same problem with chewing on the synthetic line from plowing. Broke it last year and had to replace it and noticed the other night that it was starting to fray in one spot again.

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

My wheels and tires have arrived! Hope I get done setting the sporting clays traps early tomorrow so I can mount them up. The well worn stockers are not dealing with the mud that's out there after the 12" of snow we got Tuesday is melting. Got my moneys worth out the the OEM at 3700 mi with no flats and going just about everywhere I asked these last 2 years.

Before....

And...

After....

View attachment 183830 View attachment 183831

How much taller does it sit?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Post us a pic of that J. I have the same problem with chewing on the synthetic line from plowing. Broke it last year and had to replace it and noticed the other night that it was starting to fray in one spot again.

Here you go, not ploughed with it yet but in theory should work better then just the synthetic line, I’m hoping. Just re-looking at this, if it works well I don’t see why I wouldn’t just weave a new eye in the synthetic line to include webbing loop (instead of Bowline knot) and add my larger shackle/hook combo on the end. In this way would be quicker to set up on winching to trees etc as the “winch strap” is already attached....hmmmm I’ll keep you posted
Cheers
j

48A46F92 EC44 4904 BB4B 72C50682D274
C57F6A0B 4BA8 4B85 B535 47019630B6CB

Last edited:
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500

Before....

And...

After....

Now yer cookin' with Crisco!

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Love the new wheels, but boy do they throw mud! The melt off was in it's glory yesterday, and had to run the course a bunch and pull out one of the Mule 550s. I found chunks in my vest pockets and on my hat (even with roof and full windshield). I now have the P500 "Adobe Edition". Looks like the little beast will have Mudbusters by next winter.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Got a reply from Moose on their fitment issue.
Like this??
Your Moose hitch for my Pioneer 500 had bolts that were too short. Several other friends also had the same problem recently. I reported this months ago after my purchase, yet you obviously don’t care about fixing the issue. Maybe you will after “beware buyer” comments on multiple web based platforms.

29FFE9CE 528C 412E 9086 9F75BE33096A

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Bet they could light up an area like a CSI crime lab. Or freeze a deer in his tracks at 100 yards. Modding to what you is the name of the game. If I did not have low hanging branches I would have something on the roof. Consider a Strongmade bumper in your future, its good quality.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!