P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Consider a Strongmade bumper in your future, its good quality.
FC08B06B 83D3 4B58 BE6D 9FC13B0026BC

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I just installed my light bar.
IMG 3559
IMG 3561
This unit from Amazon was great, it came with the switch, fuse, and relay. I just had to hook up a couple of wires and I was done. I hope?? There is a small red led that stays on, I hope it will not drain the battery.
HNND8352

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Added some led lights, not sure if I like them or not. They are a little big. What do you think?View attachment 185108
Cool how they colour match and am thinking should be functional where mounted. In terms of aesthetics for my eye, if you mounted them such that they fit inside the roll cage would look more balanced I think, I feel it’s a function of relative scale..... those are big lights and when on must be daylight! Perhaps because they are larger diameter to my eye, from where they are located now if you turned them 90 degrees. Not really fair comment as we don’t see the side profile. I don’t know if there is enough clearance but inside the roll bar frame just below the roof might look cool too.
j

1border4manu

1border4manu

Supporting Member
Jul 4, 2019
Zephyrhills, Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Cool how they colour match and am thinking should be functional where mounted. In terms of aesthetics for my eye, if you mounted them such that they fit inside the roll cage would look more balanced I think, I feel it’s a function of relative scale..... those are big lights and when on must be daylight! Perhaps because they are larger diameter to my eye, from where they are located now if you turned them 90 degrees. Not really fair comment as we don’t see the side profile. I don’t know if there is enough clearance but inside the roll bar frame just below the roof might look cool too.
j
Going to leave them on for now, we have not gone on a trail ride with them on yet. That will be next weekend. I will post some pictures. Thanks for your opinions.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 185728View attachment 185729 This unit from Amazon was great, it came with the switch, fuse, and relay. I just had to hook up a couple of wires and I was done. I hope?? There is a small red led that stays on, I hope it will not drain the battery. View attachment 185731
You should purchase the harness that plugs in under the hood and remove your power from the battery and hook it to the harness. It will then only turn on when the key is on.
EE65D434 E576 4367 B10D 7732820A7B09

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 185728View attachment 185729 This unit from Amazon was great, it came with the switch, fuse, and relay. I just had to hook up a couple of wires and I was done. I hope?? There is a small red led that stays on, I hope it will not drain the battery. View attachment 185731

One of the lights I installed came with a switch like that, I chucked it and wired it to a toggle switch as it would drain the battery over time. I'm sure it functions well enough but I'd also hate to see what 5 of those mounted on the dash would look like. ;)

Leep

Leep

Jul 17, 2019
Sacramento
Ownership

1. 500
Installed my winch! Bought from the club a viper max. After all my research I failed to pay attention to the mount position and expected an above mount position. Went ahead with install and I got to say, I really like it. Nice neat install and everything went as planned. I did however replace the mounting bolts with grade 5 after one of the bolts snapped. If anyone contemplates not removing the skid plates, it only added 30 minutes and the wire is secure and tidy. Added loom for extra protection. Hope to not have to use it, but like the insurance. Happy with the product and relatively easy install. Pulled my rig up my long driveway to wind the cable and it was like butter. Thanks for the advise on this site

9A32ACED 536F 4344 AF2D D50C072F6D49

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
The light bar button wire is only about 2 ft. long before there is a connection, so I just undid the wire until I ever need it. I did not want it up by the roof, and where it is now is pretty safe from damage. I like the matching red paint, I'll bet I get 2 or 3 mph more out of it.

T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
No pics, but added 1.5” Super ATV wheel spacers tonight. Also did like Mudder did, cleaned the poor thing up, it was a filthy mess!
Been driving myself nuts trying to figure out what tires to go with, but I keep ending up with the BH radials due to all the feedback from this forum.
Thank you all for posting your thoughts and feedback on products you’ve tried, it really does help tremendously!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!