P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

D

Duckhunt

I went adventuring. Snow. Is. Deep. Never got stuck. Snow depth in woods is about 30"
IMG 0068

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Got out for a little ride today. Some spots were purdy, some spots were mud and muck. I did find this underground hunting blind, at least that’s what I assume it is.

View attachment 182937View attachment 182938
Looks like one of my old college party spots.

A fellow showed up at the range yesterday for a Cowboy match with a new P500. He'd traded in a RZR because it wouldn't start in cold weather. Told him mine lives at the ranch and has never failed to start. Also told him when it was time for the first oil change to come see me and I'd walk him through it up at the barn. PS: I tried to give him the gospel of the box, but he'd already ordered Version 2.0.

FINALLY ORDERED NEW WHEELS AND TIRES! Bighorn 2.0's (26-9 and 26-11) on ITP SS212 5+2 Alloys to replace the stockers that are down to about 3/16" tread. Hat Tip to Trigger! Going to try without spacers first.

Last edited:
MB_Rider

MB_Rider

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2019
Swan River, Manitoba, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
“ I removed the first 5 bolts that hold the front skid plate on so I can use a wrench to remove the sensor that connects to the diff on the driver's side (that bolt is f***ing long lol). ”
My hint. The 4wd sensor wire pulled off on mine, removing its threaded bolt was twisting the wire too much.
Yeah I found out that you can disconnect the wire from the bolt After I put everything back together lol.

D

Duckhunt

I love it! What tracks are you using and where did you get them from, please? I'm thinking of getting rid of my snowmobile and buying tracks...Any front interference?

Thanks! I'm running the Camso X4S model. It's for smaller UTV's, very happy I went with it. I got them from my local Honda dealer, who is also a Camso dealer. They got me a good price, better than anything I found online. However they order a fair amount of track systems a year!

There could be some front interference when while turning sharp if your inside track pivots downward, causing the rear of the track to come up, and/or that corner suspension compresses. They do come with steering limiters to help compensate for this. Also, I run an air shock system and keep good pressure in the front so it doesn't compress much at all. I've definitely put them through the tests and have had no interference. The sprockets are 14", so just keep that in mind for calculating speeds (53% of a 26" tire not accounting for tire pressure).

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Cleaning out the garage on a rainy day and loading the P500 for a trip to the barn. Should have bought a P700 or P1000 for a bed.....NOT! Wish for it and it will come. LOL
3A0B08D2 DDDE 479E 96F1 F068F5984AA0

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Wish for it and it will come.

More like: wish for it, then make it happen! well done . . .

Today I attempted to install the Moose 2" receiver. It fidn't dit, of course. Gotta decide to hack on it or send it back. I'm no steel worker. Two out of four bolts is acceptable, apparently. Another is close; the fourth, well . . .

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
More like: wish for it, then make it happen! well done . . .

Today I attempted to install the Moose 2" receiver. It fidn't dit, of course. Gotta decide to hack on it or send it back. I'm no steel worker. Two out of four bolts is acceptable, apparently. Another is close; the fourth, well . . .
Several have had issues, including me. P500 - What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
My Moose reciever arrived Monday. I started the install Wednesday. The mfg. of the reciever was outstanding. Fit and finish was above par. Now for the down side. The bolts furnished to replace the lower, through the a arms, were SAE and not metric so the nuts you retained for re-installation did not fit the new furnished bolt. The shoulder, shank, of the supplied bolts were approximately 1/32 under size and made for a loose fit. After I screwed up the bolt threads attempting to put the retained metric nut on the SAE threads. Can you say air ratchet. Lol I went to the local Ace hardware store. Taking the replacement bolts and the stock bolts removed from the sxs and purchased the proper fitting bolts and nuts. 20 minutes after arriving back at the farm it was installed. Would I buy the reciever again? Hell yes, it's great and what I needed. Just pissed about about the poor quality control, the incorrect bolts, for what you pay for it everything should be correct. Just read the above post about the fit. I guess I got lucky there and maybe I wouldn't buy it again.

IMG 20200213 100247804

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Yup, buyers of this should not expect a quick bolt-on experience; that will be the exception. I had to run get the proper nuts as well.

Glad you got yours on; I'd say now that they're installed we will enjoy having them when time to hook up.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Mine came with the nuts and the bolts. The ones for the top would've worked too but I have the Honda rear bumper which has welded nuts on it so I had to order longer bolts with the correct threads. Had it not been for that, it would've bolted right on my machine with what was supplied. I have nothing to complain to Moose about.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!