P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
20160503 191539
Got the front Commander XT shocks mounted on my 700-4!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Talladega a lows UTV'S in the camp grounds?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, not in the free campgrounds (speedway property) anymore, since about 4 years now. An idiot or two ruined that for everybody. But all along Speedway Blvd. and of course in all the private campgrounds, yes, no problem. Cops (which the place is crawling with) don't even mess with you for having beer in the cup holder as long as you're discreet and responsible.

Reactions: HiFive
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Unfortunately, not in the free campgrounds (speedway property) anymore, since about 4 years now. An idiot or two ruined that for everybody. But all along Speedway Blvd. and of course in all the private campgrounds, yes, no problem. Cops (which the place is crawling with) don't even mess with you for having beer in the cup holder as long as you're discreet and responsible.
I'm a big Nascar fan and have not seen any tracks that alow them on the property. Like most things a few ruin it for everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Montecresto
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, it must be far north, the trees haven't even leaved out yet! Ride looks good!
Thanks Monte. Took that pic on Saturday. I was riding around the middle knuckle. That's one of the great things about Michigan, you can hold up your hand and point to where you are or were. These plants and trees know the north and have started budding but we're still having some cold nights, if they bloom too early the frost will kill them. We've had some rain this week and temps are warming up, it's going to explode in two weeks and you won't even be able to see that water in the pic. With that will come the bugs though. :(

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks Monte. Took that pic on Saturday. I was riding around the middle knuckle. That's one of the great things about Michigan, you can hold up your hand and point to where you are or were. These plants and trees know the north and have started budding but we're still having some cold nights, if they bloom too early the frost will kill them. We've had some rain this week and temps are warming up, it's going to explode in two weeks and you won't even be able to see that water in the pic. With that will come the bugs though. :(
That's cool dude! I want to visit the UP sometime, or whatever it is that you refer to north Michigan.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's cool dude! I want to visit the UP sometime, or whatever it is that you refer to north Michigan.
You'd love it up there. Definitely need GPS for that trip, designated route with planned fuel stops. Have heard many stories of people calling 911 because they're lost up there. Beautiful though. I'm talking about northern lower peninsula.

Reactions: Montecresto
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Mounted my rear facing lights. Kinda look funny to me. They are tilted in because the roll bars tilt in at the top. Do they look stupid??? Opinions please. B8c8d12b69585c1dd9563c18f16ad035
7fd8f1761f7d43975cc5b47de2b0de9d

With the rear window, this is how I figured I would mount them. I didn't realize how it would look till I got them on. They are mounted very securely. These tusk clamps are super tough. I just think it looks a tad "rigged" since they aren't level. They aren't wired yet. Need to extend my wiring a bit. What do u think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mounted my rear facing lights. Kinda look funny to me. They are tilted in because the roll bars tilt in at the top. Do they look stupid??? Opinions please. View attachment 15085
View attachment 15086

With the rear window, this is how I figured I would mount them. I didn't realize how it would look till I got them on. They are mounted very securely. These tusk clamps are super tough. I just think it looks a tad "rigged" since they aren't level. They aren't wired yet. Need to extend my wiring a bit. What do u think?

To be honest, yes they would look better if they were level. And also have considered putting them inside the perimeter of the cage? My fear would be they get bashed up by branches etc. if they're outside the cage. I know it's tough to find a perfect spot, that's why I haven't done this upgrade yet. But it's high on the list!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
To be honest, yes they would look better if they were level. And also have considered putting them inside the perimeter of the cage? My fear would be they get bashed up by branches etc. if they're outside the cage. I know it's tough to find a perfect spot, that's why I haven't done this upgrade yet. But it's high on the list!
Thank you. I was going to mount them either inside on the sides or on the top bar. But then I put on the rear window and I don't want to have them inside the window. I can slide the clamps down and that would level them but I want them as high as possible. It's hard to tell from the pic, but they are slightly offset to the inside so I'm not worried about them getting bashed up. Even if they do, they are only $18 a pair to replace. I really think they will take a beating tho.

Reactions: Tflynn and trigger
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
41fc8e6e4066c653ca00a4695c054e16

Went on a ride yesterday. About 12 machines went. It was a good time. Couple idiots on canams were riding like a-holes, but I guess you'll have that. They ended up having a rough day though. 20cb0f66f56f1152cd92b0f3c07a7d59

The guy on the top of the hill smoked his belt. The tires wouldn't even spin. He was too stupid to put the machine in low, and 4wd. Lol. They rode all day in 2wd so they could throw dirt on people.

83501Bill

Apr 17, 2016
idaho
3 to 4 thousand feet, around white fir trees. This time of year and right after a good rain.

Reactions: 100Acre
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Was it simple to install?? Just wondering
Very easy. Get the Honda accessory wire harness. It's $9 and really makes things simple. I didn't think it was necessary to run this light off a relay since it only draws 3 or 5 amps. So a couple feet of wire, a switch, some clamps and the light is all you need. It took around an hour and a half all said and done.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!