P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Went for a ride in the Tobacco Roots mountains (Montana) and found this nice creek off the road.

91ee63b6ed5a8c00bd41780e0912bdb0

A0ebacd9e51e6fb0d156a61b414b6e8f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
What a Father’s Day gift! My wife watched our grand kids today (day before), and I got an uninterrupted day to work on the P5. 4:30 and it’s time for the Dead live on amazon music in my shop, a beer and sit back.

Built a spare tire carrier for the back of my Dusty Dawgs rack. I’ll post a DIY in Modifications and Accessories.

Ecbe3e704dcd92814b7eda7cafc4742a

Cut up the plastic housing from an old elliptical trainer we threw out, and built mud flares for the front wheels.

82ed00fe686494524232a03cfc15184b

Found a new car horn from a project 15 years ago that wasn’t used, and replaced the little, cheesy horn with one that sounds like a pickup’s.

Sealed under the EMP windshield in advance of the fall hunting freezing temps. I found a roll of 6” black rubber sealer at the town dump- I think it’s for sealing shower basins and it works great for projects,

Installed a usb outlet on the dash in the ‘useless triangle’ to the left of the speedometer.

012ee79ae03c6bb90ad7ec9cb2e9ceba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Took the machine for a ride out in the back country after a hard rain yesterday, muddy as hell but made for no dust. Was passing by this old hospital out there up on a hill, not very big but the only one for about a 50 mile radius. Noticed an ambulance with its lights on sitting at the bottom of the drive and someone frantically waving me over. Turns out the road was washed over by a mudslide and they couldn't get up there. Said they had a patient having a heart attack and had to get him up there fast. Two EMT's carried him out and put him in the passenger seat and then climbed onto the nerf bars, one on each side. One was holding an IV bag and the other working an air bag.
Told them it was going to be a bumpy ride and to lock their feet into the space between the bars. Had a good run at it and hammered it up that hill. It was one helluva ride, breaking traction in the rear you could feel the locker pulling from the front and chewing its way through the rutted mess. Hitting clumps of who knows what it was like a rodeo ride but we made it to the top. Emergency personnel came rushing out to get him on a gurney but when lifting him out he let out a huge burp. Turns out it was just indigestion from eating too many pot stickers and the rough ride worked it out of him.
Just glad he was okay and I was there to help. 😏

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took the machine for a ride out in the back country after a hard rain yesterday, muddy as hell but made for no dust. Was passing by this old hospital out there up on a hill, not very big but the only one for about a 50 mile radius. Noticed an ambulance with its lights on sitting at the bottom of the drive and someone frantically waving me over. Turns out the road was washed over by a mudslide and they couldn't get up there. Said they had a patient having a heart attack and had to get him up there fast. Two EMT's carried him out and put him in the passenger seat and then climbed onto the nerf bars, one on each side. One was holding an IV bag and the other working an air bag.
Told them it was going to be a bumpy ride and to lock their feet into the space between the bars. Had a good run at it and hammered it up that hill. It was one helluva ride, breaking traction in the rear you could feel the locker pulling from the front and chewing its way through the rutted mess. Hitting clumps of who knows what it was like a rodeo ride but we made it to the top. Emergency personnel came rushing out to get him on a gurney but when lifting him out he let out a huge burp. Turns out it was just indigestion from eating too many pot stickers and the rough ride worked it out of him.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
😂🤣🤣… Those dang pot stickers will get you everytime!!! Been too long since you shared one your “adventures” @trigger!

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
He
I ran in to Trapper and Hawkeye at the mess tent. They were telling everyone what a great job you did! They said you were a better driver than Radar! Thanks for making P500 owners proud!😁

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Removed the straps and put in the real deal to hold the long guns, a Kolpin Stronghold Dual Mount. It is an extremely tight fit, but works great! I love being able to quickly remove them now. Also installed the Throttle-Maxx. There was one sharp ridge on the floor that would cause it to hang up ever so slight now and then. It was no match for the magic Dremel 😁. One minute and smooth as silk.

IMG 20210625 205629117 IMG 20210625 205646646 IMG 20210625 210100604 IMG 20210625 210111077

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
I out a synthetic Wich rope on my Badlands 2500. It was a 5/32 wire, & the 3/16 synthetic fit, but was just barely able to clear when wound super tight. Saw a Badlands 3500 for a steal while I was there so I went back & picked it up. The cool part is that it was already wired so I just had to put on the two wires on the winch. But the best part is that since the power supply to the 3500 is the same, I can still use the mini remote that came with the 2500!

I'll put the 2500 on the trailer to load for "just in case".

IMG 20210629 220021304 IMG 20210629 220040310

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Removed the straps and put in the real deal to hold the long guns, a Kolpin Stronghold Dual Mount. It is an extremely tight fit, but works great! I love being able to quickly remove them now. Also installed the Throttle-Maxx. There was one sharp ridge on the floor that would cause it to hang up ever so slight now and then. It was no match for the magic Dremel 😁. One minute and smooth as silk.

View attachment 280654 View attachment 280655 View attachment 280656 View attachment 280657
Throttle max bolt right up besides the hang up on the floor? I've been debating on one for a while

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Throttle max bolt right up besides the hang up on the floor? I've been debating on one for a while

Yes sir. There's a slit on it that fits right onto the bar on the back of the pedal. Makes alignment almost too easy. It would only hang up if I was super gentle with it, but even if it took 10 hours to fix, it still beats driving home for 2 hours with a cramped up leg. One of my only complaints about the machine was the throttle.

I haven't had the chance to really use it yet, plans fell through last weekend ☹️. This is also my first synthetic winch cable. Will definitely be trying them not out this holiday weekend 👍

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Last weekend I installed a Nilight 20" led lightbar. I bought the kit with lightbar & wiring harness from Amazon. The kit seems to be of decent quality; but I can't speak to the durability. The wiring harness isn't long enough to run from the battery to the dash, where you mount the switch. It's about 18-24 inches too short. I figure the harness is based on the assumption that the battery is under the seat or under the hood, instead of under the bed. So if you get this kit, you will need connectors and 14 gage wire to extend it. The wire from the relay to the lights is plenty long. The connectors for the battery posts are too big of a diameter, so I cut those off and crimped on different ones. Once I had all of the parts and pieces, the installation was fairly straight forward. If I was more talented, I would wire it so it only comes on when ignition is on instead of directly to the battery. Maybe another day.

Here are some photos:

948963A0 BFEB 44BF 957E 43CC94A9F0E6

With just stock headlights..
A94E93A5 0772 4474 8911 F9618C9EAF38

With stock headlights and 20" lightbar...
769DD131 0394 467B A141 087D32F58603

Snek

Snek

“Member” huh huh
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2021
Saint Augustine FL
Ownership

1. 500
Last weekend I installed a Nilight 20" led lightbar. I bought the kit with lightbar & wiring harness from Amazon. The kit seems to be of decent quality; but I can't speak to the durability. The wiring harness isn't long enough to run from the battery to the dash, where you mount the switch. It's about 18-24 inches too short. I figure the harness is based on the assumption that the battery is under the seat or under the hood, instead of under the bed. So if you get this kit, you will need connectors and 14 gage wire to extend it. The wire from the relay to the lights is plenty long. The connectors for the battery posts are too big of a diameter, so I cut those off and crimped on different ones. Once I had all of the parts and pieces, the installation was fairly straight forward. If I was more talented, I would wire it so it only comes on when ignition is on instead of directly to the battery. Maybe another day.

Here are some photos:

View attachment 282674

With just stock headlights..
View attachment 282675

With stock headlights and 20" lightbar...
View attachment 282676
There *should be* a plug under your hood, terminated with a red cap, that is live when your ignition is on. You can get the harness that plugs into this for like $15 on Amazon and run whatever of of it (the one I got splits to four accessories)

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
There *should be* a plug under your hood, terminated with a red cap, that is live when your ignition is on. You can get the harness that plugs into this for like $15 on Amazon and run whatever of of it (the one I got splits to four accessories)
I bought one of the sub-harnesses. Super easy to install and now I have some tie ins for other electrical items like winches and lights.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!