P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, wild or just feral....🤔

They are left on their own most of the year, but fed hay often through someone contracted to the state. In the Owens Valley they are an icon. They were used to haul sections of pipe for the aqueducts that feed water to Look s Angeles (John Mulholland) as well as used to pack out Golden Trout eggs that are brought down in old metal twist top milk containers packed in snow to be raised at My. Whitney fish hatchery. My father had made that trip a few times while working for CA DFG. Every Memorial weekend they even have Mule Days, which consists of a morning parade with mules pulling old wagons & fire "trucks" from days passed. Then a rodeo in Bishop CA where competitors come from many states.

We had a vacation trailer in a park in the valley for years near where the mules roamed. Every day or two they would come by & feed on grass & tree clippings thrown over the fence for them by residents there. But their favorite food is tabaco! If you feed just one a cigarette the rest will swarm you lol.

UpnorthP5

UpnorthP5

Sep 23, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 500
After 5 years and 1800 miles finally pick up some 27/9/12, 27/11/12 Tusk Terrabites on 4+3 Steelers for the 2016 P5.

FCE0C100 8E72 40BF 8A06 A464F6F3C08F 17E7272C B230 4430 A773 6AE93627A0C8

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Got some pics of that???

Not built. I’ll start a thread on the modifications and accessories forum when I do..

I have a Dusty Dawgs rear rack so it will go either on the driver side or rear of the rack.

….. I think. I’d prefer it up front on the bumper if possible. I’ll see when I start measuring. drilling, and cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got my Torq locker installed. took 5 or 6 hours of puttering around over a couple days, no rush.

ProTip: Spend the extra couple $$$ for a decent quality pin punch. I bent 2 harbor freight punches trying to get that little sucker out. Went to Menards, spent a whole $4.39 and had it apart in 1 whack.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got my Torq locker installed. took 5 or 6 hours of puttering around over a couple days, no rush.

ProTip: Spend the extra couple $$$ for a decent quality pin punch. I bent 2 harbor freight punches trying to get that little sucker out. Went to Menards, spent a whole $4.39 and had it apart in 1 whack.
You'll like it.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Survived another pdog trip to South Dakota. The little beast did great in the heat. Spent today changing oil, air filter, cleaning and giving it a good going over. Now only need to get everything put away from the trip. This was an outstanding pdog year. Normally where we go only one or two of the dog towns standout. This year everyone was a great shoot.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Installed new skidplate on the P5, and put e-track on the trailer over the weekend.

Surprising, to compare just how much bigger/better the SSS skidplate is VS stock.View attachment 278643
I'm not sure if you put it back on, but doesn't SSS specify to leave the factory metal plate in place?

Enjoy!

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
I'm not sure if you put it back on, but doesn't SSS specify to leave the factory metal plate in place?

Enjoy!
Metal plate under the engine no(far as I know), the front bash-plate yes. The very front end you heat up at the crease, and bend it up and 2 self-tapping screws later you have a spiffy front end.
Plus, the plastics are cracked in several places, and the metal plate is bent all to hell. I found a couple rocks on my first ride out. :eek:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!