P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I wish I could weld like that!

A question- why is it about 6” high and didn’t you go up to the lid on the tool box? It seems that higher would be better to keep coolers, fuel cans, tools or whatever from falling out?

..... asking for a friend.

Nice rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Finally joined the P5 Power Steering Club. Only took about an hour 45 min, counting in 1 beer break, 2 scuffed knuckle breaks (and a 2nd beer) and one "honey, I let the cat into the garage but didn't know you had the big door open, can you go find her please?" break.

Turns nice and easy while sitting still, can't go out to test it yet until I get the under-dash wiring redone.

Question about the bolts holding the motor mount to the frame, do you guys "tighten" it, or "TIGHTEN" it down? I got it pretty good, but don't want to have to worry about smacking tires into something on the trail and knocking it over a smidge and taking out my master cylinder. I have probably 1/4" of clearance at worst right now.

GAug440

GAug440

Apr 18, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. 500
New wheels and tires today, 26x9/12’s on Delta wheels. Looks much better, hope to get it out next weekend.View attachment 268466
Update... finally was able to do some trail riding today at a local ATV park, and the new tires are certainly an improvement over the stock tires. I’ll have to play with PSI a bit, but the’ edge’ has been knocked off for sure. The trails were dry, with some rocks and very small water crossings. Looking forward to getting out on real trails Memorial weekend.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
hallic

EPS -- Mounting

Security Blanket to - END Possible - ( moving or shifting )
Once you have it located & TiGHt
Install 1 or 2 Stainless Steel Self Taping Screws in the -- EPS Top mounting plate down through the Top ONLY of the cross member it's clamped on. ( little to NO loss of integrity of the cross member.
Use this method on any Clamped On item ( do Not want to shift ).

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
hallic

EPS -- Mounting

Security Blanket to - END Possible - ( moving or shifting )
Once you have it located & TiGHt
Install 1 or 2 Stainless Steel Self Taping Screws in the -- EPS Top mounting plate down through the Top ONLY of the cross member it's clamped on. ( little to NO loss of integrity of the cross member.
Use this method on any Clamped On item ( do Not want to shift ).
Ooohhh, that's a good idea, I'm gonna have to look into that.

Reactions: J80 and NTCPrezJB
Hib

Hib

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2021
Far N.E. Iowa
Ownership

1. 500
I wish I could weld like that!

A question- why is it about 6” high and didn’t you go up to the lid on the tool box? It seems that higher would be better to keep coolers, fuel cans, tools or whatever from falling out?

..... asking for a friend.

Nice rack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Easy access mostly. Never travel too far from home except occasional ride up the river to fish or to the neighbors to share a brew. Chainsaw, gallon of gas or the dog is all I needed room for.

Jevin

Jevin

Oct 2, 2019
Saint John, NB, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I took my 1 inch spacers from the back and put on the front. My new 1-1/2 spacers went on the back. Glad I have the mud guard on the bike and extensions on the rear. I also love the extra stability.

01DF0041 8EB1 4DD6 8B07 52B6441EAE8E 31245174 495D 41B3 BE5F 6A2279B29D60 F55EE88D 1844 45C3 88B8 9BE94FC4E020

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Did the reverse lever defeat this evening.
I have been wavering back and forth on this because I was worried about accidentally throwing it into reverse and screwing s*** up...but saw this video last night from AMR

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with it? I'm going to get it done tonight I think...

Jevin

Jevin

Oct 2, 2019
Saint John, NB, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, the fronts look ok. Not loving the tucked-in look of the tires on the rear though. Haven't scraped a tree yet. The pic above is on the tightest trail we run. Got through the tightest point ok, no damage, no scrape. Did scrape a front flare at one point, no damage.

I'm considering 1/2" or 1" spacers, but I'm just not sure I wanna push it out to about 55" wheel width (even though the body work is at 56"!). The rear look bugs me. I'm vain I guess. :confused:

View attachment 229944View attachment 229945
Yeah, the fronts look ok. Not loving the tucked-in look of the tires on the rear though. Haven't scraped a tree yet. The pic above is on the tightest trail we run. Got through the tightest point ok, no damage, no scrape. Did scrape a front flare at one point, no damage.

I'm considering 1/2" or 1" spacers, but I'm just not sure I wanna push it out to about 55" wheel width (even though the body work is at 56"!). The rear look bugs me. I'm vain I guess. :confused:

View attachment 229944View attachment 229945
I see you have the 27x9 inch bear claw htr on all four. How do you like them? Any rubbing? That’s what I plan on putting on mine soon. Love the look.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I see you have the 27x9 inch bear claw htr on all four. How do you like them? Any rubbing? That’s what I plan on putting on mine soon. Love the look.
They do look badass for sure!

@futzin I was going with 27s but think I need to drop down to 26s since I'll be running chains in the winter. Was going to run 4+3. Do you think you could fit chains on your current setup?

Last edited:
Reactions: J80 and NTCPrezJB
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
9s front, 11s rear. I love them, but not turf friendly if that's a concern. Look great on the machine, as you say.
Mine are mounted on 12" steelies, 4+3 offset. No rubbing at all; very happy!

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
They do look badass for sure!

@futzin I was going with 27s but think I need to drop down to 26s since I'll be running chains in the winter. Was going to run 4+3 spacers. Do you think you could fit chains on your current setup?

Good question, that's not a factor I had to consider when purchasing (Thank goodness :)).

I'll try to check on clearances tomorrow.

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
I was out jumping jackrabbits in the wind when I managed to sneak up on a big, fat grandaddy bobcat not 50 feet away. He didn't even run, just stood up & walked away. Very dark color & super dusty too.

Sorry, no pics, it happened way too fast. However, I am 99.99% positive it is the same one I saw 2 years s ago less than a mile from there. It was under a yucca & let me take pictures. Oh, it was I July & also 115° temp! After 15 minutes I walked up to it because I thought it might be injured. Like today, it just stood up & walked away.

Last edited:
Airboss122

Airboss122

Mar 26, 2021
Denver
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks to all that participate in the forum. I'm new to this group, due to purchasing my 1st ever SxS (P520) in March. I've been a Honda fan since I purchased a 2nd hand 1983 ATC185 back in 1987, and I've owned an ATC200X, ATC70, two TRX400EX, a CRF230L and an XR650L. Needless to say, I drank the Honda Kool-Aid, but I've never been disappointed with the reliability of their products.
I understand that the P520 being a new model will require new accessories, but since it's built primarily on the P500 design, I'm having some issues determining what after-market products are interchangeable between the P500 and the P520. One example of this was the A-Arm Guards for CV boot protection. It's been hard to find anyone that identifies them for the P520. I went on the Honda Accessories page and the part number they provide for the P520 Front A-Arm Guards is PART#: 08P70-HL5-A00, which is the same part number they have listed for the P5. The question I have for the forum is whether anyone can confirm if I can use a P5 A-Arm Guard for my P520?

Any guidance you can provide me as I head down the SxS experience would be appreciated.

Thanks
Airboss122

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks to all that participate in the forum. I'm new to this group, due to purchasing my 1st ever SxS (P520) in March. I've been a Honda fan since I purchased a 2nd hand 1983 ATC185 back in 1987, and I've owned an ATC200X, ATC70, two TRX400EX, a CRF230L and an XR650L. Needless to say, I drank the Honda Kool-Aid, but I've never been disappointed with the reliability of their products.
I understand that the P520 being a new model will require new accessories, but since it's built primarily on the P500 design, I'm having some issues determining what after-market products are interchangeable between the P500 and the P520. One example of this was the A-Arm Guards for CV boot protection. It's been hard to find anyone that identifies them for the P520. I went on the Honda Accessories page and the part number they provide for the P520 Front A-Arm Guards is PART#: 08P70-HL5-A00, which is the same part number they have listed for the P5. The question I have for the forum is whether anyone can confirm if I can use a P5 A-Arm Guard for my P520?

Any guidance you can provide me as I head down the SxS experience would be appreciated.

Thanks
Airboss122
Most stuff is the same. A-arms, front end geometry, most of the cab/ROPS (save for some structural gussets), rear suspension, most electronic stuff, etc.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!