P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
2 bolts into the junction where front and rear roll cage bolts together. That supports the weight. Not sure what I’ll do in the back to keep it from pivoting around those bolts.

Realistically, once it’s installed I’m not planning to take it off. I only pack light weight/ emergency gear up top for weight and it’s a pia to get stuff in and out. But I have it and figure I’ll use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I was thinking of it’s storage space but I’m afraid it to high and would catch on limbs and such.

1border4manu

1border4manu

Supporting Member
Jul 4, 2019
Zephyrhills, Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Went on a nice ride in Ocala National Forest.
20210423 125501
20210423 131456
20210423 104350

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Old Ironsides '21.
Added a couple things over this past winter, hood scoop, painted seats, under dash storage and nerfs. Two new batteries, new K&N filter, changed the gear oil in the diffs and a Honda full synthetic oil change. Did a thorough scrubbing on it today, Simple Green and a soft brush, lot of soap and water and wiping down. Finished off with some SC1, first time I've ever used it and it's the sh**! Turns the black plastics black again. It's not going to get any cleaner than this for the rest of the year so I took some glam shots.
Ready to ride.

SC1 2
SC1 1
SC1 3
SC1

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Old Ironsides '21.
Added a couple things over this past winter, hood scoop, painted seats, under dash storage and nerfs. Two new batteries, new K&N filter, changed the gear oil in the diffs and a Honda full synthetic oil change. Did a thorough scrubbing on it today, Simple Green and a soft brush, lot of soap and water and wiping down. Finished off with some SC1, first time I've ever used it and it's the sh**! Turns the black plastics black again. It's not going to get any cleaner than this for the rest of the year so I took some glam shots.
Ready to ride.

View attachment 268478View attachment 268480View attachment 268481View attachment 268482
Agree, that SC 1 is awesome. But made the mistake of putting it on my black Mustang dash. Sun now reflects like a mirror to the windshield. Soap and water wipe down and still hard to see.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The diamond plate I'm using is pretty thin, I can bend it with my aluminum brake. There are two layers on the front though and both Line X'd so it's pretty thick. I went through the bumper with the D rings right next to the frame with fat washers on the backside. Used a snatch block and the one on the passenger side to pull me out of a mudhole before, held up fine.

Bigtee

Bigtee

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2017
Grayson, KY
Ownership

1. 520

2. 1000-5
The diamond plate I'm using is pretty thin, I can bend it with my aluminum brake. There are two layers on the front though and both Line X'd so it's pretty thick. I went through the bumper with the D rings right next to the frame with fat washers on the backside. Used a snatch block and the one on the passenger side to pull me out of a mudhole before, held up fine.
Thank you sir, if I can bend what I have, I plan to install it the same.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Old Ironsides '21.
Ready to ride.

View attachment 268478View attachment 268480View attachment 268481View attachment 268482
Looking good trigger! I've used the SC1 on a couple of my 4-wheelers after recommendations on the forum. Works great. Sh*t is expensive, but worth it.

Agree, that SC 1 is awesome. But made the mistake of putting it on my black Mustang dash. Sun now reflects like a mirror to the windshield. Soap and water wipe down and still hard to see.
I have always used "Mothers Back to Black" on all my cars, trucks and ATVS black trim. It looks almost like new, without the gloss. A lot cheaper than SC1 too. Google "cheap" and it will probably bring up "silver alert". :)

Last edited:
LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
Old Ironsides '21.
Ready to ride.

wow, whats the gvw of that rig.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!