P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
That's an interesting place for the state forest line @lipcurl, right through your garage..;)

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Haha, got that off a downed tree where I used to hunt
Yeah we come across them once in a while out hunting too. I think my old man probably has one in his garage too. :)

lipcurl

lipcurl

Sep 21, 2016
Hamilton
How is the air intake noise???

Take more pics, from the side

IMG 0996
IMG 0997
IMG 0998

Nothing fancy, cut off the box and splash guard, reducer to 1.5" then 90 up and you can see the rest. Tied it together with a 2" rubber coupling. Fitted it all up then painted the pipe and installed permanent. Wanted to use 2" but it wouldn't fit between plastic bed and roll cage.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is noisier or same?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Can you get LED headlights ? If so, where would I find them ?

I replaced my bulbs with led's. Just plug and play. They throw about the same amount of light as the halogen's. Hard to tell with the snake eye covers on. Brighter white though to match the bar and pods.

advertisement
lwhite571

lwhite571

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2016
Central, IN
Ownership

1. 500
I replaced my bulbs with led's. Just plug and play. They throw about the same amount of light as the halogen's. Hard to tell with the snake eye covers on. Brighter white though to match the bar and pods.
Thanks, I'm going to see about getting some.

J

JTW

Where did you find them??

J

JTW

I added my roof and windshield tonight.. still lots to do! Try and get my wheels changed tomorrow or Saturday. And then I'll add my snorkel and run my winch while I have the rack off. Any suggestions on the last two items?

IMG 0695 IMG 0697 IMG 0699

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I added my roof and windshield tonight.. still lots to do! Try and get my wheels changed tomorrow or Saturday. And then I'll add my snorkel and run my winch while I have the rack off. Any suggestions on the last two items?

View attachment 24191 View attachment 24192 View attachment 24193
Man, that is looking good! I guess we should have expected that thing to get decked out so quickly.

Snorkel will be easy. You need a 2" Fernco, couple feet of 2" or 1.5" pvc, and a few elbows.

For the winch, there are a few threads with some pics. I took a few when I did mine. It's really easy on the P500.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Man, that is looking good! I guess we should have expected that thing to get decked out so quickly.

Snorkel will be easy. You need a 2" Fernco, couple feet of 2" or 1.5" pvc, and a few elbows.

For the winch, there are a few threads with some pics. I took a few when I did mine. It's really easy on the P500.
Thanks.. It's getting there. I've read about everything I could about these machines and the installs. So hopefully this last bit goes smoothly!

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Hardest part of the snorkel is deciding where to have the stack end up and how then to fasten it based on that. Other than that is super simple. Especially if you pull the rack and start at the air box. Literally 4 bolts and the tail light wire and it's off, with fenders attached and all.

J

JTW

Hardest part of the snorkel is deciding where to have the stack end up and how then to fasten it based on that. Other than that is super simple. Especially if you pull the rack and start at the air box. Literally 4 bolts and the tail light wire and it's off, with fenders attached and all.
You noticed it being louder with the intake up?

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
You noticed it being louder with the intake up?
It's a bit louder I guess.. Not in a bad way, the motor still drowns it out as soon as you start going. It just has a bit throatier noise at slow speed and idle. Mines probably a bit more noticeable being right next to my head, but like I said its not bad at all.

J

JTW

It's a bit louder I guess.. Not in a bad way, the motor still drowns it out as soon as you start going. It just has a bit throatier noise at slow speed and idle. Mines probably a bit more noticeable being right next to my head, but like I said its not bad at all.
I noticed a substantial difference in adding the roof and windshield!

Reactions: Jshell3 and rocmar
advertisement