P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
For me, it was about size, not cost.

Had Honda built a SxS the size of the 500/520 with a 1,000cc engine (or 700cc), I would have purchased that, lol
I just needed something smaller than the P1 or P7.

Mike
Pretty sure that's why most of us got what we did. I wanted to ride quad trails and wanted the reliability of a Honda. Also a small plow machine for the maneuverability. As for cost, I could have a Talon for what I have into this P5. :rolleyes:

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Pretty sure that's why most of us got what we did. I wanted to ride quad trails and wanted the reliability of a Honda. Also a small plow machine for the maneuverability. As for cost, I could have a couple Talon's for what I have into this P5. :rolleyes:
Fixed it for 'ya Bro 😜

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Had two large and long branches break off but hanging up in the tree. Some winch cable for a safe distance and a reverse tug put them on the ground. A potentially dangerous task made safe and simple with the P500.

5A215F9D 5960 461E A5EE AA4B3092976C

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
My wife and I moved some firewood today. Yesterday the 520 towed the log splitter over the hill and back so I could split a bunch of huge rounds. Then today it towed the cart to haul the split wood up to the shed. The 520 didn't even flinch towing the splitter back up the steep hill yesterday. Nor did it flinch when it went up the hill with a bed full of wood and towing the cart full of wood to the shed... six trips. What a great little machine.

The bed rails I installed a few weeks ago increased the bed capacity when hauling firewood. I can get an extra layer of wood in the bed.

7EB8371D 3A7C 425F 9E0A 019DC87CD5E7
6F02D0BE 6F6B 4613 AF8D A360B55232FF

advertisement
happyfred

happyfred

Mar 20, 2019
NY
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a pulley and hooked it up to the ceiling in my shop and used my SuperATV winch to lower a heavy exercise stepper down from the loft!
...i'm old and work smarter..not as harder..

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520

I just got set up with a couple new mounts one for the iPad for navigation as you can see. Looks like this arm will hold things a lot better. The other one is for an action camera that I just picked up. It was one of those things I wanted to have before we went to Wyoming for a trip but I just didn’t have enough time to get it done. DJI action2 and a couple small rig arms and mounts

It would’ve been super helpful when the bear ran in front of us on the trail. Both my wife and I were excited to see it and neither of us was quick enough to grab our camera

Last edited:
K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
I did some more work around the yard with mine today. I pulled out 4 small tree stumps along with a few tired that were buried in the dirt. I used a d ring mount in the Moose receiver with a heavy logging chain. The 500 did just fine pulling everything out.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I did some more work around the yard with mine today. I pulled out 4 small tree stumps along with a few tired that were buried in the dirt. I used a d ring mount in the Moose receiver with a heavy logging chain. The 500 did just fine pulling everything out.

Before I bought a tractor, I used a "Brush Grubber" to remove saplings/small roots.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!