P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well. What about the mirrors?
Meh or yea?

They're alright. I do hate the convex but i'm mainly looking at one point in each mirror.
Install was straight forward and they feel pretty rigid in regards to staying set.
The wife got in the passenger seat and said, where it was adjusted, she was looking at herself...
that should keep her occupied for a bit. :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They're alright. I do hate the convex but i'm mainly looking at one point in each mirror.
Install was straight forward and they feel pretty rigid in regards to staying set.
The wife got in the passenger seat and said, where it was adjusted, she was looking at herself...
that should keep her occupied for a bit. :D
I'm assuming that you'd prefer flat mirror, if so I would think that you could have that cut and replace the convex, maybe, maybe pricy.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm assuming that you'd prefer flat mirror, if so I would think that you could have that cut and replace the convex, maybe, maybe pricy.

Absolutely. I'm using them for backing up around obstacles, a flat mirrored image would be perfect.
I'll use them this year and see how I like them, if they suck I'll get better ones.

Reactions: Jshell3
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Absolutely. I'm using them for backing up around obstacles, a flat mirrored image would be perfect.
I'll use them this year and see how I like them, if they suck I'll get better ones.
I hear ya. Could you just replace the glass, or do you think you'll have to just buy new mirrors? If you do end up buying new ones, I'll buy those!

Reactions: trigger
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Put the Kolpin mirrors on and the plow...getting ready. View attachment 26490

Nice looking mirrors (and rig too), the Kolpins fold in yes? Thinking I'll get something for winter plowing too... my rear Lexan window gets pretty dusty too so would be nice to have mirrors. Been putting it off as I've not really seen any quality ones that fold and I like. I'm also afraid of mashing them off so if they fold right in would be awesome.

J

Jshell3

Nice looking mirrors (and rig too), the Kolpins fold in yes? Thinking I'll get something for winter plowing too... my rear Lexan window gets pretty dusty too so would be nice to have mirrors. Been putting it off as I've not really seen any quality ones that fold and I like. I'm also afraid of mashing them off so if they fold right in would be awesome.
They definitely fold and would be tough to break off... at least from a forward/reverse direction. Up/down (drop something on it) wouldn't be as forgiving.
I've got them. What about the plow makes mirrors so important?

J

Jshell3

I hope they work out for you. I feel slightly responsible for talking them up to you, now...:oops: but they DO COMPLIMENT the Serpent's overall looks!!!

Anyways. The plow is certainly wider than I was expecting. Wow!

P500's are tough machines!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: trigger
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
What about the plow makes mirrors so important?

Plow out the neighbourhood cul de sac, and rural farm property. I've (since last winter) installed a custom UHMW rear cab with Lexan window that gets dirty quickly and think it'll frost up too. Mirrors will make it easier and safer to negotiate around machinery and vehicles when plowing, specially in the dark. Least that's what I'm thinking... And the plow is a little wider at 66" so backing up with parked vehicles on the offside with limited view out a frosty window (even with excellent lights from VisionX) might be better with mirrors yes?

j

J

Jshell3

...rear cab with Lexan window that gets dirty quickly ...And the plow is a little wider at 66"

j
... ahhhh. You bet!!!
I live in Mississippi, so totally unfamiliar with snow... now if you'd said ICE. Ha!
Seriously, thanks for the explanation. I didn't know.

Reactions: JCart
advertisement
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, check out his channel , Merry Christmas :)))

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
I finally put the roof on the ol pioneer!

IMG 1195

advertisement