BOX1

P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
View attachment 15206
Thanks, Montecresto.

Here's our "Tank". Since that picture was taken, we've added a top, and a windshield. I have side mirrors on order. We are still pretty new to this side by side stuff. Fortunately, we have a lot of ATV trails outside of Grand Junction to play on.
Yep, they come naked as a Jay bird until we clothe them in accessories. Didn't know they'd let you ride all over abandoned mine sites. That's cool. Welcome here Reddfrogg! Keep the pics coming.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
welllllllll.... Bear Claw HTR's ordered.... STI HD4 wheels ordered..... Can't wait!!!! :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
welllllllll.... Bear Claw HTR's ordered.... STI HD4 wheels ordered..... Can't wait!!!! :)

FedEx and UPS will be fighting for a place to park in front of your house!!!!! Make sure you concentrate on work today now! ;)

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
FedEx and UPS will be fighting for a place to park in front of your house!!!!! Make sure you concentrate on work today now! ;)
haha! You don't even know how "on point" your comment is! Sunday afternoons I usually get the "monday anxiety" about coming back to work... Well after riding saturday, I decided to get this stuff ordered. So instead of anxiety yesterday, it was excitement to get my new shoes ordered this morning! I got in here early, ordered the wheels at 7:24 AM and called my tire guy (my dad) at 8:30 to make sure he got my tires ordered. Can't wait to get pics posted... I'm sure the new tires/wheels are going to transform this machine.

S

Sledge

haha! You don't even know how "on point" your comment is! Sunday afternoons I usually get the "monday anxiety" about coming back to work... Well after riding saturday, I decided to get this stuff ordered. So instead of anxiety yesterday, it was excitement to get my new shoes ordered this morning! I got in here early, ordered the wheels at 7:24 AM and called my tire guy (my dad) at 8:30 to make sure he got my tires ordered. Can't wait to get pics posted... I'm sure the new tires/wheels are going to transform this machine.
I can't hardly wait either, ehart!

But I'm going to. I'm a very careful buyer, and I know I'll get an objective and thoughtful review from you.

Can't pass up that opportunity.

So I'll wait...but don't be slow!

Joe

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I can't hardly wait either, ehart!

But I'm going to. I'm a very careful buyer, and I know I'll get an objective and thoughtful review from you.

Can't pass up that opportunity.

So I'll wait...but don't be slow!

Joe
I've been contemplating this decision for over a month... I think I have gathered enough info, and shopped around enough at this point. So I'm confident that I will be satisfied. But you know me, I never shut up. So you will surely hear from me after I get those meats installed. I'm hoping the wheels will be here Wednesday. I'll have the tires tomorrow. The damage (to my wallet) is done now, so now things will be moving much faster!

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Can't stop adding to mine. And it's your guys' fault. Just when I think I'm done someone posts something cool and you pull me back in. :D

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Haha
know the feelin..Bro
Hurry up....& wait.
waiting on sound bar
& mirrors,,,,sound barrier

Reactions: trigger
Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
Just off work and loaded the bike in my 2009 Dodge Ram... Wasn't sure it would fit cause it's small box but it's not to bad.

I added couple straps on each side cause I don't trust the cables for tailgate.

50 lbs in air bags and don't even know the bike is there. I am going to take off tailgate all together and have a bed extension made up very soon. 50bf09dff2b994474d6d76a5f57c21a8203b165d7f939dcc8363923d09d57a91D54a6665a450b5cd92c54614595c5d43 pic of ext I'm going to make up.... Got pic off google

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just off work and loaded the bike in my 2009 Dodge Ram... Wasn't sure it would fit cause it's small box but it's not to bad.

50 lbs in air bags and don't even know the bike is there. I am going to take off tailgate all together and have a bed extension made up very soon.View attachment 15267View attachment 15268View attachment 15269 pic of ext I'm going to make up.... Got pic off google

I've searched the web for something like that and nobody sells them anymore. You can get DG tailgate supports and leave the tailgate on. I have a set that I'll probably never use. I'm looking to pull a travel trailer with the P5 in the bed. There was a guy on this forum, @CptOvo that made up a rig using ramps in the bed but didn't post any dimensions. That is the system that I'm looking to duplicate.

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
I'm goin to have a fold up ramp on ext. something like this.54bef31691e48dccf91655fc702e5be5

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
Yes more room... Needs it longer, more because of snowmobile which is a 154 long. Half of the sled be's hanging out lol

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Image Image Took the beast out to a local lake today for some fishing with my nieces. Probable caught 30-40 rainbows in the 12-18 inch range, kept a couple nice ones for the grill tonight. Only issue was the bugs.....I feel like I donated at least a pint to the little blood suckers but oh well nothing's perfect.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
View attachment 15295 View attachment 15294 Took the beast out to a local lake today for some fishing with my nieces. Probable caught 30-40 rainbows in the 12-18 inch range, kept a couple nice ones for the grill tonight. Only issue was the bugs.....I feel like I donated at least a pint to the little blood suckers but oh well nothing's perfect.
Very nice. Trout fishing is my favourite! Cutthroat!! Were you fishing a natural or mm lake?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

50 lbs in air bags and don't even know the bike is there. I am going to take off tailgate all together and have a bed extension made up very soon.View attachment 15267View attachment 15268View attachment 15269 pic of ext I'm going to make up.... Got pic off google

Now that is too cool!

S

Sledge

If you're going to hang a trailer off of that unsupported 2' hitch extension, I strongly recommend solid 2" square steel, not heavy-wall tubing. Especially with weight on the platform.

And check EVERYTHING frequently. The forces on the receiver will still be excessive.

BTDT.

Call me crazy, but I think you need a pickup with an 8' bed.

Joe

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Joe's right, if you're going to haul much of a trailer at the same time, you may have difficulties, though I can't tell from the pics what the quality of that is. If you're just wanting to prevent damage to your tailgate and cables, for $60.00 you can buy steel support arms that install in seconds and take the weight off the cables.

DG Tailgate EX Support™ : Cabela's

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
If you're going to hang a trailer off of that unsupported 2' hitch extension, I strongly recommend solid 2" square steel, not heavy-wall tubing. Especially with weight on the platform.

And check EVERYTHING frequently. The forces on the receiver will still be excessive.

BTDT.

Joe

Would love to have a truck with 8 ft box, but that's not in the budget. When I go ahead with this build project it will be plenty strong

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

BTDT.

Joe
I considered a hitch extension, travel trailer only weighs 3300 lbs. Didn't consider it long...no uh uh.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!