P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

S

Sledge

The coastal bend is Texas. And it's closer to me than Galveston.

Everything I wrote was about the coastal bend of Texas. The Texas coast runs mostly E/W to Corpus Christi, and mostly N/S from there to Brownsville.

The transition is known as the coastal bend.

Joe
If anyone with a good boat wants to try salt, I'd be happy to show you some spots. I only fish artificials, but don't mind if you fish bait, as long as you don't mind me making fun of you. :)

Bait catches more fish, hands down. More trash, too. Stingrays and Lord knows whatall. Yuck.

I likely ain't as good as a $450 a day guide, but I can get you started, and I cost $450 a day less. Actually more than that. I don't need a $100 tip either. You will be allowed to buy the beer. :)

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If anyone with a good boat wants to try salt, I'd be happy to show you some spots. I only fish artificials, but don't mind if you fish bait, as long as you don't mind me making fun of you. :)

Bait catches more fish, hands down. More trash, too. Stingrays and Lord knows whatall. Yuck.

I likely ain't as good as a $450 a day guide, but I can get you started, and I cost $450 a day less. Actually more than that. I don't need a $100 tip either. You will be allowed to buy the beer. :)

Joe
Holy Moly, can I get the same deal on lake Ouachita???

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 15206
Thanks, Montecresto.

Here's our "Tank". Since that picture was taken, we've added a top, and a windshield. I have side mirrors on order. We are still pretty new to this side by side stuff. Fortunately, we have a lot of ATV trails outside of Grand Junction to play on.
I live in Grand Junction as well so let me know if you plan of putting A Arm Guards on you P5. I have a set of OEM guards I will make you a good deal on. The are almost new and I took them off only because I replace them with SSS Off Road guards and skid.

Alan

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You damn betcha you can! I'll have to insist on buying the beer, though.

Joe
Right on! Do you have the boat? I have a pontoon on Hamilton but I never bought a trailer because I never intended to take it off this lake, there's everything I need here. If you don't we can fish Hamilton, the water out of Ouachita feeds Hamilton, which feeds Catherine. All three are connected lakes probably 80-100 miles in length combined. I'll sweeten the deal. If you'd agree to fishing with me on Hamilton, I've got a guest house on the water next to mine, empty with your name on it!!!! I'm off to my New Mexico property for three weeks, but when I return, we'll get together if you're game. And as an added incentive, you could ride the Ouachita forest with the Red Wasp and the Yellow Jacket at the same time. Feature that.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I live in Grand Junction as well so let me know if you plan of putting A Arm Guards on you P5. I have a set of OEM guards I will make you a good deal on. The are almost new and I took them off only because I replace them with SSS Off Road guards and skid.

Alan
Alan, I'm interested in those if he's not! ;)

S

Sledge

Right on! Do you have the boat? I have a pontoon on Hamilton but I never bought a trailer because I never intended to take it off this lake, there's everything I need here. If you don't we can fish Hamilton, the water out of Ouachita feeds Hamilton, which feeds Catherine. All three are connected lakes probably 80-100 miles in length combined. I'll sweeten the deal. If you'd agree to fishing with me on Hamilton, I've got a guest house on the water next to mine, empty with your name on it!!!! I'm off to my New Mexico property for three weeks, but when I return, we'll get together if you're game. And as an added incentive, you could ride the Ouachita forest with the Red Wasp and the Yellow Jacket at the same time. Feature that.
Sounds good. Reckon we oughta take this off-forum before someone tells us to get a room.:eek:

I'll pm you my contact info.

Joe

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Alan, I'm interested in those if he's not! ;)
Ok MC, here are the pictures of them, I am asking $150 for the front and rear.. Price on Rocky Mountain ATV is $159 front and $140 rear for a cost of $298 so I think $150 is a great price. If he is not interested I would ask that you pay shipping.

alan
A Arm Guards 001
A Arm Guards 002
A Arm Guards 003
A Arm Guards 004

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sounds good. Reckon we oughta take this off-forum before someone tells us to get a room.:eek:

I'll pm you my contact info.

Joe
Lol, ok buddy.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Sounds good, I don't want to get into @Reddfrogg's way, but I'm back up if he doesn't need them. Thanks
Ok MC, if I don't hear from him in 2 or 3 days there are your next on the list and Joe comes after you.

Alan

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Got it muddy, then cleaned it up. Gotta love these plastic windshields. Dbed87822649789636cf574f2cf7abf8

Hard to show with a pic, but these scratches are getting really bad. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Got it muddy, then cleaned it up. Gotta love these plastic windshields. View attachment 15566

Hard to show with a pic, but these scratches are getting really bad. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HELLO....
no matter wat ya do....
they scratch. ..
GLASS.... I'm Savin up...Bro

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
HELLO....
no matter wat ya do....
they scratch. ..
GLASS.... I'm Savin up...Bro
Yeah I know. :(

Just whining.

Maybe someday I'll do that.

I think that a windshield made of the flexible plastic like the rear window would work pretty good. My friend had an Amish guy make a full soft cab for is Pioneer 700. That's what he did for his windshield and he really likes it. At least you could wipe mud off of it without ruining it. Paid the guy $400 for the whole cab. Come winter I will be thinking hard about calling that guy.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah I know. :(

Just whining.

Maybe someday I'll do that.

I think that a windshield made of the flexible plastic like the rear window would work pretty good. My friend had an Amish guy make a full soft cab for is Pioneer 700. That's what he did for his windshield and he really likes it. At least you could wipe mud off of it without ruining it. Paid the guy $400 for the whole cab. Come winter I will be thinking hard about calling that guy.

Yeah...I knew a guy that
did that....but he said he
got verdago......dizzy
from looking through
it....I'm gonna go glass
By next winter

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Image Just a few reds from dip netting last year.
Are there freshwater shrimp up there, AKfb?

Pink-fleshed trout are the only freshwater fish I care to eat, although there are many species I haven't been blessed with the opportunity to try.

I'm mostly an inshore saltwater kayak fisherman. Reds, specks, flounder. Yum.

Joe
No shrimp per say just small gray scud bugs in the lakes. We get lots of salmon, sockeye (reds) are my favorite followed by Coho (silvers) and Chinook (Kings), I throw pinks and chums back.....last year I put about 300 pounds of reds in the freezer....smoked salmon, cream cheese, and jalapeño jelly on crackers is one of my personal favorites.
When I lived in NC I kayak fished the inshore waterways a lot for specks and flounder. I trade moose meat with a buddy that lives in Homer for halibut, Alaskan spotted shrimp, and rock fish so we eat well.
I don't think I have bought any meat other then pork ribs and chicken in years.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 15568 Just a few reds from dip netting last year.
No shrimp per say just small gray scud bugs in the lakes. We get lots of salmon, sockeye (reds) are my favorite followed by Coho (silvers) and Chinook (Kings), I throw pinks and chums back.....last year I put about 300 pounds of reds in the freezer....smoked salmon, cream cheese, and jalapeño jelly on crackers is one of my personal favorites.
When I lived in NC I kayak fished the inshore waterways a lot for specks and flounder. I trade moose meat with a buddy that lives in Homer for halibut, Alaskan spotted shrimp, and rock fish so we eat well.
Very nice catch there fish!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ok MC, if I don't here from in in 2 or 3 days there are your next on the list and Joe comes after you.

Alan
Ok, just let me know what to do if you don't here from him. Thanks Alan.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 15568 Just a few reds from dip netting last year.

I know I don't belong in the P500 thread but since y'all are taking about reds, I figure I’d chime in.

This is a couple from my April trip to Louisiana.
84d503d29d34a8e9cec9b03e46d09189

And some more
F3e9ffc0578afd0322508489afebcace

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!