P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Two weeks ago went for a paddle fish trip, caught some suckers and rainbows, not paddle fish :(, and drove around farm in the canyon and we finally baptized our P500 :) , never drove in the water before.

My GF video compilations :), I think what she meant about the mud ,is how to get out from it :), anyway , enjoy :)

3. this is where I unexpectedly stuck

IMG 9339 IMG 9341 IMG 9344 IMG 9349 IMG 9368 IMG 9374

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Took a day off to do some landscaping.
E7120e8afe755bb2e519810e6922334f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter
S

Sledge

Two weeks ago went for a paddle fish trip, caught some suckers and rainbows, not paddle fish :(, and drove around farm in the canyon and we finally baptized our P500 :) , never drove in the water before.

My GF video compilations :), I think what she meant about the mud ,is how to get out from it :), anyway , enjoy :)

Cool pics, Solrus. I am severely limited on data, so couldn't watch the videos.

I'm curious about what one does with a paddlefish, though.

Are they good to eat?

Joe

S

Sledge

Man, I hate this crap with the new, "improved" program.

It sucks. Monrecresto pointed it out before; a reply post sometimes shows up in the quote box.

Other glitches too. Go back to what works until you have a fix for what was not broken, administrators.

Joe

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just borrowed it.... Got a lot done. Filled that little trailer with topsoil 3 times. It gets really heavy when full of dirt!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah yes, that little trailer that I like too!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Man, I hate this crap with the new, "improved" program.

It sucks. Monrecresto pointed it out before; a reply post sometimes shows up in the quote box.

Other glitches too. Go back to what works until you have a fix for what was not broken, administrators.

Joe
It'll be OK Joe!

Reactions: Sledge
advertisement
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Uploadfromtaptalk1464377357222
Uploadfromtaptalk1464377365451

Yes, I like it a lot, but mainly is its caviar I'm after for. It's black gold :). I also eat salmon caviar - red gold :).
Paddlefish Caviar

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

S

Sledge

View attachment 15945View attachment 15946

Yes, I like it a lot, but mainly is its caviar I'm after for. It's black gold :). I also eat salmon caviar - red gold :).
Paddlefish Caviar

Cool! I like caviar too.

Is the paddlefish population stable?

I don't reckon the Montana fish guys would allow harvest if it wasn't, but they look so prehistoric, I have to ask.

My first wife and I made a week-long canoe trip down the Missouri in the late 70s.

Had to paddle the whole way! That Big Muddy is a sloooow river!

I was used to rivers which supplied the downstream propulsion. :)

Joe

S

Sledge

Yes ,they give away 750 tags and only 500 are allowed to keep. The rest is catch and release.

Cool!

I fondly remember my years in Montana 40-some ago. I have visited all 50, and Montana remains my favorite.

Well, except for summer Alaska and the Big Island of Hawaii. But I wouldn't want to live in either.

Montana is still homeland, as Alaska and Hawaii are not, at least for me.

I was a young wildlife biology student and logger in Missoula in the late 70s.

Business and family and injury took me away, but I shall always cherish my time there.

Incessantly blathering Joe :)

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Image Decided I wanted ice cream so I went to the coffee stand about 6 miles from the house......best soft serve in the area. In my humble opinion this is the "best" way to get there my wife disagrees since I like to sling mud sometimes. But she was at work so I got to have some fun. Image Image Image

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Took my P500 in to the shop today to have some LED Light Pods installed and get some new tires. Also, changing out my Optical tilt out windshield for the Hardcoat one. Looks weird walking through the garage and not seeing it there! Hopefully it'll be back soon!!!

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Well, I have to brag on my "Honeybadger". I and one of my students were moving things around between the shop and the house. We were going to pull a 1988 Izuzu Troper II back to my house for the summer to leave the summer maintenance crew more room to mow, paint, etc. He was going to steer/brake in the Izuzu, while I pulled him to my drive way with my P500. As we started down the hill, everything seemed fine until about halfway down. The Izuzu slammed into my rear, turning me sideways. I stood on the brakes, and managed to bring everything to a halt about 50-75 yards past the bottom of the hill, the Izuzu "locked" into my rearend the whole way. My student got out saying that there were no brakes at all on the Trooper. Upon inspection, the poor kid had been pumping the clutch pedal. When I went to inspect the damage to my P500, I was very impressed. My Hi-Lift jack, mounted on my rear bumper, had taken the hit. Other than a few scratches, and a small ding on the tip of my muffler, the P500 was untouched. The Trooper, however, is missing a fog lamp, a headlight, and half a grill. My student was so upset about ramming me, but other than frightening me a little about having a "runaway", there was really no harm done. These P500s are tougher than $2 steaks! Can't say enough about how much I like mine. The most impressive thing was that it had enough braking power to shut both it, and a midsize SUV, down on a fairly steep, curvy hill. Not scared at all about small trailers in the mountains, now. Ha!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well, I have to brag on my "Honeybadger". I and one of my students were moving things around between the shop and the house. We were going to pull a 1988 Izuzu Troper II back to my house for the summer to leave the summer maintenance crew more room to mow, paint, etc. He was going to steer/brake in the Izuzu, while I pulled him to my drive way with my P500. As we started down the hill, everything seemed fine until about halfway down. The Izuzu slammed into my rear, turning me sideways. I stood on the brakes, and managed to bring everything to a halt about 50-75 yards past the bottom of the hill, the Izuzu "locked" into my rearend the whole way. My student got out saying that there were no brakes at all on the Trooper. Upon inspection, the poor kid had been pumping the clutch pedal. When I went to inspect the damage to my P500, I was very impressed. My Hi-Lift jack, mounted on my rear bumper, had taken the hit. Other than a few scratches, and a small ding on the tip of my muffler, the P500 was untouched. The Trooper, however, is missing a fog lamp, a headlight, and half a grill. My student was so upset about ramming me, but other than frightening me a little about having a "runaway", there was really no harm done. These P500s are tougher than $2 steaks! Can't say enough about how much I like mine. The most impressive thing was that it had enough braking power to shut both it, and a midsize SUV, down on a fairly steep, curvy hill. Not scared at all about small trailers in the mountains, now. Ha!
Thankfully neither of you were injured!!! It could have been much worse!!! Thank you for sharing. I too have been impressed with the brakes. They have a good feel - not too touchy. And the rotors are very thick and heavy compared to brakes I've seen on other SxS machines. Good thing you have that Hi-lift on the back.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Yeah, seeing @JACKAL's build inspired me. Haven't thought much about bumpers, except as "brackets"for accessories. Might rethink that stance. The jack and bumper saved me from any further damage.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!