P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
A6055ae1ba4cf158adf1815d13de087a210966bece57fe2b9b27cef0cb548ce02c6406d4ebe303896e0783fd1d0934c52b9909c4a9cdaf263548b07690a6218109bc0df861fed096d579a35411507ca95763c5e116259fe12da7316a14624cbe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Very nice. Trout fishing is my favourite! Cutthroat!! Were you fishing a natural or mm lake?
Natural....up here in Alaska we don't have many man made lakes nature supplied us with a bounty, I have several hundred within a 2-3 hour drive of me that all have rainbows, dolly varden, pike, and grayling in them. I kinda just pick which one I want to go to and head out. Can't wait kings are starting to come in and I hope to pick a few up next week.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Natural....up here in Alaska we don't have many man made lakes nature supplied us with a bounty, I have several hundred within a 2-3 hour drive of me that all have rainbows, dolly varden, pike, and grayling in them. I kinda just pick which one I want to go to and head out. Can't wait kings are starting to come in and I hope to pick a few up next week.
Very nice, sounds like Minnesota, I noticed you didn't mention Walleye though.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Haha, I thought mama was taking the pic.
Can't get her to ride much at all. I buy a buggy with a seat for her, and she is too scared to ride. I did make her drive me somewhere the other night, but it just isn't her thing I guess. Oh well. Luckily, seems like there's always someone that wants to ride shotgun.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Can't get her to ride much at all. I buy a buggy with a seat for her, and she is too scared to ride. I did make her drive me somewhere the other night, but it just isn't her thing I guess. Oh well. Luckily, seems like there's always someone that wants to ride shotgun.
That's too bad, truly. If I mention riding, mines in her seat before I am.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Nope no walleye up here, I have fished for them in Minnesota when my wife's grandpa lived there.
I love eating walleye, don't really have it in the south. I fished for that and Pike in Minnesota myself. While pike was a blast to catch, I didn't care to eat it much. Cutthroat in Montana was the deal, guess you don't have that in AK either. What about brown and brook trout in the streams. I'd sure love to see more pics of your fishing adventures!

S

Sledge

Nope no walleye up here, I have fished for them in Minnesota when my wife's grandpa lived there.
Are there freshwater shrimp up there, AKfb?

Pink-fleshed trout are the only freshwater fish I care to eat, although there are many species I haven't been blessed with the opportunity to try.

I'm mostly an inshore saltwater kayak fisherman. Reds, specks, flounder. Yum.

Joe

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Are there freshwater shrimp up there, AKfb?

Pink-fleshed trout are the only freshwater fish I care to eat, although there are many species I haven't been blessed with the opportunity to try.

I'm mostly an inshore saltwater kayak fisherman. Reds, specks, flounder. Yum.

Joe
Ok Joe, now that's a whole other deal. And I'll heartily agree that salt water fish is superior to fresh. But when we're far removed from the coastal region, we catch what we can. And if you've not had Crappie or Walleye, I suggest you give it a go while you're waiting for your next ocean fishing adventure, both from colder water though, not that Texas muck, with the exception of Lake Fork perhaps.

S

Sledge

Ok Joe, now that's a whole other deal. And I'll heartily agree that salt water fish is superior to fresh. But when we're far removed from the coastal region, we catch what we can. And if you've not had Crappie or Walleye, I suggest you give it a go while you're waiting for your next ocean fishing adventure, both from colder water though, not that Texas muck, with the exception of Lake Fork perhaps.
I'm not far from Fork. It's rep as a huge bass lake ruins it for a guy like me.

100mph metalflake streamline "fishing boats" screaming everywhere. I'm not sure they'd even notice if they ran me over in my kayak.

"Whut wuzzat, Bubba?"

"Whut wuz whut, Cooder?"

Joe

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm not far from Fork. It's rep as a huge bass lake ruins it for a guy like me.

100mph metalflake streamline "fishing boats" screaming everywhere. I'm not sure they'd even notice if they ran me over in my kayak.

"Whut wuzzat, Bubba?"

"Whut wuz whut, Cooder?"

Joe
Actually, that lake has lots of fingers with dead trees sticking out all over the place, a refuge for the man on a kayak where the metaflakes can only troll. Your just 6 hours from Galveston though! :)

S

Sledge

Actually, that lake has lots of fingers with dead trees sticking out all over the place, a refuge for the man on a kayak where the metaflakes can only troll. Your just 6 hours from Galveston though! :)[/QUOTE

Galveston? Nah. Too close to Houston. Too many people, and too many of them are affluent, entitled city people in a hurry. Just like Fork.

Better fishing and a little less crowded on the coastal bend.

Matagorda Bay alone could keep a man busy for a lifetime, fishing a new place every week.

Powderhorn Lake is my favorite for catching; the crystal-clear flats around Rockport/Aransas Pass for fishing.

Stalking fish! I'm not good at it, but I love trying. Seeing an 8# redfish before he sees me, and tricking him onto my stringer doesn't happen often, but often enough to keep me at it.

Joe

Oops. Got my post in the quote box again.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oops. Got my post in the quote box again.
Funny man! I was just mentioning the closest to you. For sure there's the Florida Keys.

S

Sledge

Funny man! I was just mentioning the closest to you. For sure there's the Florida Keys.
The coastal bend is Texas. And it's closer to me than Galveston.

Everything I wrote was about the coastal bend of Texas. The Texas coast runs mostly E/W to Corpus Christi, and mostly N/S from there to Brownsville.

The transition is known as the coastal bend.

Joe

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The coastal bend is Texas. And it's closer to me than Galveston.

Everything I wrote was about the coastal bend of Texas. The Texas coast runs mostly E/W to Corpus Christi, and mostly N/S from there to Brownsville.

The transition is known as the coastal bend.

Joe
Geography teacher too eh?? Ok, I did 12 years in Texas, I'm intimate with the coastline. I just thought that sense distance seemed no problem for you that you might as well fish the best, you big kidder you!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!