P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@solrus, I'm still trying to find it so I can post it for you. I saw (somewhere) a video where a guy made rubber tracks that he'd lay out flat and drive onto. Then he would deflate his tires, then pull the two track ends together and connect them, then he would inflate tires to max psi and drive off over the snow. If/when I find it, I'll get it to you.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@solrus, I'm still trying to find it so I can post it for you. I saw (somewhere) a video where a guy made rubber tracks that he'd lay out flat and drive onto. Then he would deflate his tires, then pull the two track ends together and connect them, then he would inflate tires to max psi and drive off over the snow. If/when I find it, I'll get it to you.
IMG 20170126 194754774

I'm planning to make two things, wedge snow plow just enough to make a trail for p500 and then make similar concept tracks.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Many thanks. I haven't bought mine yet, but I'm in the market, and gathering ideas, so when I get mine, I can hit the road running. Thanks
Made my box so the rear sticks out just a bit beyond the rear to serve as a bumper to prevent body/muffler hit if backing up in woods. Also have a gap behind the cab cage for access to the rear window zipper.

IMG 3591

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Made my box so the rear sticks out just a bit beyond the rear to serve as a bumper to prevent body/muffler hit if backing up in woods. Also have a gap behind the cab cage for access to the rear window zipper.

View attachment 32411
Good job on that box!!

lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

View attachment 32411

Nice looking job!

Lonewolf, is ready to start accessorizing too, but no P500 in my possession yet. :(
Might have to make a box/basket for my foreman, just for practice, lol ....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Nice looking job!

Lonewolf, is ready to start accessorizing too, but no P500 in my possession yet. :(
Might have to make a box/basket for my foreman, just for practice, lol ....
Hey, did you miss Jshell's post yesterday?

Reactions: Jshell3
lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey, did you miss Jshell's post yesterday?

No, I did see it, and also saw it on Craigslist too. Looks like he sold it today. Someone got a good deal on a nice P500!

I have held off, trying to decide on whether or not, I want the 2017, on count of the AT mode, and I'm leaning that way. Although, I'll probably use the MT mode 90% of the time.

Yea, he sold a really nice one, that he had personally built the way he liked it. I kind of look forward to doing the same. I want to buy one, bone stock, and customize it, and do the work myself too.

Lonewolf Will be in the game soon.:)

Last edited:
H

HEM

Dec 8, 2016
Texarkana,Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Good evening to the room. Well got my first oil change today They did have to re-adjust the values a little to tight. Maybe next time I will get dirty an do the job myself . Ready to go some more.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Good evening to the room. Well got my first oil change today They did have to re-adjust the values a little to tight. Maybe next time I will get dirty an do the job myself . Ready to go some more.
Welcome to the forum. It's hard to charge for a valve adjustment if the valves weren't adjusted. Sorry, just the sceptic in me.:D

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

Jshell3

No, I did see it, and also saw it on Craigslist too. Looks like he sold it today. Someone got a good deal on a nice P500!

I have held off, trying to decide on whether or not, I want the 2017, on count of the AT mode, and I'm leaning that way. Although, I'll probably use the MT mode 90% of the time.

Yea, he sold a really nice one, that he had personally built the way he liked it. I kind of look forward to doing the same. I want to buy one, bone stock, and customize it, and do the work myself too.

Lonewolf Will be in the game soon.:)
Don't worry @lonewolf ... I don't have a Pioneer either. So you and I are in the same boat.
Bone stock and build yourself. Absolutely. :cool:
Good luck.

advertisement
lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Don't worry @lonewolf ... I don't have a Pioneer either. So you and I are in the same boat.
Bone stock and build yourself. Absolutely. :cool:
Good luck.

Yea, that's part of the fun, and feeling of accomplishment, taking one from scratch, and building it. However, yours was very similar, to what I am wanting to do. I really like the toolbox/basket combo! I have been eyeing a few set up that way, and I like it. Also, having all of the lighting, switches, and wiring, already done, would have been a really nice bonus. That's not my strong suit. I may have to get some forum help on that one.

I'm really excited to get one, although, I'm still wondering if I should wait till the 2018 changes are at least announced before I buy one. My timeline, is to have a P500 bought, and basically set up the way I want by next hunting season, so I do have time. I could even wait for the no tax weekend, and save some $, but September is a long ways off! Just not sure if I can handle waiting that long mentally, lol!

I do have 2 Honda Foremans, and going to sell one, before long, so I'm not exactly walking.:) Ready to get a SxS though!

Good luck with your new P1000, I'm sure your going to like it, and I look forward to following the build!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jshell3
chrisC

chrisC

Lifetime Member
Jul 4, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Years and years ago when i had a Honda 200E trike ,I would use old snowmobile tracks. I'd deflate the rear tires and push on the tracks that were joined together using clothesline wire.After pushing them on to the rear tires....just inflate.They would stay there.
I could run circles around my fellow trike riders with that setup just by using old Elan tracks!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Years and years ago when i had a Honda 200E trike ,I would use old snowmobile tracks. I'd deflate the rear tires and push on the tracks that were joined together using clothesline wire.After pushing them on to the rear tires....just inflate.They would stay there.
I could run circles around my fellow trike riders with that setup just by using old Elan tracks!
That's cool, I'd say the video I've seen was you, but it wasn't a three wheeler. Love the ingenuity.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement