BOX1

P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now its got a pulse! How'd you like those Honda clamps...easy breezy huh?
It took me a little while to tweak everything into place, but I'm definitely digging it. I just took it out for a trail ride to check everything out for stability etc. I like the W-shield closed because there's less glare but, airflow is reduced tremendously. I like it open for the incredible inflow of air but there's more glare and external reflection. I also noticed some very small scratches at the base on the inside, but I'm gonna call RMATV tomorrow to see what they want to do. I'm partial to let it go and just keep it, but I wanted to make mention of it. the SuperATV W-shield was my other choice but because the whole bottom part isn't hard coated and difficulty to access the trunk swayed me to this W-shield. I also installed the rear fabric panel which is a nice addition and I'm assuming it'll reduce the dust vortex? On one of the upper corners, they accidentally put in two buckles instead of just one and a strap. the straps and the side Velcro loops are woefully inadequately short and difficult to put together in a small space behind the bench seat. The two upper center straps are extraordinarily long. Definitely got past the quality control inspectors somehow. It's much warmer inside with the shield down but there's also a slight reduction in cab noise. I'm thinking an eventual heat and noise dampening upgrade sometime in the future.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It took me a little while to tweak everything into place, but I'm definitely digging it. I just took it out for a trail ride to check everything out for stability etc. I like the W-shield closed because there's less glare but, airflow is reduced tremendously. I like it open for the incredible inflow of air but there's more glare and external reflection. I also noticed some very small scratches at the base on the inside, but I'm gonna call RMATV tomorrow to see what they want to do. I'm partial to let it go and just keep it, but I wanted to make mention of it. the SuperATV W-shield was my other choice but because the whole bottom part isn't hard coated and difficulty to access the trunk swayed me to this W-shield. I also installed the rear fabric panel which is a nice addition and I'm assuming it'll reduce the dust vortex? On one of the upper corners, they accidentally put in two buckles instead of just one and a strap. the straps and the side Velcro loops are woefully inadequately short and difficult to put together in a small space behind the bench seat. The two upper center straps are extraordinarily long. Definitely got past the quality control inspectors somehow. It's much warmer inside with the shield down but there's also a slight reduction in cab noise. I'm thinking an eventual heat and noise dampening upgrade sometime in the future.

The seats pop out super easy too. The more wrench time you get with it you'll come to realize that this machine is simple and easy to work on. I've had mine torn down several times. Looks good Gnome!

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Working on a name...that's awesome! This thing's your buddy and needs a name. Mine's changed names a few times and I have kicked around several more. ;)
I Gnome where I'm gonna go with this....where can I get a tactical gnome sticker?

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ht shaun thorsson gnomes 5 ll 12100 2 wmain
Il fullxfull406758372 q663
30cbcba748999d3fc280b40e41c17578

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Rear panel straps seemed short too until I read directions and re-routed. A bit confusing. Looking good! Richochet Rock sliders something to think about in the future with those plastic floorboards. Hated to hear those stick slaps until they were installed. Good posts on those.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Met an out of town couple on the trails today riding a red 2016 P500 at Houston Valley OHV. Told them about how helpful members are on Hondasxs.com. Hope they join up. Also picked up 20+ empty water bottles and beer cans along the trails, irks me....

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Believe the long ones are to tie it off
...when rolled up..
it's backdraft...
no QC....in korea...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!