P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 309047

Here we go on the lamest post to this thread ever: Due to the storms that rolled through the northern plains yesterday, I decided to take my P520 and put it in one of the storage rooms downstairs. Much safer in the basement than in the garage.

Rob

So you left the Ferrari parked in the garage and moved the pioneer to safety! Wow, that's impressive! 👍 I hereby nominate you for "The P5 Owner of the Month" award. 🏆

Notthouse22

Notthouse22

May 1, 2021
Fernley
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I installed new shoes and a glove box. All mods installed easily and made the little Pioneer a slightly better vehicle.

The glove box is from Crossroads 3D. Great fit and finish. Installed easily without drama in about 30 minutes. I highly recommend this set up for storage at your fingertips. 👍

Tires and wheels are 26 inch Tusk Mud Force tires on Delta Steel ITP wheels. The whole set up was ordered from Rocky Mountain and arrived within a day and a half. 💥 I am super pleased with their products and customer service.

I went with 26x9x12 front and 26x11x12 rear with a 5-2 offset wheel. This increased the width of the Pioneer by 2 inches front and rear (52 inch front and 51.5 rear). As for weights of the new tires/wheels, each wheel/tire was about 9 pounds heavier for a net gain of about 36 pounds counting all four corners of the vehicle.

Lastly, as expected, I gained one inch ground clearance and overall height.
First gear is more usable, acceleration seems about the same and top speed increased just under three mph. Traction is better than stock and tires run smoothly on hard-pack, gravel, and asphalt. I cannot comment about durability or mud or rocks yet.

CB96CABE A38D 4742 9F26 8F3535C484B9 35779A27 8612 4B24 8C8E 48E5086B2B70 EBC08A6B 563C 4E1A 97C6 E62F316687B7 CDD5319B 6CB6 4086 988D 4DD265C4FA8C 80E48C6E BBEC 481D A9C4 D14470FB5559

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Little clean up yet, trim off the stock hangers with zip cut and reassemble. This muffler was retrofitted from a 2015 Honda foreman, comes with a short slip on pipe I didn’t use. Previous to this I had removed the cat, ran a short extension of 2” OD stainless to an aftermarket short LOUD muffler. Finally got round to this one which is a slip on that slides onto the 2” OD pipe. Only idled so far seems quieter and deeper toned.

Big Gun Exhaust 07-1272 ECO Utility Silver Slip On Exhaust for Honda
View attachment 308059

Removed muffler View attachment 308060
0136FD3E 636E 42AF B3F4 AA34AE0675EB
Ready for the wild… was kinda fretting how far it would stick out, fits good. Sound wise much deeper then other one for sure. I’ve really only idled it though, currently storing at a buddy’s property and he is using to plough snow. We nearly had to leg wrestle for who would plough his place…. Hahahaa left him at it.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Little clean up yet, trim off the stock hangers with zip cut and reassemble. This muffler was retrofitted from a 2015 Honda foreman, comes with a short slip on pipe I didn’t use. Previous to this I had removed the cat, ran a short extension of 2” OD stainless to an aftermarket short LOUD muffler. Finally got round to this one which is a slip on that slides onto the 2” OD pipe. Only idled so far seems quieter and deeper toned.

Big Gun Exhaust 07-1272 ECO Utility Silver Slip On Exhaust for Honda
View attachment 308059

Removed muffler View attachment 308060
View attachment 309655Ready for the wild… was kinda fretting how far it would stick out, fits good. Sound wise much deeper then other one for sure. I’ve really only idled it though, currently storing at a buddy’s property and he is using to plough snow. We nearly had to leg wrestle for who would plough his place…. Hahahaa left him at it. The chains I scrounged out of my local landfill and cut down to fit. Heh.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I just finished up installing the plow on my 520 but have to figure where to put the winch switch.
Snowing good now so maybe will use it soon..
Consider a $20 wireless remote and velcro it in an easy to reach spot, then you also have it for away from the SxS when on the trail or doing chores. Have you done the reverse lever adjustment to eliminate the need to pull the handle (if the P520 is the similar to the P500)?

49north

49north

Jan 9, 2021
Daisy WA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I mounted the switch on lower dash near reverse lever which is easy to operate and out of the way unless one is riding shotgun. Will look into the reverse mod though at times I find myself doing more and more circles and avoiding backing up..

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Reactions: SILVER_ALERT
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
At least you can fit cars in yours! Nice Mustang btw. :cool:
Hey, when’s that Mustang going to be on the road again? If I’d have known you had that at home I would have sooner met you there for dinner instead of the castle….😂
I bought that for the wife in about 1980. Its a 1966. She was jealous because I had a 68. She tired of it pretty quickly, because it was not as fun to drive as she thought it would be. I started a restoration in about 1985 and lost interest. Has not moved since then. It has one unique feature. It is equipped with what was once called the "least popular" option ever offered on a Mustang. A bench seat. Who the heck wanted to pay extra $$ for a bench seat in a sporty car that came standard with bucket seats;).

Monte, I think it is the same color blue as your Falcon.

This pic is not my car, but the interior color is the same as mine.
Bench seat

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Took the machine to one of our favorite riding places we call the mountain. It's a climb and descent through about every situation you could think of. There's some wide trails for the bigger machines and several quad trails. All have long hill climbs, whoops, mud, rocks, tight switch backs and low hangers. You're going to get bumps and bruises regardless of how you drive and honestly, everything I've done to Ironsides was to conquer this trail.
We were sitting at the bottom, where everyone gathers, munching on some leftover chicken the wife brought. She puts it in one of those disposable bread pans and wraps it in foil. (Tuck it behind the shield and it keeps it warm.) Anyway, there was some ass clown and his mean ol' hound dog down there standing on a stump, hollering at everybody that he'd bet anything that his sxs could beat any other up and down that mtn. He was an evil looking bastard too, small goatee and I swore he had fangs, but you'll find some bad dental work when you get into these areas of backwoods. I took a look at his machine, don't know what it was but it looked big and fast and had shiny gold nerf bars on it. I was checking those out, looked just like mine but with a longer front tube, was pondering how easy it'd be to cut and fit them on mine. He kept flapping his jaws and it was really getting out of hand, insulting people and being rude. Told him to pipe down or I'd smoke his ass up and down that mtn. He started yelling directly at me, telling me to put my money where my mouth was. Told him there was nothing he had worth anything to me, other than maybe those nerf bars. He said "you're on and I'll race you for those boots". My boots? They're brand new Irish Setters that the wife just bought me for Christmas. Would've said no way, and I know I shouldn't let it, but his jabs and insults got under my skin. I told him "it's on"! Felt the wife poke me in the ribs, turned to her giving me a glare and said that if I lost those boots I was cut off for a month.
When I brought the P5 up to the line, he and his minions were yukking it up. No way was that junk ass little Honda going to beat his turbo'd racer with 20" of suspension travel. What he didn't know is that the 50" trails cut quite a bit of distance off the run so I had a legitimate shot. When we fired up the machines sparks flew from his snorkel tips and it was intimidating but I had too much riding on it to be scared. When the shotgun went off he threw rooster tails bigger than I'd ever seen. He was way ahead of me when I broke off into the quad trails. The extended A arms and BH 28's gave me the clearance I needed to get through the rocks and deep mud. The WE's ate up the whoops and when I took it airborne. The HMF, K&N and Dobeck were giving me that mid range power I needed and the torq locker was chewing its way through everything. Never been through there that fast and the nerfs really saved my hide, bouncing and sliding off trees, they kept me from getting hung up. It did take its toll on them though, bending one of them really bad.
When I came screaming into that last stretch I could hear him behind me. He came rolling in with his head hung low, he knew he'd been beat. His minions unbolted the gold nerf bars and were apologizing as they loaded them in my bed. Told him I'd be around if he ever wanted to try it again but "don't forget you sum b****, this is the best 50" sxs there's ever been".

P.S. Bolted the new nerfs on, looked just like the old ones except gold. Didn't care for the color contrast so painted em black. 😏

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Took the machine to one of our favorite riding places we call the mountain. It's a climb and descent through about every situation you could think of. There's some wide trails for the bigger machines and several quad trails. All have long hill climbs, whoops, mud, rocks, tight switch backs and low hangers. You're going to get bumps and bruises regardless of how you drive and honestly, everything I've done to Ironsides was to conquer this trail.
We were sitting at the bottom, where everyone gathers, munching on some leftover chicken the wife brought. She puts it in one of those disposable bread pans and wraps it in foil. (Tuck it behind the shield and it keeps it warm.) Anyway, there was some ass clown and his mean ol' hound dog down there standing on a stump, hollering at everybody that he'd bet anything that his sxs could beat any other up and down that mtn. He was an evil looking bastard too, small goatee and I swore he had fangs, but you'll find some bad dental work when you get into these areas of backwoods. I took a look at his machine, don't know what it was but it looked big and fast and had shiny gold nerf bars on it. I was checking those out, looked just like mine but with a longer front tube, was pondering how easy it'd be to cut and fit them on mine. He kept flapping his jaws and it was really getting out of hand, insulting people and being rude. Told him to pipe down or I'd smoke his ass up and down that mtn. He started yelling directly at me, telling me to put my money where my mouth was. Told him there was nothing he had worth anything to me, other than maybe those nerf bars. He said "you're on and I'll race you for those boots". My boots? They're brand new Irish Setters that the wife just bought me for Christmas. Would've said no way, and I know I shouldn't let it, but his jabs and insults got under my skin. I told him "it's on"! Felt the wife poke me in the ribs, turned to her giving me a glare and said that if I lost those boots I was cut off for a month.
When I brought the P5 up to the line, he and his minions were yukking it up. No way was that junk ass little Honda going to beat his turbo'd racer with 20" of suspension travel. What he didn't know is that the 50" trails cut quite a bit of distance off the run so I had a legitimate shot. When we fired up the machines sparks flew from his snorkel tips and it was intimidating but I had too much riding on it to be scared. When the shotgun went off he threw rooster tails bigger than I'd ever seen. He was way ahead of me when I broke off into the quad trails. The extended A arms and BH 28's gave me the clearance I needed to get through the rocks and deep mud. The WE's ate up the whoops and when I took it airborne. The HMF, K&N and Dobeck were giving me that mid range power I needed and the torq locker was chewing its way through everything. Never been through there that fast and the nerfs really saved my hide, bouncing and sliding off trees, they kept me from getting hung up. It did take its toll on them though, bending one of them really bad.
When I came screaming into that last stretch I could hear him behind me. He came rolling in with his head hung low, he knew he'd been beat. His minions unbolted the gold nerf bars and were apologizing as they loaded them in my bed. Told him I'd be around if he ever wanted to try it again but "don't forget you sum b****, this is the best 50" sxs there's ever been".

P.S. Bolted the new nerfs on, looked just like the old ones except gold. Didn't care for the color contrast so painted em black. 😏
Rotflmao….sounds like the devil went down to Georgia.
You’re always dependable for a good story trigger….😎👍

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

LOVE.. LOVE.. LOVE IT! Glad to hear the nerf bars are still out there kicking tail and congrats on the win. 🤣

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Got a call from a non- electro/ mechanical friend with a 2017 P5 that’s Warn winch was dead. In an unheated garage at 1 degree we had to take the whole front bumper/ plow assembly off to get to it. Under normal conditions it would have been easier.

One battery connection was all rusted up. Used a rifle cleaning brush and Coca Cola to dissolve the rust (it’s scary I used to drink that stuff) and it worked perfectly. I told him to spray the connections with battery terminal coating before pushing the boots back and reinstalling.

I’m surprised Warn tech support didn’t suggest looking at the terminals when he called.

Fbd8871fb228d45570c9af7cfcc4287f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!