P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
]
So questions I'm going to ask eventually so I might as well ask now..
Did you get them yet.
Do they bolt right up, if not what mods did you have to do to get them to work.
How wide did it make you.
Do you like them.
How strong/tuff do they seem.
Pictures man pictures.
I'm sure there'll be more but that all I can think of now.

Haven't got them yet but when I do I'll give a full report.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Trying to make sense of the P520 sub harness, compared to the P500 one. Maybe they now provide a plug with 4 connections and this is just an extension to reach the accessory.

EE0960B4 A4B1 4A59 9D00 D74EBB140C33

Last edited:
Reactions: J80 and Mudwing
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Trying to make sense of the P520 sub harness, compared to the P500 one. Maybe they now provide a plug with 4 connections and this is just an extension to reach the accessory.

View attachment 247743
I think you are seeing a generic photo.
If you look at the P500 accessories for 2020 the accessory sub harness has the same part number and the same picture.
But I have to think there is some poor fool that is looking at the part Amazon delivered and the picture ...

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I think you are seeing a generic photo.
If you look at the P500 accessories for 2020 the accessory sub harness has the same part number and the same picture.
But I have to think there is some poor fool that is looking at the part Amazon delivered and the picture ...
Guess the Honda webmaster screwed up.

Reactions: J80 and lee
lwhite571

lwhite571

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2016
Central, IN
Ownership

1. 500
I've got a question ? Why do they name the P500 a Honda Pioneer 500 and the new one the Honda Pioneer 520 ? Just because it has a 518cc motor besides the 475cc motor, And it has the bed, shocks and the little reflecters. Excuse me if this has been asked before

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I would guess that the Honda Ad agency, and or their internal Creative/ Promotions department gets involved in naming new products. They want the new purchaser to believe they are getting a new model with a new name plate, even if it is only a minor upgrade. It's also an excuse to send press releases to all the SXS media and get free publicity on their new model: "The Pioneer 520". It also sounds better than "We finally put a dump bed on the Pioneer 500 like we should have in the first place". ;)

Last edited:
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I'm kinda surprised they are still making the 500 and didn't just replace it with the 520.

Probably the Sales/Marketing Department lobbied for keeping an entry level SXS at a low price point, and as soon as the model with the bed starts outselling the old style, they will discontinue it.

lwhite571

lwhite571

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2016
Central, IN
Ownership

1. 500
I would guess that the Honda Ad agency, and or their internal Creative/ Promotions department gets involved in naming new products. They want the new purchaser to believe they are getting a new model with a new name plate, even if it is only a minor upgrade. It's also an excuse to send press releases to all the SXS media and get free publicity on their new model: "The Pioneer 520". It also sounds better than "We finally put a dump bed on the Pioneer 500 like we should have in the first place". ;)
Thank you, I was just wondering .

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
how did you get yours with the Honda letters in red ? did you paint them ?

Didn't everybody's come like that??? 😁

Red paint pen, dabble it around for a bit, let it dry for a couple mins, repeat till it looks as dark as you want.
Saw a post somebody did it for the stuff on the dash, the - and + on the paddles etc, figured it'd work out nicely for the grill lettering too.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!