P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Jparra830

Jparra830

Jan 24, 2020
Cocoa Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Annual Christmas Parade

about 100 vehicles including about 40 SXS
3E92552A 0CD7 482F BB2C C0441DD56D29

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Lewiston sits at the confluence of the snake river and the clearwater river, across the snake is the city of Clarkston Washington. Each year Clarkston has a Christmas parade, this year it was canceled because of the virus, which the SXS's would be in the parade. So they decided to drive around and show some Christmas spirit.
Parade

Parade 1

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Lewiston sits at the confluence of the snake river and the clearwater river, across the snake is the city of Clarkston Washington. Each year Clarkston has a Christmas parade, this year it was canceled because of the virus, which the SXS's would be in the parade. So they decided to drive around and show some Christmas spirit.
View attachment 242936

View attachment 242937

Did you participate with your P5?

Reactions: Backwoods and J80
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey Paper!
Great idea with the ride around Lewiston! We're about 20 North of CDA and get down that way a few times a year. Just did Palouse Falls and had late lunch in Lewiston on the way home. Any good trails up the North side of the Clearwater on low ground? I've been planning a tag for a couple years to fly fish from the shore and that would be a great excuse to explore/camp the area.

Merry Christmas to you and all the folks down there!!

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Just changed oil. 2nd oil change. Went with amsoil (I'm actually a dealer). Decided to pull my trigger shield out as I was thinking, first off, it could use some cleaning and also, I could use a little bit of heat entering the cab. Took it out for a ride. Immediately I noticed the NOISE coming from the engine and drivetrain! Also, smell of exhaust! I've got a rear window on it so the exhaust was coming in from underneath. Needless to say, the trigger shield is is going back in ASAP!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just changed oil. 2nd oil change. Went with amsoil (I'm actually a dealer). Decided to pull my trigger shield out as I was thinking, first off, it could use some cleaning and also, I could use a little bit of heat entering the cab. Took it out for a ride. Immediately I noticed the NOISE coming from the engine and drivetrain! Also, smell of exhaust! I've got a rear window on it so the exhaust was coming in from underneath. Needless to say, the trigger shield is is going back in ASAP!

Good oil! Wish I could get it off the shelf I'd probably run it in everything I own. Yeah you notice the difference a lot more when you take it out as opposed to when you first put it in. I knew it helped but didn't realize how much until I drove a machine without one.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Speaking of oil changes and the Triggershield, this was a good mod for easy oil changes. And if you have a triggershield, it covers the hole.

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 242931

View attachment 242933
Hey Paper!
Great idea with the ride around Lewiston! We're about 20 North of CDA and get down that way a few times a year. Just did Palouse Falls and had late lunch in Lewiston on the way home. Any good trails up the North side of the Clearwater on low ground? I've been planning a tag for a couple years to fly fish from the shore and that would be a great excuse to explore/camp the area.

Merry Christmas to you and all the folks down there!!
Nothing low, a lot of trails in the summertime. There is one above Lewiston that winds down to the salmon river. The "road" washes out each spring, depends on the size of rock they use as to how rough it is. Most trails are up at a town called Elk Creek, they have a huge amount of trails. They have SXS poker runs where over 200 riders show up to ride.

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 242931

View attachment 242933

Nothing low, a lot of trails in the summertime. There is one above Lewiston that winds down to the salmon river. The "road" washes out each spring, depends on the size of rock they use as to how rough it is. Most trails are up at a town called Elk Creek, they have a huge amount of trails. They have SXS poker runs where over 200 riders show up to ride.
Hey Papermaker next year drop me some info, I would like to start participating in these type of events......How does someone get involved?????

Reactions: papermaker
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah...me too! Please.
Is there a local group that sets these rides up or do they just "happen"? I a bit further away than Snake but still would be interested in getting involved in the area. I've covered a lot of the area from Sandpoint North to the border on my DRZ 400 but have only done mostly highway rides on the Harley and Bandit so I don't know the area much at all. I've gone Rt 12 over the pass into MT and back thru Bonners and I know the Lolo trail is there somewhere.

Don't mean to burden you, although you seem like a good POC in the area.
Thanks!!

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Put t
put the trigger shield back in. All is good again! Really like the Amsoil! Can't hardly hear it shift now. Much smoother!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
For those of you not in the #NTC....

20201229 163431

May I present a 2016 P520 engine. Long story short.... I pulled the engine & replaced the cyl & piston with one for a '21 Pioneer 520. Not an easy mod by any stretch.....hope it works 🤣

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
For those of you not in the #NTC....

View attachment 243942
May I present a 2016 P520 engine. Long story short.... I pulled the engine & replaced the cyl & piston with one for a '21 Pioneer 520. Not an easy mod by any stretch.....hope it works 🤣

Hope it does too man. Nice work!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Hope it does too man. Nice work!
It does, got it running today. Didn't take long, there really isn't much as far as connections, it actually started so quickly it startled me. One slight issue......I f*cked up putting the rear cover on so it doesn't know what gear it's in.....LOL Forgot to check the clocking on the indicator switch...OOPS! I'll fix that in the morning, just have to drain the oil and pop the rear cover off.

G

grallison14

Jul 6, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so for $45 I bought this 7 inch double din player with touch screen and blue tooth. I just ordered the wire kit for the back up camera. The mount I'm using is from a old GPS monitor. So far it works just fine. View attachment 224510
I'm looking to do something similar with my p1k was there any special adapters to get power to the double din?

Reactions: Mudder and J80

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!