P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I decided to start looking into the headlights on the p500, I haven’t done much riding at night until lately and these things are horrible! I figured I would start by seeing what kind of pattern they have on a wall......they definitely just through them in at the factory, this is only 5 feet away from the wall, the further you back up the worse it gets. Here’s some before and after.

View attachment 238903 View attachment 238904
That is an amazingly bad alignment as shipped. lol

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I decided to start looking into the headlights on the p500, I haven’t done much riding at night until lately and these things are horrible! I figured I would start by seeing what kind of pattern they have on a wall......they definitely just through them in at the factory, this is only 5 feet away from the wall, the further you back up the worse it gets. Here’s some before and after.

View attachment 238903 View attachment 238904
Yep, they leave a lot to be desired to say the least. And they don't even have high/low beams. Definitely require extra lighting. Fortunately, it's pretty inexpensive and really easy to add

Reactions: Mudder and J80
txbmcnabb

txbmcnabb

Feb 7, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Added a ballast for rear stability
IMG 0874

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Check out the elka shocks there’s a few on here that speak highly of them but they might be behind to with their production also

I looked at the Elka shocks but for the price they are not right for me. For the same price as the WE they come tuned for one riding style and I go from trial riding to carrying a heavy load while hunting weekly. If I make the investment I want fully adjustable shocks. I also looked into the 814's but they were also several hundred more than the WE.

Reactions: J80 and Mudder
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I looked at the Elka shocks but for the price they are not right for me. For the same price as the WE they come tuned for one riding style and I go from trial riding to carrying a heavy load while hunting weekly. If I make the investment I want fully adjustable shocks. I also looked into the 814's but they were also several hundred more than the WE.
Elka and WE can both be bought adjustable for rebound, compression and preload/ride height.

Regardless of what brand shock you buy you are going to ultimately be picking a spring rate directly or indirectly.

I have no skin in the game no matter what way you go but what you’ve said doesn’t make sense.

Or maybe I’m a dumbass.

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
It comes down to price. To buy Elka shocks that are adjustable they cost a lot more than the WE. The stage 1 Elka is the same price as the WE but they are not adjustable

Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker

Mar 4, 2018
Manitoulin Island
Ownership

1. 500
I don’t miss the sled with these. You loose the speed, but they will pull like a Clydesdale. With the cab it keeps you out of the weather. I have a picture somewhere of an original big red 700 on tracks and a cord of wood in a trailer with no axle, as it was lost a mile back in the bush.

Garbageman

Garbageman

Dec 6, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Didn't think to take pictures, but..... put straw bales and christmas lights on the 7x6.5 I use to haul the machine around, hauled it around the neighborhood looking at people's decorations. Some "hot chocolate" was consumed, and a good time had. Had to use the jumper box and engineer a solution to get running lights on the trailer, but the police who drove by us just laughed and waved.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!