What did you do to/with your Talon today?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was losing air slowly in 3 of 4 tires so today was pull the rings, clean out the dirt, and retorque. What a pain! The one in the photo wasnt even the worst one. The machine came with beadlocks; I don't know if I'd get them again. And a new sticker.View attachment 405789View attachment 405790View attachment 405791
Terrabites are a great, long wearing tire but, due to inconsistencies in bead thickness on individual tires, don't play well with beadlocks. It looks like you got 3 out of 4 with that problem. That's the only reason I'm not running them.

The clean sections on the circumference show where the bead was probably thinner, the BL ring bottomed on the rim before getting the needed pinch on the thin bead. That's my guess.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I bought a set of terrabites mounted on sti wheels from rmatv. Checked beadlock torque before putting them on the machine, some of the bolts were barely finger tight. Hopefully you fixed your problem, mine never would seal. Sold them cheap and moved on.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Getting the car ready for the Mid America race at the end of the month.....

New 27" Hoosier Bites
20231006 184803

New Raceco hubs
20231006 234826

20231006 234844

And I have another RF knuckle and a tie rod assembly ordered because my old ones are slightly damaged. 😆
20231006 222958
20231006 234757

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Those look to have more tread than you usually run, care to tell us what's up?

I'm going to race at Mid America Outdoors in Oklahoma next weekend for the first time ever. Their dirt is nothing like the clay we have in Texas and the dirt track tires I normally run don't work there. These Hoosier Bites are what all the fast guys run so I figured I'd get me a set to try out.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm going to race at Mid America Outdoors in Oklahoma next weekend for the first time ever. Their dirt is nothing like the clay we have in Texas and the dirt track tires I normally run don't work there. These Hoosier Bites are what all the fast guys run so I figured I'd get me a set to try out.
Do you guys run in 2wd or 4? Is it an option or mandated? If 4wd, did you install a locker up front?

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Good luck out there, let us know how it goes. Buggy looks good with the new go fast parts.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Do you guys run in 2wd or 4? Is it an option or mandated? If 4wd, did you install a locker up front?

4wd and I run the factory front locker. Its not mandated but you would be at a major disadvantage running in 2wd. Installing a locker in the front diff would also be a disadvantage because it messes with cornering ability.

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
No pics (unnecessary), but even after spending $30+ and an hour and a half @ Splish Splash (the manual car wash down the road from Adult World), the Talon was still somewhat of a dirty mess from our antics @ MOM23.

Another hour plus yesterday @ home with the pressure washer, boat brush, and other car wash toiletries and she's finally back in a recognizable state of cleanliness.

I can tell you this much: When they say your machine will NEVER be as clean as it was the day you bought it, they weren't kidding.

In the future, someone please remind me to NOT go through that last big mud hole near Eagle Rock Campground. 😄

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No pics (unnecessary), but even after spending $30+ and an hour and a half @ Splish Splash (the manual car wash down the road from Adult World), the Talon was still somewhat of a dirty mess from our antics @ MOM23.

Another hour plus yesterday @ home with the pressure washer, boat brush, and other car wash toiletries and she's finally back in a recognizable state of cleanliness.

I can tell you this much: When they say your machine will NEVER be as clean as it was the day you bought it, they weren't kidding.

In the future, someone please remind me to NOT go through that last big mud hole near Eagle Rock Campground. 😄
Mine is close to new clean…takes a lot of work.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Mine is close to new clean…takes a lot of work.

Mine too, and its a racecar. I have the OCD's. 🤣

Spraying something like Mud Off or similar all over the machine before you ride in muddy conditions really helps make the mud and grime come off easy. Pulling the skids before you power wash the car also helps a bunch.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Pulling the skids before I wash it?? And @CID said I was anal for removing the skids before an oil change!

• Haha
Reactions: Backwoods and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Pulling the skids before I wash it?? And @CID said I was anal for removing the skids before an oil change!
U R. :cool:

When U get ole and tired like me, U'll unnerstand. :)

We rode Gold Bar Rim, Rusty Nail, No Left Turn, Body Snatcher, Golden Spike, The Golden Crack, Golden Staircase, Double Whammy, Where Eagles Dare, Where Eagles Dare Summit (straight up, straight down 😲) and Corona Arch overlook.

Another wonderful day in Moab. 😍

The track - (red only)

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
New member here! I added a custom rear tailgate with spare tire mount from Dirt Road Fab and added a AJK milwaukee mount in the bed.!
Nice!

Might I suggest you start up a (new) welcome/first thread, introduce yourself, and post a few pics of your buggy? POIDH! 👮‍♂️🚓🚨

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
New member here! I added a custom rear tailgate with spare tire mount from Dirt Road Fab and added a AJK milwaukee mount in the bed.!
Welcome from Michigan
What Tolan?
Year, color, miles?
Post pics or…

Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
#POIDH

Reactions: Smittyp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!