What did you do to/with your Talon today?

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Well, not today but a couple over the weekend. New springs are on. Don't believe them when they say it's a two hour job! Maybe if you have the cool spring compresser tool and a vice, or if you don't have to take the shock off several times to adjust to the correct ride height. I know you can do it on the machine but there just isn't a lot of room to work. I did survive the Harbor Freight compresser tool so there's that!
View attachment 432444
it’s a pita - I had em off/on several times when I swapped springs to get the ride height to factory settings as well - feel your pain

AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
I took the new springs out for a shake down while doing some early scouting. Yep, they do make a noticeable difference. Much better on the smaller, rattley stuff. Kinda makes one wonder why they don't come from the factory like this.
20240613 162855
20240613 160537
20240613 112842
20240613 143325
20240613 134957

AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
My wife, oldest son, and I took a quick ride up and around Peavine Mountain just north of Reno. Boyo drove the Teryx and mom and I got the Talon. The Teryx is a rough riding beast, but it's a goat. The Talon with the new springs even elicited a comment from my wife. Money well spent!
20240616 100629

The boy is the tall skinny one!

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I took the new springs out for a shake down while doing some early scouting. Yep, they do make a noticeable difference. Much better on the smaller, rattley stuff. Kinda makes one wonder why they don't come from the factory like this. View attachment 432966View attachment 432967View attachment 432968View attachment 432969View attachment 432970
Good looking country, nice to get into the mountains when it starts warming up. Do you ever ride in the Sierra mountains?

advertisement
AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
Good looking country, nice to get into the mountains when it starts warming up. Do you ever ride in the Sierra mountains?
Occasionally we ride up west of Reno. Once my wife retires I hope to get more time up there. With the Wilderness Area there is a pretty big chunk of no-go area near us.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB and CID
Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
Which tablet holder did you go wi

Which tablet holder did you go with?
As you can see, I went with the center mounted tablet mount. It appears that a Chinese company is making these particular tablet mounts and then selling them to numerous different companies who are then renaming them and selling them under their brand. I have even seen kemi moto sell them for mavericks although nothing by them for Talons.

Just do a google search for the best price. I got mine from amazon.

Rand

Reactions: JenElio and AMink
AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
As you can see, I went with the center mounted tablet mount. It appears that a Chinese company is making these particular tablet mounts and then selling them to numerous different companies who are then renaming them and selling them under their brand. I have even seen kemi moto sell them for mavericks although nothing by them for Talons.

Just do a google search for the best price. I got mine from amazon.

Rand
Thanks for the reply. I checked them out and it seems they'd work well for a '22 and up with the info screen on the steering column. Not too sure about the older ones. It appears it would cover the gauge cluster. I'll have to look more closely.

Reactions: Jankyeye
Nevada Notch

Nevada Notch

Jul 3, 2021
Carson City
Thanks for the reply. I checked them out and it seems they'd work well for a '22 and up with the info screen on the steering column. Not too sure about the older ones. It appears it would cover the gauge cluster. I'll have to look more closely.
You're welcome.

Yes they cover the gauge cluster. I wound up moving my gauge cluster on my 2021 because it's just in a bad spot to see.
I tried a passenger grab bar holder mount but I cant reach the tablet when driving.

If you want to see it up close (I'm in Carson) pm me and let me know.

Rand

Reactions: AMink
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Occasionally we ride up west of Reno. Once my wife retires I hope to get more time up there. With the Wilderness Area there is a pretty big chunk of no-go area near us.
It was already starting to warm up when we were at Cold Springs Station in May.

AMink

AMink

Supporting Member
Jun 6, 2023
Reno, NV
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R LV
My wife and I headed out to do some more scouting. Didn't see much but did get to try out the sidewall patch kit and my little rechargeable compressor.
20240619 130148

NAS Fallon boys were out today. We even got a sonic boom.

20240619 124451

Getting near the top. This is in a Wilderness Study Area so no motorized.

20240619 143250

Some cool rocks.

20240619 115957

We busted about 20 sage grouse.

20240619 154136

Front and back. I whacked the crap out of something. It started pulling so I stopped in time to hear the last gasp comi g out of the front. Then another evil hiss...Two sidewalls and the front had a pinch hole right on the bead. That got plugged with a bacon strip. The front sidewall patch worked fine but the one on the rear only worked well enough to get back to the trailer. My fault as I should have used a bit bigger one. I got home and cut it off, stuffed two bacon straps in and patched it again. Seems to be holding now.

20240619 213328

This thing basically put 12 psi in 5 30" tires after continued leaks were stopped. It still had some juice left and could probably have done another.

advertisement