What did you do to/with your Talon today?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Pulled my sub-trans apart last night to install some updated parts and to figure out what im going to do to remove rotating mass from it. We have a plan that will be exploiting the gray areas of the new rules. They thought they were going to stop me.... 😁

20221229 224337

20221229 224351

Anybody see this yet? Honda

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Installed the 10-80 Dirt Sports pre-filter filter today. Wanted to get it along with a few other things done before it ever hits the road....errr trail.

That's probably one of the best mods for the Talon. Not having to open the airbox and replacing or cleaning an expensive filter is priceless. Cleaning a filter and sock that can be removed in 10 seconds is also priceless.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Installed the 10-80 Dirt Sports pre-filter filter today. Wanted to get it along with a few other things done before it ever hits the road....errr trail.
Be sure to check both air box seals, the one under the filter and the one on the air box cover, some have been found out of place. Photos in "New Talon Owners - First Things to Know and Check", linked in my sig or it's a sticky in the General Talon 1000 Discussion forum.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Be sure to check both air box seals, the one under the filter and the one on the air box cover, some have been found out of place. Photos in "New Talon Owners - First Things to Know and Check", linked in my sig or it's a sticky in the General Talon 1000 Discussion forum.
Thanks! That thread has been extremely helpful as I begin this build!

UB 500

UB 500

Jan 16, 2022
MD
Ownership

1. Talon R
35ED783A 911F 4255 9227 AEC9DAE67F4C

A few days ago my nephew wanted some pictures. He gets credit for the camera work. I’m just the driver. 🤣 He wanted me to stage on his homemade jump for his 400ex and the cross a small ditch. I think he likes the suspension travel
1D605D41 92F1 4216 A62D D20A9D613CA4
3FF8AC1E 864A 4A61 B9E5 9E944372A56C

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Desert? Good for you! I get to learn how to change rear wheel bearings:confused:
What were your symptoms/how did you find the wheel bearings were going out? (What do I look for - noise or did you grab a wheel and shake it?) How are you CV joints holding up? My inner LR gave up at 8100 miles and I have almost no pavement miles on mine, quite different than you. Say Hi to Kathy.

Desert - Yep, forced myself to pack mid winter 🥶 🥶 🥶 and headed for King of the Hammers. The first night out, west of Green River, Utah, it got down to 13*; 🥶 🥶 🥶 damn glad the RV started that morning. :oops: KOH is quite a spectacle and worth the trip but you don’t get to see much of the race, YouTube streaming with multiple drones live footage is better for that. The cold I thought I had in November came back in Johnson Valley, apparently my lungs don’t like the white dust of the desert. I’ll have to be more careful in the future. 😢

After the race, I headed to Quartzsite. It’s been chillier than usual per the people here, but still warm enough to ride almost 1000 miles around the 4 quadrants of hwy 10 and 95. Another couple of days here and I’m headed for Hanksville, there are a few small rides that look promising on Google Earth.

Yesterday, rotated CW to fit the screen -

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
What were your symptoms/how did you find the wheel bearings were going out? (What do I look for - noise or did you grab a wheel and shake it?) How are you CV joints holding up? My inner LR gave up at 8100 miles and I have almost no pavement miles on mine, quite different than you. Say Hi to Kathy.

Desert - Yep, forced myself to pack mid winter 🥶 🥶 🥶 and headed for King of the Hammers. That’s quite a spectacle and worth the trip but you don’t get to see much of the race, YouTube streaming with multiple drones live footage is better for that. The cold I thought I had in November came back in Johnson Valley, apparently my lungs don’t like the white dust of the desert. I’ll have to be more careful in the future. 😢

After the race, I headed to Quartzsite. It’s been chillier than usual per the people here, but still warm enough to ride almost 1000 miles around the 4 quadrants of hwy 10 and 95. Another couple of days here and I’m headed for Hanksville, there are a few small rides that look promising on Google Earth.

Yesterday, rotated CW to fit the screen -
View attachment 377932
You are living the freakin dream @CID!!! 👍🏼

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!