What did you do to/with your Talon today?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
You are living the freakin dream @CID!!! šŸ‘šŸ¼
Indeed I am, Todd, indeed I am. šŸ˜

Family friendly version - :cool:

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
What were your symptoms/how did you find the wheel bearings were going out? (What do I look for - noise or did you grab a wheel and shake it?) How are you CV joints holding up? My inner LR gave up at 8100 miles and I have almost no pavement miles on mine, quite different than you. Say Hi to Kathy.

Desert - Yep, forced myself to pack mid winter šŸ„¶ šŸ„¶ šŸ„¶ and headed for King of the Hammers. The first night out, west of Green River, Utah, it got down to 13*; šŸ„¶ šŸ„¶ šŸ„¶ damn glad the RV started that morning. :oops: KOH is quite a spectacle and worth the trip but you donā€™t get to see much of the race, YouTube streaming with multiple drones live footage is better for that. The cold I thought I had in November came back in Johnson Valley, apparently my lungs donā€™t like the white dust of the desert. Iā€™ll have to be more careful in the future. šŸ˜¢

After the race, I headed to Quartzsite. Itā€™s been chillier than usual per the people here, but still warm enough to ride almost 1000 miles around the 4 quadrants of hwy 10 and 95. Another couple of days here and Iā€™m headed for Hanksville, there are a few small rides that look promising on Google Earth.

Yesterday, rotated CW to fit the screen -
View attachment 377932
Cv's all fine to now. Wheel bearings i kind of knew were coming, at about 15,000 i discovered the axle nuts were kinda loose( two loose,one finger tight)- I'm sure the bearings wobbled enough to knock the seals out. At a little over 20,000 she with good ears heard a growl when on asphalt about the same time the brake pedal got spongy- no bearing left to make the rotor run true, pushes the piston back into the caliper, takes a pump to have brakes. Jacked it up to confirm what i knew, real obvious. All hooked up now, ready to head home in the morning. Been just hanging out enjoying the weather for a week now in QUARTZSITE. Kathy says hi, wishes you kids would stay in touch a little better. No worries, i took care of the cookies.:)

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Cv's all fine to now. Wheel bearings i kind of knew were coming, at about 15,000 i discovered the axle nuts were kinda loose( two loose,one finger tight)- I'm sure the bearings wobbled enough to knock the seals out. At a little over 20,000 she with good ears heard a growl when on asphalt about the same time the brake pedal got spongy- no bearing left to make the rotor run true, pushes the piston back into the caliper, takes a pump to have brakes. Jacked it up to confirm what i knew, real obvious. All hooked up now, ready to head home in the morning. Been just hanging out enjoying the weather for a week now in QUARTZSITE. Kathy says hi, wishes you kids would stay in touch a little better. No worries, i took care of the cookies.:)
Must be nice, you live in the desert, leave the desert to go camping in another desert. šŸ˜› Yeah, maybe we should talk once inna while. LOL Never thought youā€™d leave home in the ā€˜winterā€™, is it still chilly up there? šŸ„¶

HEY!!! How do you transport your Talon? I saw one leave here yesterday in the bed of a pickup being towed behind a DP. Nope couldnā€™t have been you if youā€™re leaving tomorrow.

I spent several days down on Cibola Road, 82 mm on hwy 95, then moved up to La Posa South for about a week and then north to Plomosa Road where I am now. Iā€™m almost done here but Hanksville weather shows them still dropping into the 20ā€™s/low 30ā€™s at night and only getting into the low 50ā€™s daytime; too cold for my blood. šŸ„¶

Mmmmm, cookies. šŸ˜

Reactions: Buggyman
D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Diesel pusher is gone, this was the maiden voyage for the new configuration. weather at home is warming but raining at the moment, (my level of) mud may be an issue for a week or so. Don't know how long to get our scooter healed up but if you come our way to hanksville your parking spot is available
IMG 0149

C

CP25

Feb 27, 2023
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Installed Shift Gate and Dash Cover. Was nervous on taking off the shift knob, due to post on difficult. I canā€™t remember what poster said to use a heat gun. Once heated, came off like butter. Broke last rivet on Dash cover, will replace tomorrow.

29FEB95A 622A 44E9 B9AA 3DE1E9184A1E 2C503AB2 8AA6 46A1 81F0 EEF9DC5005F3

booch

booch

Jan 30, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X4
No worries.
Shift Gate-CA Industries
Dash Panel- I looked through previous emails/orders and I couldnā€™t find vendor. But, I will keep searching and PM you with vendor.
Thanks you.

Reactions: Buggyman
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
If ya dont mind me asking, where did you get those?
No worries.
Shift Gate-CA Industries
Dash Panel- I looked through previous emails/orders and I couldnā€™t find vendor. But, I will keep searching and PM you with vendor.
The dash panel is 10-80 Dirt Sports. @highpocket74 is the owner and a member here.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
LOL....Ed Zachary šŸ‘
I'll make it easy for you! Paint and fasteners are up to the customer.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTCā€™s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No worries.
Shift Gate-CA Industries
CA Industries OR CA Tech? CA Tech is here in Cleveland TN and the owner is a good buddy of mine and a really good dude.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!