P1000 What it's all about--

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1 week in, 87 miles.
Rode some trails in Leeds this weekend.
Good times. Can't beat being able to carry my old man, my three kids, my wife and my sister around on Father's Day. Youngest brother and dad talking about dumping the Ranger and buying one now :)
IMG 20160619 192449836
IMG 20160619 192804594
IMG956670

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So how was the seat heat? I assume ya'lls temp was close to ours today.

Bearable?

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So how was the seat heat? I assume ya'lls temp was close to ours today.

Bearable?
Ive got the heat shield (@Bayouownbeer) up front. there is now no heat on the plastic behind the middle rider (my 5 year old). However I don't know if it was ever bad as I added it right away after purchase. My wife, sister, 7 week old, and 18 month old rode in the back. I asked them after we rode about 5 miles - mostly climbing hilly knolls and creeks - if they were hot, and they said it felt great. The woods were shaded, so that may have played a factor. I really haven't noticed heat like others, but I drive like a grandpa - I don't hammer it down and rev it up unless a situation calls for it. I cruise around 2500-3000 rpms and the heat and noise aren't there. They had no preconceived notion regarding the heat, so when I asked, they didn't know why and casually answered that it felt great outside. I'll chalk that up to a win. Heat does come out from behind the front seat back and bed (like with any SxS), but apparently not enough for them to notice on an Alabama afternoon ride in June. Definitely cooler all around than dad's XP800 Ranger. He's seriously considering one, and continues to rave about the Hondas quietness and ride compared to his. If you don't fold the w/s out on his, it will run you out of the cab.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got close to 18 in this new deluxe but today the girls wanted the 4 wheellddderr as my 2 yr old calls it. Let my 7 yr old drive with my hands ready for take over and they had a blast. They see that 06 rincon as the best ride on the place where it looks like rims,tires,winch and a bumper for the Sxs to me. So I guess it stays and I'm gonna have to come up with different money for those things... Good times any which way

Reactions: 500

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!